Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price will be cleared next week, already benching 305
(06-19-2018, 10:23 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: Doctor's cleared and ready to play. The era of Price begins

What a great thing to hear. Loving this stuff. :andy:

(06-19-2018, 11:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just a reminder that Geno Atkins maxes his bench out at 550-565.

(Dude's a monster.)

Shocked
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2018, 11:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just a reminder that Geno Atkins maxes his bench out at 550-565.

(Dude's a monster.)

My favorite Geno move is when he sacks the QB with the OG who's trying to block him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 08:36 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I get what you're saying.  But he's going to play as good as he can, and if that's All-Pro caliber, then so be it.  You can't ask him to hold back and play less than his ability.  Maybe they will pay him if he's that good.

Agreed.  And we had enough trouble finding a pivot who was worth while that I think they'll pay to keep this one.   It has been a long time between drinks of water, and we've tried everything but the high draft pick without much success.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2018, 09:28 AM)McC Wrote: My favorite Geno move is when he sacks the QB with the OG who's trying to block him.

By far his best !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2018, 09:28 AM)McC Wrote: My favorite Geno move is when he sacks the QB with the OG who's trying to block him.

(06-21-2018, 02:50 PM)Go Cards Wrote: By far his best !

Absolutely!  And, how humiliating for the OG, to be used as a tool, to put his own QB in the dirt?  

I wonder what the fellow OL say to that guy?  "Well man, at least you stayed in front of him??"   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Damn.  It would wear me out just to load and unload the bar for him.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2018, 07:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Absolutely!  And, how humiliating for the OG, to be used as a tool, to put his own QB in the dirt?  

I wonder what the fellow OL say to that guy?  "Well man, at least you stayed in front of him??"   LOL

Yeah, i don't think i have ever seen a DT do that quite like Geno does.

Has to be extremely humiliating as you say.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 05:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Damn.  It would wear me out just to load and unload the bar for him.

Are you saying you have issues with the BAR?

I knew it!

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 05:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Damn.  It would wear me out just to load and unload the bar for him.

What my wife complains about when we lift. LOL. I guess it's a good complaint. More than likely, the trainers load it up for him. 5 plus bench is ridiculous though. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 04:11 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: What my wife complains about when we lift. LOL. I guess it's a good complaint. More than likely, the trainers load it up for him. 5 plus bench is ridiculous though. 

500+ bench seems unfathomable to most average folks.  But, to NFL linemen and competitive powerlifters 242# and up, it's considered basic strength.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 04:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 500+ bench seems unfathomable to most average folks.  But, to NFL linemen and competitive powerlifters 242# and up, it's considered basic strength.

I remember when I started lifting. I was ok with regular bench press. Then I went to inclined, struggled with 100lbs. I was like, WTF?

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 04:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I remember when I started lifting. I was ok with regular bench press. Then I went to inclined, struggled with 100lbs. I was like, WTF?

If you don't train incline, from the very onset of training, it can be a murderous transition.  Start on an adjustable bench, with the least amount of incline, and gradually work toward 45 degree.  Also, using dumbbells for incline work allows the shoulders to find their natural, comfortable groove, rather than the restrictive path of a barbell.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 05:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Also, using dumbbells for incline work allows the shoulders to find their natural, comfortable groove, rather than the restrictive path of a barbell.

This.

Dumbbell inclines should be a mandatory part of any chest routine.
Reply/Quote