Poll: Confidence level so far?
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence level going into Sunday's game?

Bengals have something to prove.

Hewitt Doubles his snaps on the season so far (16 for season so he plays at least 30) and the bengals actually run the football with authority(well as much authority that the top defense allows) Hill has 80-90 yds and 2 touchdowns and gio has 90-100 all purpose.

Establishing the run allows dalton to have a very efficient day 70% passing for 200-260 and a touch (off play action to AJ) and no turnovers (well maybe a fumble if we are being realistic)

I predicted a 17-16 score in another thread but im moving it to 27-16 bengals. The more I hear around the leage the more vulnerable this Broncos d is to the run. Hewitt will be involved and we see the most balanced offensive output of the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I went five. I have faith in Dalton and the passing game, and also the defense against the pass. I don't have faith in the ability to run the ball or to stop them from doing so. My main hope is that Von Miller does not single handedly win the game. I don't care if you have to do, you must keep him in check.
Reply/Quote
Pretty high. Here's the thing - I don't necessarily, want this team playing its best football early in the year. I think once Eifert and Burfict are back that this will be a different team.

I also (hoping) think that the right side of the O-line will be much better at the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
I'm at a 6. We're at home and on paper we're the better team with the better QB. Plus Ware is out (thank goodness). That said, I can't go higher than 6 based on what I've seen from this o-line so far. It's tough to win when you can't run or protect your QB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
0-2 here. But I'd love to eat some crow the rest of the season.

Reply/Quote
I'm at 6. Because the Bengals usually play well in 1:00 Home Games.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I went with 10. Bengals went into Denver with a backup QB last year and nearly pulled out the win. 

This year, they have a better QB, at home, playing a team with a worse QB. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 09:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If NE can blank a good Houston team with their third-string QB and a hobbled Gronk, anything can happen.

The difference between NE and Cincy is they have a coach who knows who to motivate. Belichick trying to show he's the man without Brady...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 09:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Even if we lose the game, my confidence will remain a 7. Lots of season to go.

Browns fans say this every year!

Reply/Quote
Seeing as how our Oline has played the first 2 weeks...3
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm assuming 0 is least confident and 10 is the most.

With that, I'm at an 8. Their defense can keep our offense in check, but our defense can push their offense backwards. As such, we will win the battle of field position and the game as a whole. Our offense might not reach the end zone, but I think the defense will once and I'm confident that Nugent will have at least 12 points.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 10:35 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I went with 10. Bengals went into Denver with a backup QB last year and nearly pulled out the win. 

This year, they have a better QB, at home, playing a team with a worse QB. 

And between the preseason and the first two weeks, there is enough tape on him to know what he can and can't do effectively.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 10:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 5

I'd be higher for a home game against a basically rookie QB. But we can't run the ball and that's what this game comes down to - period !

If we have somehow fixed our run game and go for 100 or more we'll win. If we're still where we have been, will be a long game and Andy may end up in hospital.

^
This is were I'm at also.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm still at a 10. This team has shown me a lot and I expect a big season still. They showed some grit and won a tough one in New York. They were driving with a chance to tie while getting jobbed in Pittsburgh. Definitely they are the best 1-1 team in the NFL. I know Denver has a tough D, but I expect the team to win. It might be another close one, but I have believe they will come out with the win.
Reply/Quote
This is just too complicated. Just point to the face that most accurately reflects how your mental booboo feels towards the game..
[Image: download.png]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Slapped a 4 down there.

-Denver can run the ball. (6th in yards, 7th in ypc)
-Bengals can't stop the run. (31st in yards, 21st in ypc)

-Denver can rush the passer. (2nd in sacks only to Houston who has played 3 games.)
-Bengals can't protect the passer. (1st in sacks.)

What is always said to be a formula to win games? Run the ball effectively and get to the opposing QB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I voted an 8 with our Defense matching up very well with their Offense. Stop the run and force the young QB into
3rd and longs. We can pass on these guys if Dalton has time and our pass protection got better last week, Og should
only improve as the season goes on as he has already.

We are at home and nearly beat these guys last year in their place with our backup QB going against Osweiler.

Need to get the running game going is the only reason why i didn't vote 9 or higher.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 02:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Slapped a 4 down there.

-Denver can run the ball. (6th in yards, 7th in ypc)
-Bengals can't stop the run. (31st in yards, 21st in ypc)

-Denver can rush the passer. (2nd in sacks only to Houston who has played 3 games.)
-Bengals can't protect the passer. (1st in sacks.)

What is always said to be a formula to win games? Run the ball effectively and get to the opposing QB.

I think gameplan needs to be thought of when talking about us stopping the run. In New York we only kept 
2 Linebackers on the field most of the time and kept Maualuga our best run stopper on the bench in order to
cover the Jets great WR duo. It worked, wasn't pretty but it worked.

We kept DeAngelo under 100 yards rushing, it was his pass catching that actually killed us.

Will definately have to help out Bodine and Og with Hewitt and Uzomah IMHO cause otherwise you are right.

Could be a big concern but i think Og should improve in only his 3rd start and he is athletic. Should handle 
Vonn better than Andre with his athleticism. Smaller speed rushers always gave Andre troubles. 
Reply/Quote

Positives: Bengals are finally home. Rookies get more experience. Bengals acknowledge offensive woes. Demarcus Ware out

Negatives (and this is really what it boils down to): Denver's defense comes through again and again against the best offenses in the NFL. There's no reason to think they can't come through against an offense that has looked one dimensional and dysfunctional. Let's not act like Denver doesn't have great detph at LBs; they're starter caliber.

This feels like the Green Bay game in terms of staying in the race. I really want the Bengals to win in the same manner that they beat Green Bay and Denver in the 2012-13 and 2014-15 seasons, but I just don't see it happening.

Broncos: 20
Bengals: 13
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I voted an 8 with our Defense matching up very well with their Offense. Stop the run and force the young QB into
3rd and longs. We can pass on these guys if Dalton has time and our pass protection got better last week, Og should
only improve as the season goes on as he has already.

We are at home and nearly beat these guys last year in their place with our backup QB going against Osweiler.

Need to get the running game going is the only reason why i didn't vote 9 or higher.

I think Zampese is too set on throwing it from being a QB coach to give it to Hill and let him just pound the ball.

I think is so happy and obsessed with Dalton leading the league in passing yards that he feels like he needs to keep throwing it so he can look back after the season and have everyone saying "he did that in his first year as OC."

Dalton can still get his yards because our offense will have more possessions from scoring more, but we need to establish the run to keep the defense honest (I think that's been a big reason for our problems with pass protection) and control the clock.
Reply/Quote