Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compensation Picks Announced
The NFL announced compensation picks today. The Bengals will receive a bonus 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounder.
Reply/Quote
Now this year, we can trade our comp picks can't we? I thought I heard that someplace, prolly around these parts, but I can't confirm that.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Feel like we got hosed. I was expecting better.

Steelers got a 3rd round pick for Beachum who had a total cap hit of 5,375,000 last year. His contract only had 1.5 million guaranteed.

Marvin jones had a cap hit of 6.6 million last year and had 20 million guaranteed in his contract.

Rigged. Sad.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 06:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Feel like we got hosed. I was expecting better.

Steelers got a 3rd round pick for Beachum who had a total cap hit of 5,375,000 last year. His contract only had 1.5 million guaranteed.

Marvin jones had a cap hit of 6.6 million last year and had 20 million guaranteed in his contract.

Rigged. Sad.

Yeah, it definitely doesn't seem correct.  It's like they lumped all of their losses in FA into a single pick.
Reply/Quote
bummer
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 05:22 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: The NFL announced compensation picks today. The Bengals will receive a bonus 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounder.

Damn that's what I originally thought we'd get. Then with all the projections I saw I got my hopes up and expectations up.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 06:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Feel like we got hosed. I was expecting better.

Rigged. Sad.

Yeah, major BS Nati. Can't catch a break and i fear never will.

Don't like the system. Sounding like a lib or somethin'. Cry
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 10:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, major BS Nati. Can't catch a break and i fear never will.

Don't like the system. Sounding like a lib or somethin'. Cry

Damn Trump screwed us out of a 3rd. #NOTMYDRAFT
Reply/Quote
On a serious note though, I do think we kinda got screwed. It's even more frustrating seeing 11 3rd round comps.
Reply/Quote
At least we didn't step on a rusty nail. Cheers

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 06:10 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Now this year, we can trade our comp picks can't we?  I thought I heard that someplace, prolly around these parts, but I can't confirm that.

We are able to trade them this year 
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 03:29 AM)Jpoore Wrote: We are able to trade them this year 

What do you think? It might be enough to help us move up in the 3rd, maybe the 2nd but I'm not sure. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 04:28 AM)Shady Wrote: What do you think? It might be enough to help us move up in the 3rd, maybe the 2nd but I'm not sure. 
if we get a second rounder for mccarron no. Need to trade up into the 2nd. I would be all for trading up into the third to get jake butt if hes still there. According to a couple articles recently might get 2 or 3 of the browns second round picks. 
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 05:49 AM)Jpoore Wrote: if we get a second rounder for mccarron no. Need to trade up into the 2nd. I would be all for trading up into the third to get jake butt if hes still there. According to a couple articles recently might get 2 or 3 of the browns second round picks. 

But, I thought you said some guy said that someone one within the Browns said someone was discussing trading a 1st and 2nd round pick for McCarron. 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2017, 11:38 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Damn Trump screwed us out of a 3rd. #NOTMYDRAFT

LMAO! All Trump's fault man.
Reply/Quote
Just wondering... Do we have 2 4th's after this?

Someone said we still only have 1?

Would be nice to have 2 as we usually draft great in the 4th round for some reason.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 07:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just wondering... Do we have 2 4th's after this?

Someone said we still only have 1?

Would be nice to have 2 as we usually draft great in the 4th round for some reason.

Yes, the Bengals will have two picks total in rounds 4 through 7.
The Bengals have the first comp pick in rounds 4, 5, and 7 specifically, and the sixth rounder is the second comp pick in Round 6 .
http://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/24/14730418/compensatory-draft-picks-nfl-draft-2017-order
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2017, 09:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, the Bengals will have two picks total in rounds 4 through 7.
The Bengals have the first comp pick in rounds 4, 5, and 7 specifically, and the sixth rounder is the second comp pick in Round 6 .
http://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/24/14730418/compensatory-draft-picks-nfl-draft-2017-order

Cool.

This gives me some hope. We usually draft very well in the 4th round.
Reply/Quote