Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congrats to Brandon Wilson for leading the league in kick off return average.
Over the last 35 years only 5 players have averaged 31 yards per kick return and 2 of them have been Bengals.  Adam Jones ('14) and Bardon Wilson this year both averaged 31.3.

I like this guy from the day we drafted him in 2017.  He did not play much on defense until game 6, but he played a third of the defensive snaps (22 per game) after that until going on IR after game 12.  

He also has the potential to be used as a "gadget" player on offense.  He did that in college.

I know workout numbers don't make guys great football players, but Wilson is an incredible athlete.  He had a 41 inch vert, 11'2" broad jump, benched 225 24 times and ran a 4.36 forty.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 04:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last 35 years only 5 players have averaged 31 yards per kick return and 2 of them have been Bengals.  Adam Jones ('14) and Bardon Wilson this year both averaged 31.3.

I like this guy from the day we drafted him in 2017.  He did not play much on defense until game 6, but he played a third of the defensive snaps (22 per game) after that until going on IR after game 12.  

He also has the potential to be used as a "gadget" player on offense.  He did that in college.

I know workout numbers don't make guys great football players, but Wilson is an incredible athlete.  He had a 41 inch vert, 11'2" broad jump, benched 225 24 times and ran a 4.36 forty.

His top speed doesn't seem Tyreek Hill or Dante Hallish, but his acceleration is elite and his vision is OUTSTANDING.

Contrast with Phillips, who probably has more top-end speed, he can't find a hole returning (aside from the TD that was called back) if his life depended on it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 04:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last 35 years only 5 players have averaged 31 yards per kick return and 2 of them have been Bengals.  Adam Jones ('14) and Bardon Wilson this year both averaged 31.3.

Loved the pick myself right from the bat and thought he would be our new stud ST's pick for the future.

Nice to see one of the players I liked besides Mixon doing great things.

Wilson made a couple nice pass breakups this season too, very versatile.
Reply/Quote