Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congrats from Seahawks fan
Seahawks fan here. I was hoping to post here before the game, but was busy all weekend, so didn't have any time.

Anyway, congrats on a great comeback win. You guys have a really good team. Bengals are my favourite AFC team back to Ochocinco's days, so I'm happy for you to have a great start to the season and I hope you'll continue like this. Hopefully we can play another game in February (with another outcome).   ThumbsUp  We are far removed from a Super Bowl team right now and have a lot of problems, but I still believe we can turn our season on the right track quickly. Hopefully you will help us a bit by beating the Cardinals and we'll do our best to win against other AFC North teams (you probably won't need our "help" anyway).

Go Seahawks & Go Bengals! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the classy post Wink
Reply/Quote
Definitely classy, which is rare for an opposing fan. The Seahawks have no reasons to feel bad right now. They just faced the 2nd best AFC team - on the road - and barely missed winning. That defense is still legit, and I think you may have found Lynch's heir apparent in Rawls. I got to hear that kids name called often at CMU and he's looking pretty damn good in the NFL so far.

Btw, I've always liked Seahawks fans for the simple fact that they hate the Steelers almost as much as we do. I was glad Seattle was able to finally get a title after being hosed by the refs in the first one. Hopefully it's our turn now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 06:37 AM)SloHawk Wrote: Seahawks fan here. I was hoping to post here before the game, but was busy all weekend, so didn't have any time.

Anyway, congrats on a great comeback win. You guys have a really good team. Bengals are my favourite AFC team back to Ochocinco's days, so I'm happy for you to have a great start to the season and I hope you'll continue like this. Hopefully we can play another game in February (with another outcome).   ThumbsUp  We are far removed from a Super Bowl team right now and have a lot of problems, but I still believe we can turn our season on the right track quickly. Hopefully you will help us a bit by beating the Cardinals and we'll do our best to win against other AFC North teams (you probably won't need our "help" anyway).

Thanks for the nice post!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 06:47 AM)Whacked Wrote: Thanks for the classy post Wink

Absolutely.  Classy indeed, especially on the heels of such a maddening loss.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 07:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Definitely classy, which is rare for an opposing fan. The Seahawks have no reasons to feel bad right now. They just faced the 2nd best AFC team - on the road - and barely missed winning. That defense is still legit, and I think you may have found Lynch's heir apparent in Rawls. I got to hear that kids name called often at CMU and he's looking pretty damn good in the NFL so far.

Btw, I've always liked Seahawks fans for the simple fact that they hate the Steelers almost as much as we do. I was glad Seattle was able to finally get a title after being hosed by the refs in the first one. Hopefully it's our turn now.

Yes, f... the Steelers. 

I've been impressed with Rawls so far. 2 100+ yards games in 3 games. I was also surprised to see he had the most rushing yards in a game since Shaun Alexander in 2005. I'm excited about his future but hopefully we can also get a healthy Lynch back soon. He's still the one who can make a difference in any game.

P.S. If we can't win it this year, I'm really rooting for you guys or Atlanta (because of Dan Quinn).
Reply/Quote
A double RB punch is the way to go, as you can see our poor man's version of Lynch is struggling right now. I think I'm one of the few right now that says Gio is and has always been the better RB when healthy. I see a little bit of Kurt Warner's greatest show on turf in the Bengals (speed kills).
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 08:32 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: A double RB punch is the way to go, as you can see our poor man's version of Lynch is struggling right now. I think I'm one of the few right now that says Gio is and has always been the better RB when healthy. I see a little bit of Kurt Warner's greatest show on turf in the Bengals (speed kills).

Agree. And I think it's the way we'll go after Lynch retires. There are not many workhorses like him in the league anymore.

Oh, and I like both of your RBs. Undoubtely the best 1-2 RB punch in the league last year, followed by Lynch and Wilson. Tongue
Reply/Quote
Welcome to our message board, enjoy your stay!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Great game. Love your team's defense. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 06:37 AM)SloHawk Wrote: Seahawks fan here. I was hoping to post here before the game, but was busy all weekend, so didn't have any time.

It was interesting in our section as we had many Hawks fans who taunted us big time in the 3rd quarter. In the end, your fans celebrated too early and we got the last laugh.

It was a great game and I have tremendous respect for your defense. They fly to the ball and rarely miss a one on one tackle. They don't just tackle, the tackle with intent to hurt someone.

I told some of your fans after the game, I predict another Seahawks Super Bowl run and I just hope we can learn a little bit every week to be ready to compete in the playoffs and win. Yes your team lost, but they will recover.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Yes, without BUrfict on the field, I don't think we tackle with intention to cause pain. Our guys are too small! We can't even tackle, let alone the pain part.

