Poll: What is your level of concern over the POTUS's mental state?
Not concerned at all. He's sharp as a tack!
Not too concerned. We all have bad days, right?
A little concerned. Still in "Wait-and-See" mode.
Highly concerned. Really worried about what reality he is in.
Good Lord, man! And this dude has the nuclear "football"?!?!?!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concern over the Mental State of the POTUS
Considering some of the POTUS's comments and actions, what is your level of concern over his mental condition?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
stable geniuses are often misunderstood.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Kind of a vague poll, but I'm generally not concerned. I do think he suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder

But I'm not concerned about his ability to make important rational decisions. I think the recent halting of the Iran Missile Strike and notifying Stria in advance of our strikes are examples of this.

Teddy said "Talk softly and carry a big stick"
Trump is more "Talk loudly and carry a twig"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-05-2019, 09:25 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: stable geniuses are often misunderstood.

Exactly and to support this assertion: You need look no further than this forum and see how often I am misunderstood
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-05-2019, 09:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly and to support this assertion: You need look no further than this forum and see how often I am misunderstood

Sounds like a witchhunt to me. 

You have the best words, the best spacing, tremedeous posts everywhere.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Used to be that if DJT could just read a script and not go off on a tangent he was considered "presidential".

In just two short years he can't even read anymore.  And what he does read is wrong.  Not spun, mistaken...but wrong.

He's losing it.

But his supporters will not care.  Probably because they don't understand when he's wrong anymore than they understand when he lies and then lies about his lies.

Trump hyped this speech for weeks (years?) and still wasn't prepared enough to READ IT FROM A TELEPROMPTER.

Now he's spent the morning retweeting praise of himself.

He's a sad little "man".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I don't have concerns about his mental competency.

I do have concerns over his mental fitness for his job. His pattern of narcissistic behavior and a distinct lack of accountability in his life isn't the greatest combination for a leader.
I'm more concerned about how the media blows everything out of proportion and keeps sowing the seeds of division. Also I'm worried about when he wins 2020, that some snowflake will try to assassinate him.
(07-05-2019, 11:33 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'm more concerned about how the media blows everything out of proportion and keeps sowing the seeds of division. Also I'm worried about when he wins 2020, that some snowflake will try to assassinate him.

Examples of "blowing EVERYTHING out of proportion"?

Do you mean like an adult who can't read and gave a prepared speech that combined the Revolutionary War with the War of 1812 and said the US took over the airports during them?  Hilarious

Or the 10,000+ lies?

btw, "snowflake" officially died this week when Lou Dobbs accused the military leaders of being snowflakes for not supporting the military enough.   Cool
(07-05-2019, 11:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: Examples of "blowing EVERYTHING out of proportion"?

Do you mean like an adult who can't read and gave a prepared speech that combined the Revolutionary War with the War of 1812 and said the US took over the airports during them?  Hilarious

Or the 10,000+ lies?

btw, "snowflake" officially died this week when Lou Dobbs accused the military leaders of being snowflakes for not supporting the military enough.   Cool

So he's not allowed to make any mistakes in his speech?
This is exactly what i'm talking about.
Let's ask Obama how many states in the US?
I chuckled and moved on. These guys have a lot more on their mind and are under a lot of pressure. Simple mistakes aren't worth antagonizing over. But you go right ahead with your bad self and blow it out of proportion.
(07-05-2019, 12:59 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So he's not allowed to make any mistakes in his speech?
I chuckled and moved on. These guys have a lot more on their mind and are under a lot of pressure. Simple mistakes aren't worth antagonizing over. But you go right ahead with your bad self and blow it out of proportion.

Actually, I think the standards are a bit higher when you repeatedly and publicly declare yourself a genius. Expectations are a bit higher for geniuses, ya know. ;-)
(07-05-2019, 12:59 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So he's not allowed to make any mistakes in his speech?

You can't make that comparison in good faith. Obama misspoke, as does everyone at times, forgivable as it would be for Trump if he occasionally slipped a bit. Trump, however, repeatedly has whole passages of speech that are illogical, incoherent, wrong and/or often make no sense at all. There are statements, speeches or interview passages out there that are truely unbelievable and mind-boggingly moronic, and it's not just him "misspeaking". Never ever could there exist similar things from Obama.

I'd be happy to find such passages if you contradict me on that one :)

Mistakes are one thing, but some of his comments indicate he's either an idiot or probably suffering from some condition that impairs his thinking.

In a written speech, hyped for weeks, that he is reading...no.  Not factual mistakes.

No one speaks perfectly.  Even when reading something they have prepared for.

Trump looked as if he had never seen the speech before, had not prepared and the speech had multiple wrong facts.

"chuckle"
FTR Trump says it was the teleprompters fault:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/05/donald-trump-faults-teleprompter-airports-revolution-flub/1657077001/

Quote:WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said Friday that a teleprompter mishap led to his much-mocked July Fourth flub in which he talked about defending airports during the American Revolution.

"The teleprompter went out," Trump told reporters as he left the White House for a weekend at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey.
"It just went out – it went kaput."

During his Independence Day speech paying tribute to the military, Trump sowed confusion when he began talking about air defenses during the 
American Revolution, which took place more than a century before the invention of the airplane.

"Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports," Trump said of the fighting force created by the Continental Congress in 1775.

There was no air travel in 18th Century America.

Trump, who has derided Democratic opponents like Hillary Clinton for using teleprompters, did make use of one for his big July Fourth speech. But he said the rain foiled its usefulness.

"I guess the rain knocked out the teleprompter," he said. "I knew the speech very well, so I was able to do it without a teleprompter. And it was hard to look at it anyway."

Trump did not explain why, given the failure of the teleprompter, he began talking about airports in colonial America.

To sum up the stable genius (on his way to golf on one of his own properties...again) said the teleprompter went out but he knew the speech so well he didn't need it.  And he STILL talked about airports during the Revolutionary War.

Lame.
If nothing else Trump retweeted Randy Quaid today.   Mellow

[Image: randy-quaid.jpg]
(07-05-2019, 03:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: FTR Trump says it was the teleprompters fault:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/05/donald-trump-faults-teleprompter-airports-revolution-flub/1657077001/

To sum up the stable genius (on his way to golf on one of his own properties...again) said the teleprompter went out but he knew the speech so well he didn't need it.  And he STILL talked about airports during the Revolutionary War.

Lame.

Is that what happens when you have so much to say that you can no longer scrutinize the words emitting from your mouth?

On another note, it's a good thing they won the battle at Ft. McHenry during the Revolution, eh. Did you know they actually had to fight there again during the War of 1812?!?!?!
Interesting. No one has checked the middle choice so far. Sort of a microcosm of society, eh.
(07-05-2019, 09:06 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Interesting. No one has checked the middle choice so far. Sort of a microcosm of society, eh.

The prevalence of the centrist viewpoint is often overstated.
(07-05-2019, 11:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The prevalence of the centrist viewpoint is often overstated.

Maybe.

Or perhaps they truly are the 'silent majority'.