Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh trading for WR Allen Robinson
"The Steelers are expected to trade for Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Allen Robinson [29 years old], sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday.

In the trade, which is contingent on Robinson passing a physical, the Steelers would receive Robinson and a seventh-round pick (No. 251) in exchange for a seventh-round pick (No. 234), sources told Schefter.

The Rams will pay $10.25 million of Robinson's $15.25 million guaranteed salary for the 2023 season, and the Steelers will pay the remaining $5 million, according to the sources."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36225750/sources-steelers-set-trade-rams-wr-allen-robinson
Reply/Quote
2020 was a long time ago.

At least they basically aren't giving up anything for him and are only paying a part of his salary. Pretty good dart throw for the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 04:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: 2020 was a long time ago.

At least they basically aren't giving up anything for him and are only paying a part of his salary. Pretty good dart throw for the Steelers.

How disappointed in a player must a team be, in order to be willing to pay $10M just so he'll go away..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Allen Robinson was on my fantasy team last year until I cut him. And my fantasy team sucked balls.
Reply/Quote
I guess Robinson fills the void left from the Claypool trade.
If you need to have Johnson, Pickens, Robinson, Freiermuth, AND Harris for your offense to be even middle of the pack, maybe the problem isn't the offensive weapons Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Really liked this guy at one point but he fell off a sheer cliff in terms of play.

Shouldn't hurt us any playing against him twice this year. Oft injured WR that is a shadow of what he once was.

Weird to pay a team to take your WR, the Rams know more than anybody on what AR looks like now.
Reply/Quote
I cannot even pretend like I’m afraid of this move

Good move for them tho
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 05:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really liked this guy at one point but he fell off a sheer cliff in terms of play.

Shouldn't hurt us any playing against him twice this year. Oft injured WR that is a shadow of what he once was.

Weird to pay a team to take your WR, the Rams know more than anybody on what AR looks like now.

He and Bortles had a good connection going for a short time in Jacksonville.  In 2015, when Bortles was teamed with Hurns, Lee, Robinson and Mercedes Lewis, despite their 5-11 record, they put up outstanding numbers that season.  If that team would have had a defense, they would have won a ton more games.  We all know what has happened to all involved since, but that was a very good passing offense that season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote