Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats Geno
(12-26-2018, 02:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You did not answer my question.

List all the DTs better than Geno.  Prove that he is just "mediocre".

You said we should not have paid Geno, then tell us which DT we should have signed instead.

No player is perfect all the time.  People who say that should be thre standard are not being realistssic.  They set impossible goals just because they love to complain.

If you want to complain about geno then tell us who you aould havce playing DT for the bengals instead of him if yoiu were in charge.

I never said we shouldn’t have re-signed Geno. You’re confusing me with someone else. I want to see him retire in stripes. And Donald is the only better DT.

I just got frustrated with Geno at times this season. Just like any other player. This year it’s the defense that are getting the majority of the blame. And rightly so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 02:17 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  How much help could the team have gotten with the 15 million extra they gave Atkins? 

I don't know.  That is exactly the question I was asking you.

Who would you have signed instead of extending Geno and Carlos?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 07:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know.  That is exactly the question I was asking you.

Who would you have signed instead of extending Geno and Carlos?

Google the top 50 available fa's that were available and pick a o-lineman or line backer but it doesn't matter because Mike Brown would rather resign his guys and pay the guaranteed money up front instead of paying out yearly and using the other money to sign decent Free agents. This is how the Bengals operate. In case you haven't noticed this plan isn't working.
Reply/Quote
No team in the league would be ok with losing a player the caliber of Geno. There’s plenty of things to criticize Mike Brown for, re-signing Geno is not one of them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 09:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No team in the league would be ok with losing a player the caliber of Geno. There’s plenty of things to criticize Mike Brown for, re-signing Geno is not one of them.
Geno was already signed for 9 million for 2018. The franchise tag for DT this year was 13 million, that is 22 million for two years instead of 37 million for two years.
I didn't say to not sign him I just stated that by waiting til this year they would have 15 million more to spend on the 2018 team. Lets be real Geno is now thirty if they wouldn't have signed him this year there wouldn't be any other team going to give him the 24million.  I believe that the ultimate goal is too win. By handcuffing the team by paying the bulk of the money to players who are past their prime Mikes plan keeps us from ever being a legitimate contender. 
Reply/Quote