Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congrats to Coach Taylor
He secured his first winning season as an NFL head coach while watching his franchise QB set a team record in passing yards for a game.

Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He secured his first winning season as an NFL head coach while watching his franchise QB set a team record in passing yards for a game.

Who Dey

Ok, i'll say it...ZT coached a good game.  (Joe Burrow did execute it)....but I liked the strong aggressive start and maintaining the push in the second half.  He also has a winning season his 3rd year in (like ML)....lets see if we can win a playoff game before i start appreciating him more.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Yes sir extend the man
Reply/Quote
4 and 0 vs the ravens and steelers. Pretty happy with the guy now.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Happy with the offense (Zac).. the defense? (Anarumo) not so much.
Reply/Quote
Happy for Bell to get a pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes sir extend the man

If he keeps up the winning, gets into the playoffs, and nets a W then he'd have earned it, right?
Reply/Quote
This makes Zac securing his winning record even more enjoyable:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1475228101483405317

Edit: Apparently I suck at inserting a tweet. It's about Harbaugh crying.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:45 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This makes Zac securing his winning record even more enjoyable:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1475228101483405317

Edit: Apparently I suck at inserting a tweet. It's about Harbaugh crying.

Oh he is one sad MFer. You can tell by the way he looks on the field he HATES the Bengals having Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd (Raven killer) and Mixon. He can see the demise of his coaching job in Baltimore on the horizon.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If he keeps up the winning, gets into the playoffs, and nets a W then he'd have earned it, right?
Nope already earned it...
Reply/Quote
Cheers to Zac, he finally learned to not take his foot off of the gas pedal. ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh he is one sad MFer. You can tell by the way he looks on the field he HATES the Bengals having Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd (Raven killer) and Mixon. He can see the demise of his coaching job in Baltimore on the horizon.

Zac is fairly good at keeping it professional during interviews compared to some coaches. I'd loooove to know if he secretly enjoyed running it up against Harbaugh and the Ravens not once, but twice in one season. I didn't think the Bengals should have held onto Zac, but props to him for the winning season. It's nice to see.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nope already earned it...

Oh I don't disagree. I was more thinking if he did all that then he'd have solidified the extension without people saying it was a bad move, hopefully.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He secured his first winning season as an NFL head coach while watching his franchise QB set a team record in passing yards for a game.

Who Dey

I give him credit.. The run didn't work at the end and he stomped on the throat... Gotta love it!
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:56 PM)Tony Wrote: I give him credit.. The run didn't work at the end and he stomped on the throat... Gotta love it!

His playing calling was awesome in the 4th as Burrow kept throwing and completing passes. Props to Zac!
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: His playing calling was awesome in the 4th as Burrow kept throwing and completing passes. Props to Zac!

His post game he was asked about it, and said it was time for his guys to develop the killer instinct with the playoffs around the corner.
Reply/Quote

Who Dey

After this win I think he proved he is really learning. That was a desperate Ravens team, sure they were beat up and missing 
their starting QB, but Harbaugh is a damn good coach and was doing everything he could to try and pull off a win and it just 
wasn't possible with Taylor and his guys. Yes, Congratulations to Zac Taylor our HC for a long time coming.

Lets get a Playoff win and keep it going. Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: After this win I think he proved he is really learning. That was a desperate Ravens team, sure they were beat up and missing 
their starting QB, but Harbaugh is a damn good coach and was doing everything he could to try and pull off a win and it just 
wasn't possible with Taylor and his guys. Yes, Congratulations to Zac Taylor our HC for a long time coming.

Lets get a Playoff win and keep it going. Cool

And TBH, we were missing Reader and a slew of Linebackers as well.
Reply/Quote
I expected improvement, and mentioned earlier in the season that I didn't think we were improved quite enough to make the post season yet. Regardless of how the season ends from here, I am happy as we have in fact exceeded my expectations and are definitely further along than I expected us to be. If we can improve the right side of the line this offseason, we could become unstoppable.
Reply/Quote
Playing Burrow the second half of the 4th quarter was some of the stupidest coaching I have ever seen. If Joe had gotten injured you guys would be eviscerating Taylor. But since it worked out you think Zac was smart?!?!?

You just can't judge coaching like that.

And this is coming from a guy who defended Zac running the ball on our last drive against the Niners.

Just because a decision works out does not make it "smart", and just because it does not work does not automatically make it "stupid".
Reply/Quote