Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence compaired to this time last year?
(06-16-2018, 11:51 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Man, you must be a blast at parties.

would imagine I have been a bengals fan longer than most..they start winning some playoff games and maybe even go to a Superbowl, I ll be first in line at the parade

specific to this year..if the offensve line is fixed..team should do well

but..other teams too have made improvements
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 08:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I have much more confidence in a winning season this year because they aren't rolling into the season with what was obviously going to be the worst OL in the NFL.

That said, I still have zero confidence in anything happening after the regular season because Mike and Marvin are still both here and in charge, and you know what they say..... fool me 15 or 28 years, shame on me. Fool me 16 or 29 years, shame on you.

This.

This team will be better than last year, but I have 0 faith in them doing anything better than what they've shown me they're capable of the past 15 years. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 08:02 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: What's your confidence in the team compared to this this time last year? Personally I have a lot more confidence this year. Last year I was worried about Zampese, Alexander, and the OL the most. All of which IMO were greatly upgraded. Lazor is a huge improvement from Zampese, and when Lazor was able to control all aspects of the offense the running game and offense significantly improved. Hell, even the OL improved after that. Alexander is gone and I think we have another huge improvement in Pollack. I think he's the kind of coach that we need right now, and I think that he will be able to make our guys work a lot better than Alexander did. We picked up two key pieces in the OL in Glenn and Price.

I think we're going to have a very solid team this year and other teams are going to have trouble stopping the run and putting points on our defense. I will be surprised if we don't go to the playoffs this year honestly, and I hope to God that we make it over that hump this year.

I am confident the team will be better overall than last year.

I am confident that Marvin will be Marvin, meaning the team will continue to be unprepared for big games and we'll be out coached on most game days. If by some miracle we take a game against Pittsburgh we'll then likely turn around a lose a laugher to Cleveland.

I am confident that Andy Dalton will play up to the talent around him and not much better than that.

In other words, we might make the playoffs, but if we do we'll turn into pumpkins and have no answers for whatever the other team does. And to top it all off Mike Brown will be just happy as a clam about the whole thing.

Hopefully the team will make me wrong and exceed my expectations! Wouldn't that be nice!

Reply/Quote
I have more confidence than this time last year.

But this time last year I also had more confidence than ever that the U.S. mens soccer team would do better at the World Cup right now.

So yeah, my confidence meter is not the best out there.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 05:09 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I have more confidence than this time last year.

But this time last year I also had more confidence than ever that the U.S. mens soccer team would do better at the World Cup right now.

So yeah, my confidence meter is not the best out there.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, Putos!   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
im.confident because this oline will be the aggressor and not playing paddy cake under Frank Pollack. Paul.Alexander had these lineman playing passive and it showed in YPC average
im confident cause John Ross is healthy and Joe Mixon will be able to be the bell cow.
im excited to see what can Darius Phillips can do.

the air in the lockeroom and classroom has new voices.
thats extremely critical.to this years success or failure
Reply/Quote
I have no clue, really. I think Cordy Glenn's health is a huge factor this year. If they can get a full season out of him, then that's a big deal.

Honestly, I think this team is probably better than people think. Maybe not great, but still better than people are giving them credit for.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 01:01 AM)samhain Wrote: I have no clue, really.  I think Cordy Glenn's health is a huge factor this year.  If they can get a full season out of him, then that's a big deal.  

Honestly, I think this team is probably better than people think.  Maybe not great, but still better than people are giving them credit for.

agreed
Reply/Quote