Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Geno on Pro Bowl Selection
8th Pro Bowl selection for Geno.
Reply/Quote
Really?
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ummmm..ok???  I can think of at least 5 to 6 other guys that looked way better this yr than him....
whatever...I havent watched a Probowl game in over 20 yrs
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:12 PM)kalibengal Wrote: ummmm..ok???  I can think of at least 5 to 6 other guys that looked way better this yr than him....
whatever...I havent watched a Probowl game in over 20 yrs

There's a guy on the Bills with 9.5 sacks. Geno has 4.5.
Reply/Quote
Many Pro Bowl voters go for a name they know, and many are undeserved.
Reply/Quote
Geno is still a man that most times requires two men to block him effectively. Just because he's not lighting up the stat sheet, does not mean that teams don't have to prepare especially for him.

Weather getting by on past rep or not, congrats Geno!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Good for him...I guess? He hasn’t even been close to our best DL (Dunlap & maybe even Hubbard), but whatever. This is why the PB should never be used as your main point in an argument.

Reply/Quote
Congrats to Geno. In this season where many Bengal "fans" are suggesting Bengal players are looking out for themselves. Geno has laced them up and went out there every week.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Congrats to Geno. In this season where many Bengal "fans" are suggesting Bengal players are looking out for themselves. Geno has laced them up and went out there every week.

Why wouldn’t he? We made him one of the highest paid defensive players in the league. And iirc the highest paid at his age.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why wouldn’t he? We made him one of the highest paid defensive players in the league. And iirc the highest paid at his age.

FWIW, he made him one of the highest paid defensive players in the league, we just flipped the bill. There's cases of those highly paid that do not go out there on a weekly basis. It appears the Bengals have gotten there money's worth. They paid a quality player who gave them all he had in each game. 

Reply/Quote
Pro Bowl is a popularity thing and the game is 2 hand touch.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 12:04 AM)scorp1974 Wrote: Pro Bowl is a popularity thing and the game is 2 hand touch.

You'll not get me to disagree with this; as my favorite Bengal of all time never made the Pro Bowl while making 1st team All Pro 4 times. But that shouldn't stop us for congratulating one of our own receiving the recommendation from his peers. 

Reply/Quote
Congrats Geno
Reply/Quote
I'm suprised.. he hasn't done a whole lot this year.
Reply/Quote
This just reminds me why the pro bowl should be voted on by coaches and players not ******** fans
Reply/Quote
Why do fans seem to strictly grade DT’s on the sack stats?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 01:15 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Why do fans seem to strictly grade DT’s on the sack stats?

Because education isn't thought of as a particularly noble endeavor anymore? That's all I have there.  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 01:18 AM)grampahol Wrote: Because education isn't thought of as a particularly noble endeavor anymore? That's all I have there.  Mellow

If a guy is taking on 2 guys, I’d say there’s some real value there!
Reply/Quote
Popularity is about it. Many people have a few players or just one they want to vote for. Most cases you must select multiple players at each position so after they pick who they really want, the rest is just clicking on familiar names. Or being a homer selecting every player on their favorite team. I wish everyone could only select one player period. This would cut down on just clicking familiar names to get through the selections.
Reply/Quote