Poll: How confident are you that the Bengals push thru with more weak starter upgrades leaving you satisfied once draft is over ?
100 % confident they follow thru with more weak area upgrades that will satisfy me once draft is over
76 to 99% confident – Nearly convinced Bengals will change approach this time around to my liking
51-75% - More likely than not they push thru with upgrades that have me satisfied Post draft
50/50 – Just not sold on them changing enough but just maybe they will – somewhat puzzled
26-49% - More likely than not they pull up short leaving me unsatisfied after the draft
1-25% - Slim chance but some chance they see weak area upgrades thru to my liking
0% confident – Bengals likely already out of comfort zone & won’t make final upgrades I want
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence Bengals push thru with more weak area upgrades leaving you satisfied -Poll
If their top pick doesnt have an injury that ir'd him in college, let alone their rookie season, then that will be a start for me.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2018, 07:12 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Maybe they need to take a couple of centers and linebackers since they suck so bad at picking them?  Tongue

I said in another post that drafting two centers may be a smart thing to do. Mason Cole is listed as a Center and Offensive Tackle. Why not grab him in the 4th and have him compete with Price/Ragnow/Daniels at Center and Fisher/Og at Tackle? 
Reply/Quote
Considering the team's recent draft flops I don't see them really turning the corner.

I know the trade for Glenn was a positive and signing LB Brown was uncharacteristic considering he wasn't a flop on another team who got cut, like Hart.

The fact that Mikey Brown is still with the team lowers my expectations by 50%.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2018, 03:02 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 100%.

With 11 picks and the players we currently have on the team im having a hard time making up a scenario where all 11 picks make the 53 man roster.

We have extra ammo and should be able to address any and all areas of concern. Even if we go a surprise route and grab a DT DB or TE in the first we still have the picks to bolster depth elsewhere.

I dont think going to TJ or Hopkins or Redmond or Westerman at C would be a downgrade from Bodine. And i expect improvement from Evans vigil lawson and Willis.

We have weaknesses but not kiss of death we are doomed weaknesses

I sort of agree, but they sure seem to be hot and bothered about the safety position being a weakness.
Reply/Quote
I don't care what draft position the best players are selected although preferably they come early, but even if they are taken in the 7th if they can play good I'll be happy.
Once they're on the team it really doesn't matter if they are drafted in the first round or the 7th. What really matters is what they do once they're here. I'd take a late bloomer in the 7th any day over a first round dud.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm in the 50/50 range. Like what they've done so far, but putting a lot of emphasis on the draft. If we get some of the key needs filled with quality players, then I will be much more optimistic.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2018, 10:02 AM)samhain Wrote: They're ineffectiveness is failing to provide a core of drafted talent to build on.  This issue will, I'm afraid, become more apparent in the coming years.  They simply have to do a better job evaluating talent is they want to return to respectability any time soon.

In 2017 we had 5 draft picks who played over 25% of the team snaps (not counting special teams) Lawson 42%, Mixon 40%, Glasglow 36%, Willis 31%, Evans 27%.  That is very rare for us.

I think that in a few years the '17 draft will be looked at as one of our better ones.  Especially if Ross develops into a starter.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 10:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2017 we had 5 draft picks who played over 25% of the team snaps (not counting special teams) Lawson 42%, Mixon 40%, Glasglow 36%, Willis 31%, Evans 27%.  That is very rare for us.

I think that in a few years the '17 draft will be looked at as one of our better ones.  Especially if Ross develops into a starter.

I agree, the fact Ross did squat in 2017, I think a healthy Ross with a full year of camps will see at least 35 to 40% of our offensive snaps in 2018.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
In the immortal words of Marv, "We have to do better.." No truer words were ever spoken then immediately ignored.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2018, 03:02 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 100%.

With 11 picks and the players we currently have on the team im having a hard time making up a scenario where all 11 picks make the 53 man roster.

We have extra ammo and should be able to address any and all areas of concern. Even if we go a surprise route and grab a DT DB or TE in the first we still have the picks to bolster depth elsewhere.

I dont think going to TJ or Hopkins or Redmond or Westerman at C would be a downgrade from Bodine. And i expect improvement from Evans vigil lawson and Willis.

We have weaknesses but not kiss of death we are doomed weaknesses

Lot of truth to this. I don't see how we get worse from here on out. We would really have to screw this Draft up, like every pick
be terrible. But if we get one good Center we are way better than last year right there man. We have a decent O-line coach now.
Reply/Quote
We need to draft a guard, another tackle and center. Id like a center in FA.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Hernandez, Brown and a free agent center would have been ideal.

They need to pick a center in first or second round.

If we could drop back in the first round and pick up another 2 or 3 that would be ideal.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 03:50 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: We need to draft a guard, another tackle and center. Id like a center in FA.

Center is not happening in FA and was never going to happen. It was a bad FA for Centers and there wasn't any that were
worth what we would lose in paying one, wouldn't be much better than Bodine. Now, Price, Ragnow, Daniels, Cole all have
more upside than anyone we would of looked at in FA.

Draft one.

(03-27-2018, 12:44 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Hernandez, Brown and a free agent center would have been ideal.

They need to pick a center in first or second round.

If we could drop back in the first round and pick up another 2 or 3 that would be ideal.

I like Glenn, Price and Tyrell Crosby/Alex Cappa better.

Don't think Guard is as big of a need as some are saying, one of Westerman or Redmond should be just fine at RG.

Boling is a good LG.
Reply/Quote
I voted 100% confidence. I think they will address the most glaring weaknesses with starting-caliber talent and will upgrade the center, RT, and LB position with depth added at safety. My fear is they won’t have a plan B for things like an injury to the center they drafted in the preseason. Westerman should be training as the backup center. Maybe if they are able to draft Shaq Griffin, he won’t be gievllven the chance to start over a guy like Vinny Rey while Burfict is out. Or that a guy like Cody Core is ready to challenge for playing time at X, forcing Lafell to rotate with Boyd in the slot.

I do think they will get the players, but without the coaching staff we had a few years back, I don’t know if they can get them ready. I am more optimistic in Lazor than I am the defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 03:48 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm pretty much viewing this draft as, we should come away with 2 impact players in the first 2 rds. We could be pleasantly surprised by a player falling or by just getting a solid player in later rds. There are probably 3 to 4 areas we need addressing so if we get 2 of the 4 I will be satisfied.

Basically you want to get at least 3  QUALITY guys with the early picks and then get ' value" and (ideally) a sleeper or two.

i always think about Bill Walsh drafts.  a LOT of very important guys were rd 3 and later.   Joe Montana? Charles Haley? john Taylor? Brent Jones?  Jeff Fuller?  Guy McIntyre? Dwight Clark? Dwain Board?   That's REAL good.

Jesse Sapoulo was a great C, I think rd 10.  Ray Wershing kicked hundreds of FG (undrafted). I'm not sure if Jeff Stover was drafted.  Walsh did okay with #1 picks. Jerry Rice and Ronnie Lott....HOF, Bryant Young?   many Pro bowls.

Walsh ALWAYS had " VISION" he'd see a guy.. and he'd see his FUTURE. Walsh's staff/ Most of those ended up very good head coaches.  
Reply/Quote
As long as this dumbass has air in his lungs, we ain't doing squat...

Signed,
1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999
2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008
2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017

[Image: usatsi_10107630.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]
Reply/Quote
tmc ; toomany choices
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I expect that depending on what's available when we pick we will take a DT or a CB.

In the 2nd - depending on what we took in the first we will take a DT, CB, OT or TE

We will not take a center until the 3rd round

Just hoping we get lucky with those selections.    Except for TE we need all those positions and they will benefit the team.  But I would love for once to take a bona fide top rated center in one of the first two rounds.
Reply/Quote
I would be ok if the Bengals drafted nothing but the baddest Offensive Lineman, Linebackers and Safeties available.
Reply/Quote
I feel like more than likely I'll be happy as a few years back in our prime in the end. I already am impressed with some of the moves they've made. It's been a pretty big overhaul honestly. I still think I'm most excited about Pollack. I think even the OLmen we still have who were not that great last year could greatly improve under a new fresh coach with a proven track record of success. Especially in the run game which will hopefully become our bread and butter.
Reply/Quote