Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats Chiefs and Andy Reid
I know it's off topic I just want to say congrats to Andy Reid and the Chiefs and their fans. I am glad they won, they deserve it.

P.S. They mentioned this was where the 49ers beat the Bengals in the Super Bowl and I am glad to see a little revenge.
Reply/Quote
Very satisfying to see a Super Bowl win yanked away from the 9ers in the last minutes of the game.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Yes, very happy for Andy Reid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cool to see UC Bearcat Travis Kelce catch a TD in the SB, too.

Happy for KC. Glad the small market, midwestern team won.

Reply/Quote
That’s us in a few years.

Reply/Quote
So is this where bengals fans everywhere send our condolences to 49rs fans everywhere? OR do we send one big collective "SUCKIT" to them?  Such a tough decision.. Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 01:13 AM)grampahol Wrote: So is this where bengals fans everywhere send our condolences to 49rs fans everywhere? OR do we send one big collective "SUCKIT" to them?  Such a tough decision.. Hilarious

Whatever makes the heart feel good. I recommend condolences, but the latter makes me smile just a little lot! 

Reply/Quote
Congrats to Mahomes, best QB in the league.
Reply/Quote
In honor of the Chiefs winning, they should have rolled out that old commercial ad where the groundskeeper paints Chefs in the end zone, instead of Chiefs.

Great googly-moogly.. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Enjoyable game.  Probably because I didn't care who won.  Smirk

One really close call that personally I think he was short but there wasn't enough to overturn but even the officials stayed out of the way.

Congrats to KC and the Hunt family.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Definitely a feel good game. Congrats to Andy Reid.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
It was a good game to watch. I think there is going to be a changing of the guard in the AFC when it comes to making it to the Super Bowl. The Patriots reign in the AFC is over and the Chiefs with Mahomes are going to be major contenders for years. Mahomes didn't have a great game for 3 quarters or so but he got it done when it counted. I think the 49ers are going to be very good for the next few years as well.

That said, the Bengals have a lot of work to do if they want to be close to the same level as the Chiefs and compete for a chance to play in a Super Bowl. It makes me jealous watching those teams as they seem to play on a much higher level than Bengals have in 3 decades. I was 16 the last time the Bengals won a playoff game. So the entirety of my adult life my favorite team has been mostly bad to average at best. Sad

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:08 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I know it's off topic I just want to say congrats to Andy Reid and the Chiefs and their fans.  I am glad they won, they deserve it.  

P.S. They mentioned this was where the 49ers beat the Bengals in the Super Bowl and I am glad to see a little revenge.

Was a great Super Bowl and I was rooting for the Chiefs all the way. Happy for Andy Reid.

Picked the 49ers BTW. Thought their Defense would of made the difference, was surprised by the Chiefs Defense honestly.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 08:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was a great Super Bowl and I was rooting for the Chiefs all the way. Happy for Andy Reid.

Picked the 49ers BTW. Thought their Defense would of made the difference, was surprised by the Chiefs Defense honestly.

Honestly Shanahan really helped KC by throwing it so much. They had no answer for the SF run game and yet he lets Jimmy G sling it 30 times.

Reminds me of Pete Caroll not using Beast Mode on the goal line in the SB against the Pats. Why do these coaches overthink things so much?

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 09:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Honestly Shanahan really helped KC by throwing it so much. They had no answer for the SF run game and yet he lets Jimmy G sling it 30 times.

Reminds me of Pete Caroll  not using Beast Mode on the goal line in the SB against the Pats. Why do these coaches overthink things so much?

I don't know. Shanahan is usually a genius, the weakness of the Chiefs was stopping the run and the 49ers were good at 
running the ball. Reminds me of how we never threw the ball to the TE's when we were playing the Cardinals who were the
worst in the league defending TE's at the time as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 10:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know. Shanahan is usually a genius, the weakness of the Chiefs was stopping the run and the 49ers were good at 
running the ball. Reminds me of how we never threw the ball to the TE's when we were playing the Cardinals who were the
worst in the league defending TE's at the time as well.

Shanahan has blown 2 Super Bowl leads now...

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 10:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Shanahan has blown 2 Super Bowl leads now...

Pretty much the same thing wasn't it?

Run the damn ball man.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 09:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Honestly Shanahan really helped KC by throwing it so much. They had no answer for the SF run game and yet he lets Jimmy G sling it 30 times.

Reminds me of Pete Caroll  not using Beast Mode on the goal line in the SB against the Pats. Why do these coaches overthink things so much?

I was surprised after the Chiefs scored the TD to make it a 3 point game the 9ers ran it once and gained 5 yards, then passed it twice and punted. They could have run it three times and got a first down. They could have run it down their throats and shortened the game at the very least. Didn't like their play calling on that response drive that ended in a 3 and out. But if they would have thrown it for a 1st down I'd be saying something different.

You gotta hand it to the Chiefs. Their defense actually made some stops against the run and pass. Was a great game to watch and a great finish. 

I couldn't really decide who I thought would win before or during the game. I was hoping for Mahomes to pull it out, though. I wanted Mahomes to give me hope that Burrow could do something similar in the future. Not sure Burrow can be that good though. Mahomes is better than Rodgers in my opinion (not by much, though). 

Really happy to see Andy Reid finally get that SB win.

Feel bad for Shanahan. That's gotta hurt to lose two Super Bowls like that. He's a really good coach. That team is amazing. Best run game and defense in the league, easily.
Reply/Quote