Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete beat-down in all aspects
(11-01-2022, 11:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, did a single Bengal play well?

I can't name any.

Pratt got owned. He missed a sack where he had a free run because Brissett pump faked him. I saw him getting knocked around on blocks.

Thought the defense did initially but the offenses ineptness caught up to them. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
My Bengals to do list.

Trade Bates today for a 2nd or 3rd and play Dax the rest of the year.
Get rid of ZT and hire Sean Payton.
Dump Mixon, Apple, Flowers at the end of the year.
Give Chris Evans 10 snaps a game!
Trade Carman today for whatever you can get!
I could go on, but i will see if anyone else would like to add to the list.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:49 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I can’t help but wonder. How productive could this team be with a really good coaching staff ? Primarily speaking,Head Coach.

Taylor just doesn’t get it.I don’t know if he’s just stubborn,or maybe his ego is getting in the way,or what it is.

It wasn't the coaching staff out there whiffing on blocks, dropping passes, missing field goals, muffing punts, throwing interceptions, falling down when a soft breeze blows....
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Absolutely, I have trouble comprehending how the coaching staff failed to game plan Hurst into a greater role.

Agree as well, Hurst needs to have his role increased more and more.

Mixon less and less lol

We need to make at least 1 trade today to help team and fan morale.

That game sucked to watch last night lol

Everything went wrong for us and right for them just like last season in our first game against the Browns.

Seems like every time we play against them lately we are cursed, just have to hope them paying all that money to 
that loser Watson comes back to bite them cause they clearly have our number right now. That was a huge game 
we didn't show up for besides Boyd, Tee, Hurst on Offense and Logan, Bates, ADG and Vonn on Defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:04 PM)Tomcat Wrote: My Bengals to do list.

Trade Bates today for a 2nd or 3rd and play Dax the rest of the year.
Get rid of ZT and hire Sean Payton.
Dump Mixon, Apple, Flowers at the end of the year.
Give Chris Evans 10 snaps a game!
Trade Carman today for whatever you can get!
I could go on, but i will see if anyone else would like to add to the list.

I like some of your thoughts but right now is a bad time to trade Carman as he CAN play LT and Jonah is playing terrible.

I would still keep Apple as depth, love the Sean Payton thought. We need someone like that. Coaching is the biggest problem.

Offensive coaching is offensive. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Thought the defense did initially but the offenses ineptness caught up to them. 

Yep, we played right into their hands. We got down multiple possessions, enabled them to run, and pin their ears back on defense. It was exactly how the Browns wanted the game to go.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, we played right into their hands. We got down multiple possessions, enabled them to run, and pin their ears back on defense. It was exactly how the Browns wanted the game to go.

They clearly know us better than any team. It was another game where it felt like the Defense knew what we were going
to run before the snap. About impossible to win games no matter how talented you are when this is happening. Still think 
we can go on a run but damn we need to figure out how to beat these bastids.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It wasn't the coaching staff out there whiffing on blocks, dropping passes, missing field goals, muffing punts, throwing interceptions, falling down when a soft breeze blows....

It wasn't the coaching staff scheming up drive starters to Higgins, Boyd, and Hurst.

Why do half of our plays/drives look like they have no chance from the get go? Predictable/uninspiring play calling?

Anytime you get blown out, it's on the coaching most of the time. Occasionally there are issues with injuries and the opponent just being that much better. On paper this should have been an even matchup.

The players could have played better but I've watched a lot of snaps this year where I thought the play had no chance from the snap.

The number one enemy of this offense is it's predictability. If you know what your opponent is doing, it's much easier to stop them. The players are limited in their ability to make what they are doing unpredictable. The coaches have a lot of opportunity here. Seize it!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Absolutely, I have trouble comprehending how the coaching staff failed to game plan Hurst into a greater role.

Taylor has never been good at really incorporating a TE much into the offense.
Goes back even before the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They clearly know us better than any team. It was another game where it felt like the Defense knew what we were going
to run before the snap. About impossible to win games no matter how talented you are when this is happening. Still think 
we can go on a run but damn we need to figure out how to beat these bastids.

Their lines are better than ours. It's really that simple in my eyes. When DJ went down, I had this game circled as a nightmare scenario....and that was before Chase got hurt.

When McPherson missed the FG, I had a bad feeling in my gut, lol. I hated to be right, that's for sure.

Because of the constant losing at the point of attack, we just don't match up well with these guys. Gotta figure something out. If we could run/run block worth a damn, that game may have played out differently.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Everything just looks way too hard on offense for us. We have more talent than the browns on offense at almost every position. Yet watching last night you would think burrow was a confused rookie or a back up scrub and Briscut was an all pro super bowl QB and team.

Players are open in the middle of the field for easy yards in every play. We go out there and throw it sideways to the running back. Nothing in the middle of the field. Nothing. All night.

