Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Linebackers
(07-16-2018, 06:01 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Ahh, you beat me to it.  Tez is the only backer we've had for a while that will step into a gap and hit someone with the ball. The others are slow to react and drag ball carriers down. Hoping that Brown will meet people in the hole. 

That is what Preston Brown does which is why it is such a nice pickup. We haven't had another great tackling LB here
besides Burfict in awhile. Haslett really needs to get his guys to be in the right position, tackle and cover better.

I have hope for Evans, Jefferson and even Vigil after hearing that he was banged up last year. Jefferson was a solid
tackler in High School and at Texas. Malik as i said has great upside. Worley already has the smarts so honestly we
could actually see him make strides quicker then Malik who needs to get the mental part of the game down.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 04:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Where did you hear this? The last thing I read was he looked in mid-season form already.....

James Rapien podcast
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 11:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Vinny Rey is a smart veteran, but lacks elite athleticism.  Jordan Evans has elite athleticism but doesn't have the head for the game yet.

Nothing else really impresses me right now.

Are you sure that it's Vinnie Rey's athleticism, or could it be his lack of ass that holds him back?  I like Vincent Rey, he's smart, instinctive, and gives all that he's got.  The main problem that I have seen with him is that he just seems like a taller version of Dhani Jones, not enough ham in the can to plug up the hole..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Say what you want about Vinnie, but he's one of the best backup LBers in the  league, so he won't be THE stud among the LBs.. Get over it . He's not the guy we're even supposed to expect to be our ace..That's Burfict.. Everyone else is going to be just slightly behind VB.. idk.. They're all probably really good..  Hint: I'm never going to ask one of them to hit me as hard as they can . I'll be dead if it ever happens.  
By the way.. if you're a Bengals LBer and ever hit me for any reason my kids will be millionaires.. Bank on it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 08:18 PM)3wt Wrote: James Rapien podcast

I'm not worried about Tez being ready to go one bit..... getting suspended again, yes, but being ready to play.... no....

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-eifert-not-back-tuesday-dalton-finds-ross-malone-deep-20723697

Quote:
Quote:WILL linebacker Vontaze Burfict looks to be in mid-season form. He gobbled up a screen and running back Giovani Bernard in one swoop …
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 08:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not worried about Tez being ready to go one bit..... getting suspended again, yes, but being ready to play.... no....

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-eifert-not-back-tuesday-dalton-finds-ross-malone-deep-20723697

I'm sure he'll be ready to go against the Dolphins.  And I agree, getting suspended is always an issue for him.  Right or wrong.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 08:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not worried about Tez being ready to go one bit..... getting suspended again, yes, but being ready to play.... no....

I will be SO happy if you are right.  I think Rapien featured Richard Skinner - who was just fired Smirk .   So I will convert to your perspective until further notice!
Reply/Quote