Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compensatory Picks
This is where you look to add solid backups I’m for keeping all of them this year, I’d be looking at guys that can contribute on special teams immediately.

For me:

1) depth linebacker
2) corner or safety
3) running back

- don’t waste it on a punter, just sign someone who is released or college udfa there are diamonds in the rough for these positions
Reply/Quote
This guy broke down the Compensatory Picks.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 09:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the moment arises, and there is a player there that will make the team better, I'd be all for that.

(03-08-2024, 09:54 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Very doubtful, those three 6th rounders warrant a very low 5th rounder.  Wont come close to a 4th.

There is a chance that the NFL Management Council made a mistake which would help us.  A review may be warranted.

I don't know how the trade value board goes but I understand... but if they are going to keep all 3 then they should target a punter and a running back.

I remember being pissed off the Chiefs got Pacheo in the 7th round. Was super interested in him.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The extra 5th would have been nice for flexibility to draft a punter.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 10:08 PM)Synric Wrote: This guy broke down the Compensatory Picks.

One of the responding tweets put it perfectly:

“This is like the coin flip all over again”

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 09:54 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Very doubtful, those three 6th rounders warrant a very low 5th rounder.  Wont come close to a 4th.

There is a chance that the NFL Management Council made a mistake which would help us.  A review may be warranted.

It would be nice, but we are the Bengals, the NFL redheaded step-child... Remember the coin toss.....
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 10:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: One of the responding tweets put it perfectly:

Exactly! Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 10:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: One of the responding tweets put it perfectly:

Possibly losing out on a 3rd round top 100 pick in a good draft class just sucks. I wonder if they narrowed the cutoffs because two teams are getting 3rd round comp picks for the minority hires.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Wild that the difference between Bell and Perine was that negligible. I know it was a bit of a fluke but still... six picks. Who'da thunk it.
Reply/Quote
We had three sixth round picks in 2019

182 Trayveon Williams RB Texas A&M
210 Deshaun Davis LB Auburn
211 Rodney Anderson RB Oklahoma

Doesn't make me feel real excited about our three this year.

We drafted Kelly Gregg and Neil Rackers back in 1999 and 2000 in the 6th round. But haven't had much luck since. We probably need to think about using those three sixths and our seventh to move up in the draft or to trade for a vet or two.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 06:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We had three sixth round picks in 2019

182 Trayveon Williams RB Texas A&M
210 Deshaun Davis LB Auburn
211 Rodney Anderson RB Oklahoma

Doesn't make me feel real excited about our three this year.

We drafted Kelly Gregg and Neil Rackers back in 1999 and 2000 in the 6th round.  But haven't had much luck since. We probably need to think about using those three sixths and our seventh to move up in the draft or to trade for a vet or two.

We've historically been atrocious on comp picks. Made this list years ago. I dig it up, update it, and repost it every now and then when the topic comes up.

- - - - - - - - - -
All Bengals Comp Picks since 1994 when it became a thing...

'94: 3rd- Steve Shine
'98: 7th- Damian Vaughn
'99: 7th- Scott Covington, Donald Broomfield
'03: 7th- Elton Patterson
'04: 3rd- Landon Johnson
'07: 7th- Chinedum Ndukwe
'08: 3rd- Andre Caldwell / 6th- Matt Sherry / 7th- Angelo Craig, Mario Urrutia
'09: 3rd- Chase Coffman / 6th- Bernard Scott / 7th- Clinton McDonald, Freddie Brown
'10: 3rd- Brandon Ghee / 4th- Rodderick Muckleroy
'11: 7th- Jay Finley
'13: 7th- Reid Fragel, TJ Johnson
'14: 6th- Marquis Flowers / 7th- Lavelle Westbrooks
'15: 3rd- Paul Dawson / 4th- Marcus Hardison
'17: 4th- Ryan Glasgow / 5th- JJ Dielman / 7th- Mason Schreck
'18: 5th- Darius Phillips / 7th- Rod Taylor, Auden Tate
'19: 4th- Michael Jordan / 6th- Deshaun Davis, Rodney Anderson
'22: 4th- D'Ante Smith
'23: 6th- Brad Robbins

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 06:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We've historically been atrocious on comp picks. Made this list years ago. I dig it up, update it, and repost it every now and then when the topic comes up.

- - - - - - - - - -
All Bengals Comp Picks since 1994 when it became a thing...

'94: 3rd- Steve Shine
'98: 7th- Damian Vaughn
'99: 7th- Scott Covington, Donald Broomfield
'03: 7th- Elton Patterson
'04: 3rd- Landon Johnson
'07: 7th- Chinedum Ndukwe
'08: 3rd- Andre Caldwell / 6th- Matt Sherry / 7th- Angelo Craig, Mario Urrutia
'09: 3rd- Chase Coffman / 6th- Bernard Scott / 7th- Clinton McDonald, Freddie Brown
'10: 3rd- Brandon Ghee / 4th- Rodderick Muckleroy
'11: 7th- Jay Finley
'13: 7th- Reid Fragel, TJ Johnson
'14: 6th- Marquis Flowers / 7th- Lavelle Westbrooks
'15: 3rd- Paul Dawson / 4th- Marcus Hardison
'17: 4th- Ryan Glasgow / 5th- JJ Dielman / 7th- Mason Schreck
'18: 5th- Darius Phillips / 7th- Rod Taylor, Auden Tate
'19: 4th- Michael Jordan / 6th- Deshaun Davis, Rodney Anderson
'22: 4th- D'Ante Smith
'23: 6th- Brad Robbins

Sheesh.

I had such high hopes for most of those picks.

I remember being a big fan of that Paul Dawson pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 07:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sheesh.

I had such high hopes for most of those picks.

I remember being a big fan of that Paul Dawson pick.

I had high hopes for Robbins. At least he appears to be a good holder for Money Mac
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 07:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I had high hopes for Robbins. At least he appears to be a good holder for Money Mac

Taylor is this years best rated punter. He's a big dude!

https://hawkeyesports.com/roster/tory-taylor/

I wonder if they consider drafting a Robbins replacement since Duke mentioned the punter position at the combine?
Reply/Quote
I'd take 3 RB's in the 6th.
Mathematically, one is bound to be reasonable.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Punter and running back?

Perfect place to get a punter for competition against Brad

Or whatever our punters name is
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 12:26 AM)Housh Wrote: Punter and running back?

Perfect place to get a punter for competition against Brad

Or whatever our punters name is

Competition? If they draft a P and he isn't immediately and obviously better than Robbins, we need to fire Simmons or whatever one of our 4 scouts is choosing our punters.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2024, 11:14 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'd take 3 RB's in the 6th.
Mathematically, one is bound to be reasonable.

Sort of a joke, but honestly? That Louisville backup RB Isaac Guerendo who lit up the combine and Frank Gore Jr I believe are both expected to be post-4th round Day 3 picks. Wouldn't mind grabbing both if we don't want to use a 2nd or 3rd on a RB. If I am going to gamble with the 6th rounders who are all going to have their warts somewhere, give me athletic freaks or bloodlines.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 03:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sort of a joke, but honestly? That Louisville backup RB Isaac Guerendo who lit up the combine and Frank Gore Jr I believe are both expected to be post-4th round Day 3 picks. Wouldn't mind grabbing both if we don't want to use a 2nd or 3rd on a RB. If I am going to gamble with the 6th rounders who are all going to have their warts somewhere, give me athletic freaks or bloodlines.

I don't think it could hurt.
I'd take a chance on Jase McClellan, Kimani Vidal, and Isaac Guerendo.

Reply/Quote
I have not had a chance to read the entire thread yet so I apologize if this has been brought up, but has anyone else heard that it is being stated that the NFL was off on their calculations and that the Bengals actually should have received a 3rd and a 6th round selection rather than 2 - 6th round selections? Something to do with the Jessie Bates loss. I will attempt to locate the article that I read regarding this.
Reply/Quote