Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Confidence in Katie?
(01-31-2018, 12:01 PM)grampahol Wrote: Yeah, I just don't envision her coming out on day one after the old man kicks off and saying 'My dad was a real schmuck and everything's gonna change right now. '
That ain't happening no matter how much certain fans want to believe it will . 

She'll never say it.  But she could do it if she wanted.  I don't think she will but never say never.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 11:01 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Retains pro bowlers?? What pro bowlers did they re sign recently? I can name at least three that they didnt..I mean Pac mans team friendly deal had more to do with his image than anything..

Let's hope Dre k becomes a pro bowler so Katie can keep her rep.. lol

Exactly! I liked the part that says she negotiates contracts to bring in top FA's oh wait....
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 11:01 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Retains pro bowlers?? What pro bowlers did they re sign recently?

Getting the feeling Katie is not going to be the answer. She was tasked at finding pro bowlers for FA next year and came back with these clowns!

[Image: pro-bowler-chris-barnes-comedian-chris-h...d461216860]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As you get older, you will start to realize you begin to act like your parents did at your age and/or like they do right now. It's tough to escape genetics, but since kids learn from adults mistakes, I give a 7.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 02:05 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Exactly! I liked the part that says she negotiates contracts to bring in top FA's oh wait....

They do sign top free agents.........top of the bargain basement bin, we get the pick of the litter.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 03:09 PM)McC Wrote: Over a billion.

According to Forbes---

Forbes, in its annual valuation of 32 NFL teams, estimated the Bengals' worth to be at $1.675 billion in their latest rankings, which is an increase from $1.45 billion in 2015. That's good enough for a 16-percent increase, But while the Bengals' overall value has risen, their ranking in the NFL hierarchy has not.Sep 20, 2016

Can anyone ever recall a franchise going bankrupt? I don't see how you possibly can owning an NFL team. Most other owners are already well established business men and women but not Mikey and Co. That's the part that bothers me the most. This is his company, this is the family's main focus and they can't get it right, while being too damn stubborn to even try to do things differently. They have no reason to hire a GM more scouts etc. cause the business thrives no matter what. Mike's not stupid, he's actually very smart. The problem is he's too damn stubborn to do things any other way than his own. I think it would be naive to think Katie would be any different. I think she has more control with this team when it comes to player/coaching decisions than we want to believe. The insane decision to bring Marvin back should be enough proof to anyone that nothing will ever change as long as this family owns this team.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 10:01 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: As you get older, you will start to realize you begin to act like your parents did at your age and/or like they do right now. It's tough to escape genetics, but since kids learn from adults mistakes, I give a 7.

Not confident.

[Image: 635942671489629592-bengalscontract-4.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 03:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not confident.

Mike, Katie, Troy, will it matter?  No matter the direction, I have a nagging feeling the results will probably be the same.

[Image: 2rrFBbH.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
So I don't know much about all this but how would the transfer of ownership work out? Can she even afford to own the team? Does she have to pay taxes on her acquisition of the team? When someone from the outside wants to buy a team, the other 31 owners have to approve of them, does she get a legacy vote or can the teams legitimately veto her from taking over?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 11:34 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: So I don't know much about all this but how would the transfer of ownership work out? Can she even afford to own the team? Does she have to pay taxes on her acquisition of the team? When someone from the outside wants to buy a team, the other 31 owners have to approve of them, does she get a legacy vote or can the teams legitimately veto her from taking over?

Does anyone know for sure? I don't believe this is public knowledge. She may already own 49% of the team which makes tax ramifications not so bad.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 11:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Does anyone know for sure? I don't believe this is public knowledge. She may already own 49% of the team which makes tax ramifications not so bad.

There has to be some sort of tax regardless. If she legitimately takes over the team as an owner she would have to either purchase the team from Mike (which she likely cannot afford straight up), she would have to inherit it (but I think we are assuming that she takes ownership before he passes away), or she would be gifted the team (which I don't know if they can legitimately do that).

I just saw the thread and got curious about it because depending on different things, Katie might not be running the team. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 03:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not confident.

[Image: 635942671489629592-bengalscontract-4.jpg]

What do her looks have to do with anything?

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:26 AM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: There has to be some sort of tax regardless. If she legitimately takes over the team as an owner she would have to either purchase the team from Mike (which she likely cannot afford straight up), she would have to inherit it (but I think we are assuming that she takes ownership before he passes away), or she would be gifted the team (which I don't know if they can legitimately do that).

I just saw the thread and got curious about it because depending on different things, Katie might not be running the team. 

Any tax is paid by the out going owner, the new owner actually gets huge tax benefits early in most sales. There are ways to structure the deal making her the majority owner (51%) as well. That majority is all she needs to be in charge of all final decisions.

The new tax law may also benefit the Brown family in the event of death.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote