Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where would you put a Healty 2015 Bengal team in relation to Top 12 Playoff teams ?
(12-26-2018, 06:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: In 2015 after beating Pittsburgh on Nov. 1st we played 5 more games, including playoffs against playoff teams and we lost every one of them.

Texans, Cardinals, Steelers, Broncos, Steelers.

Fact is Marvin Lewis loses nearly 75% of the time he faces playoff caliber teams ! Nothing makes me believe with him in charge that team would be any different this season.

So at the bottom.

They were 3-2 against playoff teams with Dalton at QB that year.
Reply/Quote
The 2015 team with Dalton could have done something if healthy.  Then again, if Dalton would have ended the the 2013 regular season on IR we would probably be convinced that team was going to be SB-bound if healthy, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My honest opinion?  If the 2015 Bengals had gotten paired against any other team in the Conference on that fateful night, the Bengals would have emerged with the elusive playoff victory.  That defense was STACKED, and had the superb coaching staff to prove it.  

I would put that 2015 team, with a healthy Andy against any of today's playoff teams.  The one's I feel would give them the most difficulty?  The Bears or Saints.

You know, I want to say that too...but I've seen this team beat the Chargers on the road in the regular season and then lose to the Chargers at home in the Playoffs.

I've seen us have really good defenses and give up tons of rushing yards in the playoffs. It's just really hard to say.

In that playoff game, despite having a great defense...the Steelers played guys they signed off the street and we gave up 167 yards rushing. We had 91 yards rushing.
Reply/Quote
I’d say a healthy 2015 team could beat the Colts and Ravens. Heck, the team this year was able to accomplish that before injuries set in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 12:04 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I’d say a healthy 2015 team could beat the Colts and Ravens. Heck, the team this year was able to accomplish that before injuries set in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capable of beating them? Yes.

We were capable of beating the Chargers the one year. And didn't.

We had a late lead on the Steelers in 2015. And melted down.

We were capable of beating a lot of the teams we played in the playoffs...and just didn't.
Reply/Quote
One and done like the rest of Marvin's teams.

Reply/Quote