Poll: How confident are you that the Bengals push thru with more weak starter upgrades leaving you satisfied once draft is over ?
100 % confident they follow thru with more weak area upgrades that will satisfy me once draft is over
76 to 99% confident – Nearly convinced Bengals will change approach this time around to my liking
51-75% - More likely than not they push thru with upgrades that have me satisfied Post draft
50/50 – Just not sold on them changing enough but just maybe they will – somewhat puzzled
26-49% - More likely than not they pull up short leaving me unsatisfied after the draft
1-25% - Slim chance but some chance they see weak area upgrades thru to my liking
0% confident – Bengals likely already out of comfort zone & won’t make final upgrades I want
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence Bengals push thru with more weak area upgrades leaving you satisfied -Poll
How confident are we that the Bengals will push thru with more weak starter upgrades that will have you satisfied once the Draft is over ?

Will they follow thru, fix the weakest links and have you satisfied once the Draft is over ?

Take the Poll...
Reply/Quote
Considering I'm normally satisfied with the draft I would say yes. Their FA is where it normally leaves me wanting a little more. I would say I'm around ~70% confident that I will be happy with our FA and draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 03:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Considering I'm normally satisfied with the draft I would say yes. Their FA is where it normally leaves me wanting a little more.

The Poll is ready now.  Rock On
Reply/Quote
I have moved from no confidence to 50-50.

Let's see if we get one of the top three centers in the draft and another good vet in free agency

We have had an obvious problem at center ever since Braham left. They need to make a serious attempt to fix this before I will drink the kool aide again.
Reply/Quote
Nearly convinced, they haven't taken a Center in the 1st round since good ole Paul was around.

If they do this i will be convinced. They usually draft well everywhere else barring bad luck with injuries.
Reply/Quote
I still think they could do more with a little creativity so I am at 50% right now. However, I am pleased more this year than in quite awhile with their involvement durinf FA.

Reply/Quote
I'm pretty much viewing this draft as, we should come away with 2 impact players in the first 2 rds. We could be pleasantly surprised by a player falling or by just getting a solid player in later rds. There are probably 3 to 4 areas we need addressing so if we get 2 of the 4 I will be satisfied.
Reply/Quote
51-75% for me. This offseason has been different from previous to indicate they know better where their weaknesses are.
However, I'm still skeptical they will look to address the remaining needs early in the draft or later based on their previous trends (C and LB specifically).
If they wait to address both of those positions on Day 3, that's not satisfactory for me.
I can be more accepting of LB on Day 3 vs C just because of Preston Brown signing though.

This board will burn down if the first 3 rounds ends up with TE, CB, OT, and DL (not specifically in this order).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 03:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 51-75% for me. This offseason has been different from previous to indicate they know better where their weaknesses are.
However, I'm still skeptical they will look to address the remaining needs early in the draft or later based on their previous trends (C and LB specifically).
If they wait to address both of those positions on Day 3, that's not satisfactory for me.
I can be more accepting of LB on Day 3 vs C just because of Preston Brown signing though.

This board will burn down if the first 3 rounds ends up with TE, CB, OT, and DL (not specifically in this order).

There are a number of Centers outside the Top 3 that have been jockeying for Draft position lately.

Pollack could be told to pick from that middle tier of Centers group say starting in round 4.

People may end up being "happy" since Pollack likely picked the guy and start rationalizing the pick.

Will Clapp or Mason Cole come to mind as middle tier guys we could end up with.

Front Office may disappoint and pass on the Top Centers.
Reply/Quote
I've been pleasantly surprised with what they've done so far. If they get a couple O-linemen and a LBer at the top of the draft I'll be really happy. I'm just hesitant to fully believe - yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 04:43 PM)depthchart Wrote: There are a number of Centers outside the Top 3 that have been jockeying for Draft position lately.

Pollack could be told to pick from that middle tier of Centers group say starting in round 4.

People may end up being "happy" since Pollack likely picked the guy and start rationalizing the pick.

Will Clapp or Mason Cole come to mind as middle tier guys we could end up with.

Front Office may disappoint and pass on the Top Centers.
I head says this could be the case, but inners say, say it ain't so!
Reply/Quote
They've done some decent things but this is far from a complete team. Draft will help if they choose the right people; I'm still not confident in this team like i've been in the past.
Reply/Quote
Maybe they need to take a couple of centers and linebackers since they suck so bad at picking them? Tongue
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If this team doesn't pick a Center in round 1 or 2 they are complete morons and I have little faith in what lies ahead.

QB, RB, TE, CB should not be on the radar for top rounds.

I don't even care if they're BPA.

They need to fill holes now.

Those others can be addressed next off season with extensions/FA/and draft.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
A few months ago I had no confidence after seeing how they treat off seasons over the years.

But they seem to have done an about-face and am quite certain they are going to follow through with it.

Believe Like Ocho that two OL with one being a Center need taken early with LB soon to follow.

Or can live with LB first if right one slips but would have to follow up with Center in second and more OL to follow.

Think they will and have become a believer in recent weeks.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Voted 76 to 100 % but would actually put myself at 70 to 75% range.

Am not a Missourian but like one they have got to "show me" still.

So far they have, but the job is not complete just yet so a little doubt will be there until it is finished.

Because it was not even a year ago that I left PBS draft party immediately after Ross selection pissed that an OL player was not selected.

Plus the previous year was mad that we did not draft a pass rusher and elected to take two OL that we did not even need at time. Unless one would have been a Center of course.

Still think they are not playing around anymore and trying to get it right by addressing immediate needs now and am optimistic.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It's very encouraging to see them open up to acquiring outside talent when the opportunity is there. It's also really good to watch them let go of/bench players that were a drag on the team like Bodine and Ogbuehi.

Getting guys like Glenn and Brown address big needs before the draft, although Burfict's suspension is two steps back from the one forward in the Brown signing.

At the end of the day, my biggest worry is that the team's talent core is aging and entering the back end career-wise. Green, Atkins, and Dunlap are all just about at the point where other players begin to regress. They have a few nice young players, but they've also missed a lot on early-round picks in recent drafts. The Fisher/Ogbuehi and Ross selections are hurting this team beyond just being unproductive players. They're ineffectiveness is failing to provide a core of drafted talent to build on. This issue will, I'm afraid, become more apparent in the coming years. They simply have to do a better job evaluating talent is they want to return to respectability any time soon.
Reply/Quote
I've been pretty satisfied with Bengals drafts for a while now. The only draft that left me big question marks was the Ross pick last year, due to his small size and injury. But I really liked the LB/DE guys we got last year. Carl Lawson, Jordan Willis
Reply/Quote
Used to I loved our drafts and hated free agency. The last couple years, outside of the amazingly dumb decision to let whit walk, I’ve liked our free agency and hated our drafts.

Jerry
Reply/Quote
100%.

With 11 picks and the players we currently have on the team im having a hard time making up a scenario where all 11 picks make the 53 man roster.

We have extra ammo and should be able to address any and all areas of concern. Even if we go a surprise route and grab a DT DB or TE in the first we still have the picks to bolster depth elsewhere.

I dont think going to TJ or Hopkins or Redmond or Westerman at C would be a downgrade from Bodine. And i expect improvement from Evans vigil lawson and Willis.

We have weaknesses but not kiss of death we are doomed weaknesses
Reply/Quote