Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Compensatory picks fixed!
(03-11-2024, 07:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: This was my thought. The trade chart is pretty forgiving here and it would make sense to use it as part of a trade up…or acquiring a vet.

Could use the extra 3rd and 6th and trade for Milton Williams.
Reply/Quote
Nice. Didn’t even have to trade anybody today and we acquired a top 100 pick.

In the draft simulators I wasn’t too happy with the names coming up with those 6th rounders. This is going to make it look much nicer.
Reply/Quote
Shout out to the guy that found the error.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Shout out to the guy that found the error.

We need to send him a big gift basket or something.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:26 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: We need to send him a big gift basket or something.

If I knew how to post one, I would definitely send him a GIF package.

Insert appropriate appreciative GIF image here...
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:26 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: We need to send him a big gift basket or something.

just get the coin that they used and frame it!
Reply/Quote
I guess that means the rando on the internet was correct
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:56 PM)pulses Wrote: Could use the extra 3rd and 6th and trade for Milton Williams.

Based on what Burns just went for you can do way better than Milton Williams.
Reply/Quote
Good news, for sure.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Based on what Burns just went for you can do way better than Milton Williams.
even better.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: This was my thought. The trade chart is pretty forgiving here and it would make sense to use it as part of a trade up…or acquiring a vet.

This puts trading up in the teens on the table while keeping 3 top 100 picks. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The interest in folks wanting the Bengals in The Official Board Mock just went up..

I haven't had them since I drafted Cam Newton for us...Just saying..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:02 PM)Synric Wrote: This puts trading up in the teens on the table while keeping 3 top 100 picks. 

Dear Callahan, 
Here's Tee and 3rd+6th for your 1.07.

Good luck except vs. CIN

Signed, 
Tiger

Imagine picking in that slot in this draft. 
I'd be over the moon with Alt or Odunze/Nabers.
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This is insane. INSANE. It was always such a painful wait after 80. And now we just slide right in to nab the guy we were worried might not last until 114, "Don't forget about me!"
Reply/Quote
So... Ben Sinnott and Braelon Allen in the 3rd it is !

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: what kills me is I saw an interview with Tobin a few years ago, and he stressed how valuable compensatory picks are, and how he's not interested in trading them. Referenced Marvin Jones and Geno Atkins. But he whiffs a lot on them so I just think he's insane lol

(03-11-2024, 07:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea but with his record, he SHOULD be more interested in using them for trade ups

It's funny hearing Duke talk about that because Atkins and Marvin weren't comp picks. Duke is definitely a head scratcher when it comes to trades. He talks about always keeping draft picks because they're so valuable and he hates losing them. On the flip side, when it comes to trading players and getting draft capital back, he doesn't like doing that either. The team turned down multiple trades in 2019 and it was reported that teams called about Tee leading up to last season's trade deadline. Yet, he has no desire to pull the trigger on them.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 10:29 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: So... Ben Sinnott and Braelon Allen in the 3rd it is !

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
I wouldn't complain about that at all.
Reply/Quote
Now that the NFL is giving us fair comp picks we can kiss that Tee Higgins trade we're dreaming about goodbye.

EDIT - I just saw Tee requested a trade...geeeeeeeeeeeez o' pete.
Reply/Quote
We picked Battle at #95 last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 10:14 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Here's Tee and 3rd+6th for your 1.07.

With picks #80 or #97 the Bengals can move up from 18 to the 13-15 range if they want to get a specific prospect. You can probabaly expect late drafting offensive tackle needy teams like the Steelers to try jumping the Bengals. Or they can get from 49 back into the top 37ish in the second round with pick #97.

Reply/Quote