Jonhah can't block anyone. Huber should NOT HAVE MADE THE TEAM! I can't blame Mixon when we don't give him the ball. 5 carries in the first half? I don't understand our play calling. Even on defense. The browns put their entire offensive line on the field several times in the red zone blatantly telling us they are going to run over us. Our answer? Same base ass package. Match big guys!!!!

Why is Hubbard dropping in coverage to cover Cooper ?! Hello? Why is Flowers on Cooper? Ctb can't cover? He should be faster and quicker to keep up than flowers tall slow ass. And then flowers got hurt and we put Hill on him with no help? 2 safeties on the number one wideout? Would NOT have been my play call. Cooper should be doubled one you lose 22. Just bad calls
Reply/Quote
We looked like a team with no answers that didn't know what was happening or how to respond. That's coaching fellas.
Reply/Quote
Team full of filet mignon being cooked by Chef Boyardee.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:04 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Everything just looks way too hard on offense for us. We have more talent than the browns on offense at almost every position. 

not on the o-line, and not at RB
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:04 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Everything just looks way too hard on offense for us. We have more talent than the browns on offense at almost every position. Yet watching last night you would think burrow was a confused rookie or a back up scrub and Briscut was an all pro super bowl QB and team.

Players are open in the middle of the field for easy yards in every play. We go out there and throw it sideways to the running back. Nothing in the middle of the field. Nothing. All night.

Jonhah can't block anyone. Huber should NOT HAVE MADE THE TEAM! I can't blame Mixon when we don't give him the ball. 5 carries in the first half? I don't understand our play calling. Even on defense. The browns put their entire offensive line on the field several times in the red zone blatantly telling us they are going to run over us. Our answer? Same base ass package. Match big guys!!!!

Why is Hubbard dropping in coverage to cover Cooper ?! Hello? Why is Flowers on Cooper? Ctb can't cover? He should be faster and quicker to keep up than flowers tall slow ass. And then flowers got hurt and we put Hill on him with no help? 2 safeties on the number one wideout? Would NOT have been my play call. Cooper should be doubled one you lose 22. Just bad calls

LOL. You see one play over the middle where the field is open and you think it's open the entire game. Do you even have a clue what the D is actually doing pre-snap? TV doesn't show it but they're in different alignments/mixed coverages, showing different looks,etc.

Plays take time to develop and Burrow had almost no time play after play.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like some of your thoughts but right now is a bad time to trade Carman as he CAN play LT and Jonah is playing terrible.

I would still keep Apple as depth, love the Sean Payton thought. We need someone like that. Coaching is the biggest problem.

Offensive coaching is offensive. Mellow

Carmen is a trash can. Sorry. He can't even make the active roster. He cannot play LT if he can't play LG. That's insane
Reply/Quote
Remember when we were excited about D'Ante Smith?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:10 PM)higgy100 Wrote: LOL. You see one play over the middle where the field is open and you think it's open the entire game. Do you even have a clue what the D is actually doing pre-snap? TV doesn't show it but they're in different alignments/mixed coverages, showing different looks,etc.

Plays take time to develop and Burrow had almost no time play after play.

Yeah I couldn't see. I'd like to. Could you see it? Unless you were there then shut it. Same view bro.  It was open all day for the browns and each team I watch every Sunday and Monday and Thursday. Point is our offense looks very very hard. Like nothing is open anywhere even when Joe has time. We have players that should get open.

If ever gap is covered then there should be huge holes to run through. You can't cover every part of the field and stop the run. It's just bad coaching. The team was not ready to play last night. At all. We got steam rolled in every phase. Offense is the one spot where we should have been able to answer but we couldn't come up with anything. Just keep doing the same thing all night. Finally we chuck it to tee and low and behold he wins a jump ball. Wow. Shocker. 

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:59 AM)R3stangs Wrote: My thoughts after last night

Williams sucks
Huber sucks and is done
Mixon sucks and is done.
Macpherson now sucks, every FG is an adventure.
Mike Thomas sucks and shouldn't even be on the roster.
Defense can't get consistent QB pressure and when they don't its ugly.
Burrow is a slightly above average QB who can't take over a game, at least not behind this line.

Boyd is still a massive stud
Hayden Hurst should be used even more especially with Chase out

Season is on life support and the plug is about to be pulled.

I yelled at the tv all night, where is Hurst?  What he have 2 short catches?  With Chase out, we have to use the TE more and Hurst is more than capable to put up 75-100 yards if used correctly.  

Williams does ok against good DE's but against elite ones, he folds.  I know he's playing with a bum MCL, but he was a revolving door last night.
I guarantee Burrow knows what cologne he was wearing or what flavor gum he was chewing.  His ass lived in the backfield.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:13 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Carmen is a trash can. Sorry. He can't even make the active roster. He cannot play LT if he can't play LG. That's insane

It's not THAT much of a far fetched idea.   Carman played Tackle his entire football life until the Bengals drafted him and decided to play him at a different position.   He might not be good, but being in his comfort zone may make him a little more serviceable.   Right now Williams looks like the trash can. 
Reply/Quote