During the superbowl I was amazed at how fast the Seahawks D ran to the ball and the punishing hits given. I think our Defense (outside of the line) needs to step it up a bit for a chance at reaching the superbowl and beyond.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It was interesting in our section as we had many Hawks fans who taunted us big time in the 3rd quarter. In the end, your fans celebrated too early and we got the last laugh.

It was a great game and I have tremendous respect for your defense. They fly to the ball and rarely miss a one on one tackle. They don't just tackle, the tackle with intent to hurt someone.

I told some of your fans after the game, I predict another Seahawks Super Bowl run and I just hope we can learn a little bit every week to be ready to compete in the playoffs and win. Yes your team lost, but they will recover.

LOL.....were you sitting behind me?  We had some guys givin us a little grief too.....but when it was all said and done...we had a few laughs, shook hands, wished each other well, and I wished them safe travels back home.  I've always had respect for the hawks going to back to the days of the "other" Curt Warner and Chuck Knox.  Now I have the same respect for their fans.  Classy people.....although they were TOTALLY wrong about the "fair catch" signal on the Adam Jones return.  I was sure to let them know they were wrong too....lol.  Some cat next to me was Johnny on the Spot with the NFL rulebook on his phone to back me up.....ha ha ha.  Thanks to whoever you were....I didn't think my memory had gone THAT bad, and that I still remembered a simple rule from Pee Wee League.....too bad the officials can't. :snark:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Thanks man. Hopefully we can help the Seahawks out by beating the Rams and especially the 49ers (old nemesis) and Arizona (New Quarterback vs. Old Quitterback).

Reply/Quote
Seattle is going to be fine. I still think they can win the division even considering Arizona's fire start. Either way they'll be an extremely tough out in any playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:48 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yes, without BUrfict on the field, I don't think we tackle with intention to cause pain. Our guys are too small! We can't even tackle, let alone the pain part.

During the superbowl I was amazed at how fast the Seahawks D ran to the ball and the punishing hits given. I think our Defense (outside of the line) needs to step it up a bit for a chance at reaching the superbowl and beyond.

I will have to disagree with you on our defense.. our defense line is putting a lot of pressure on the Quarterbacks, we are 5th in sacks.. Seattle is like 16th. and our secondary is flying to the ball more than i have seen them in the past... we do have to shore up the running game.. but with the games on the line, our defense has really stepped up.... Seattle looks to be taking a step back this year... for example they have already give up 27 or more points 3 games... last year total they have up 27 or more  in just 4 games.
Reply/Quote

Nice, this is some great stuff from a fan of another team. Seems like everytime a fan of another team
comes on here they talk their team up to hell and just ignore our guys. Nice post man, very classy.

Hope to see you guys in the Superbowl as well with the same outcome lol
Reply/Quote
[Image: 12088570_1010689575644397_91176108245711...e=568E7167]
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12088570_1010689575644397_9117610824571138671_n.jpg?oh=b3843c518f1ee9774edd9ea74ff3c933&oe=568E7167

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 08:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: [Image: 12088570_1010689575644397_91176108245711...e=568E7167]
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12088570_1010689575644397_9117610824571138671_n.jpg?oh=b3843c518f1ee9774edd9ea74ff3c933&oe=568E7167

C'mon, man be nice, we have company LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:04 PM)StripesInSuffolk Wrote: Seattle is going to be fine.  I still think they can win the division even considering Arizona's fire start.  Either way they'll be an extremely tough out in any playoff game.

If Palmer can stay healthy, Arizona will be very tough to beat.  Their defense is great, Fitz is having his best season in years and they also improved run game. Also, Bruce Arians is the best coach in the NFC right now in my opinion. I'm not affraid of them, but clearly respect them a lot.

(10-12-2015, 08:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, this is some great stuff from a fan of another team. Seems like everytime a fan of another team
comes on here they talk their team up to hell and just ignore our guys. Nice post man, very classy.

Hope to see you guys in the Superbowl as well with the same outcome lol

I know those kind of fans (most of them are just trolls) and don't like them. I read forums of our opponents the week we play them to know their team better and sometimes if I have enough time I register and say hello. But I'm always trying to be respectfull even if I don't like their team too much. And I've never had a problem to congratulate a better team.

About the picture above, I actually think it's funny. I know we have a lot of bandwagoners but that can be said about almost any team in the history at some point. I don't like those "fans", but what can we do? Maybe losing another 2 or 3 games and they will all be off the bandwagon. :jk: Luckily (or unluckily) for me where I live (Slovenia, a small country in Europe) there is still not too much interest in football. There is a small internet community with fans from different teams (most of them are Pittsburgh fans Rolleyes ) and we follow the games together, but most of them don't like the Seahawks. So I have more to do with "haters" than bandwagon fans.

Of course I also follow Seahawks boards and know some of our fans can be difficult to get along at times, but again, you can found those kind of people in almost any fan base. I'm usually just ignoring them.

Oh, I almost forget to thank you all for a warm welcome. I'll probably stay around for a while. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote