Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats
I will say every time some team is missing linemen I get all excited, and it rarely works like you hope.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 326856032_1119552712068892_6529246970768...e=63D2316E]

That picture is awesome.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 10:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: British dudes take no prisoners.

I’d like to think it’s not just a British thing for 3 decades we’ve had every team laugh at us.

Just because they sent some wings that means duck all to me and again that’s not a go at the kid that posted the good luck message.

I’m 33 and remember watching streams on really weird sites that killed my pc back in the day.

Some people are lot closer are just too happy clapping for me.

It’s an old mentality for people that don’t realise that what goes around comes around and it’s out time now.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 10:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Look...my sig and my previous posts this week tell you all you need to know about how i feel about the Bills, but that guy doesn't deserve the vitriol that the other jagoffs do from their posts. 

You and that cesar kid are people I’d happily meet for a beer when I’m next over

You seem to get the European mentality bog **** em I’m bengals and nobody else

If bengals get beat next week I won’t watch the super bowl and I find it really sad that some people people on here would be just as excited if we were there or not
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 10:53 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I’d like to think it’s not just a British thing for 3 decades we’ve had every team laugh at us.

Just because they sent some wings that means duck all to me and again that’s not a go at the kid that posted the good luck message.

I’m 33 and remember watching streams on really weird sites that killed my ox back in the day.

Some people are lot closer are just too happy clapping for me.

It’s an old mentality for people that don’t realise that what goes around comes around and it’s out time now.

It’s what I admire about the English. All polite until shit gets real. Then they’ll tear your face off. All the way back to Agincourt, Crecy and Poiters up to the Spanish Armada, Watlerloo and the Battle of Britain. OK not the same as a football game, but it’s what comes to mind.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:36 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: I was at the game and boy, i wish it was in Cincinnati instead. I was frozen solid.

I am really disappointed in the Bills, Everything the Bengals did looked easy. Allen looked terrible as pass after pass fell incomplete. Maybe there is something to that elbow injury he got against the jets, or at least i have to hope so.

Buffalo had a great season and nothing will ever take that away. Leslie Frazier was the Bengals’ defensive coordinator about 20 years ago and he still runs the same scheme; the Bengals got burned bad back then. You might need a better one than Leslie Frazier.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 10:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I will say every time some team is missing linemen I get all excited, and it rarely  works like you hope.

Evaluating o-line talent must be hard...no wonder we had that guy who was so flummoxed by it all that he was talking about ketchup bottle technique.

Anyways, good game Bills...you crumpled like the 2022 paper champions you are.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 10:41 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Marv Levy bitched about the Bengals no huddle and they were banned from using it a few hours before the actual game. Levy then basically stole the idea and turned it into K-Gun riding it to 4 straight SB losses.

Bengals send the Bills to the playoffs after a 17 year absence. Bills fans send Dalton's charity money and chicken wings.

The Bills bail out of Cincy after Hamlin's injury causing all kinds of problems affecting the Bengals the most. They should have been made to forfeit once they got on the plane.

So other than Dalton's charity and chicken wings - which were repaid to Hamlin's GoFundMe - the Bills have never really done anything positive for Cincy.

I don't understand the bromance either.

It's about having empathy for people who have been through a similar hardship.  We could relate to their excitement and appreciate their gratitude when the Bengals helped them end their playoff drought.  We could understand how they must have felt seeing one of their players critically injured on the field.

It's definitely going to be a test to see whether it can endure now that we've crushed their dreams for this year.  That will be up to them.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 11:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s what I admire about the English. All polite until shit gets real. Then they’ll tear your face off. All the way back to Agincourt, Crecy and Poiters up to the Spanish Armada, Watlerloo and the Battle of Britain.  OK not the same as a football game, but it’s what comes to mind.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:36 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: I was at the game and boy, i wish it was in Cincinnati instead. I was frozen solid.

Anyway, congrats on the win. I expected the offensive line injuries take was overblown and it was.

I am really disappointed in the Bills, Everything the Bengals did looked easy. Allen looked terrible as pass after pass fell incomplete. Maybe there is something to that elbow injury he got against the jets, or at least i have to hope so.

He also was terrorized by the 4 man rush which i expected. Our O line sucks.

I didn't expect our D line to get zero pressure and get pushed around though, there was no excuse for that part of the terrible performance.

Good luck next week, I can't wait for that stupid Chiefs chant and the ensuing silence in the "loudest NFL stadium".

Thanks for that.  Wishing you guys the best next year against everyone but us.  I'd love to see the Bills again in the AFCC.  In Cincy, of course.  Wink

That said, I hope you'll represent to your cohorts in Bills fandom that they need to chill out on negative talk about the Bengals.   The whole "Hendrickson is dirty," thing is BS and beneath you.  Just looking at his history, personality, and the circumstances (broken wrist) should be enough for you guys to recognize that.  This is a different coaching staff and ownership has evolved from the days when they tried to "reform" guys like Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 10:58 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: You and that cesar kid are people I’d happily meet for a beer when I’m next over

You seem to get the European mentality bog **** em I’m bengals and nobody else

If bengals get beat next week I won’t watch the super bowl and I find it really sad that some people people on here would be just as excited if we were there or not

Who said they'd be "just as excited" about the Bills as the Bengals?

You are reaching. It's about having class when class is shown to you.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 11:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s what I admire about the English. All polite until shit gets real. Then they’ll tear your face off. All the way back to Agincourt, Crecy and Poiters up to the Spanish Armada, Watlerloo and the Battle of Britain. OK not the same as a football game, but it’s what comes to mind.

You're kissing up to the English just as some people are kissing up to the Bills.

If this dude has any consistency, he thinks you're a fool. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote:

How could I forget Lord Palmer something?

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:36 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're kissing up to the English just as some people are kissing up to the Bills.

If this dude has any consistency, he thinks you're a fool. Mellow

LOL What can I say? I read a lot of historical fiction.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: How could I forget Lord Palmer something?

Seeing that joke as a kid in 1992 sure had me confused as to what the hell they were going on about and by the time I was anywhere near an Encyclopedia Britannica, I couldn't recall the names they were discussing and didn't have any way to look it up.  We used to live in the stone age, man.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Seeing that joke as a kid in 1992 sure had me confused as to what the hell they were going on about and by the time I was anywhere near an Encyclopedia Britannica, I couldn't recall the names they were discussing and didn't have any way to look it up.  We used to live in the stone age, man.

You got Britannica? We only got World Book.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You got Britannica?  We only got World Book.

Hell, we got Funk & Wagnalls.... Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You got Britannica?  We only got World Book.

No, we didn't.  As far as I knew they were just a prize kids got for coming in 2nd place on Nick Arcade.  There was a dusty-ass bookshelf in a back room at my grandfather's place that had some encyclopedias that probably covered stuff up until the early 1960s, though.

(01-23-2023, 12:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hell, we got Funk & Wagnalls....

I'm pretty sure those were disco albums.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:52 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Hell, we got Funk & Wagnalls.... Whatever

I had to look that up to see if it was real. And it is.

Reply/Quote

Hell, we got World Book on installments. Pay $10.99 this month and get R and N. Pay $10.99 next month get T and A. It took us a year to get the complete collection.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote