Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Geno on Pro Bowl Selection
He's been almost completely useless against the run and only has 4.5 sacks. He had a rare stop for a loss two or three weeks ago and the Bengal fan at the Sports bar where I watch was all wide eyed exclaiming "WOOOOOOW!!! You don't see that from Geno very often!"

He has no one pushing him.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Long live Geno Atkin!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 12:39 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: This just reminds me why the pro bowl should be voted on by coaches and players not ******** fans

He was voted in by the players not the fans.

Anyway, here's aquestion: how many Pro Bowls do you need to be a HoF lock?

Am I right in thinking there are a couple of guys who got to nine but not Canton?
Reply/Quote
Geno hasn't had his best year, but he deserves to make it on rep just like all the other players on other teams who make it on rep.
Reply/Quote
The fans appear smarter than coaches and players:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Good for Geno. He's set the bar high in the past & still solid most days now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Geno is still a man that most times requires two men to block him effectively.  Just because he's not lighting up the stat sheet, does not mean that teams don't have to prepare especially for him.

Weather getting by on past rep or not, congrats Geno!

Agreed, he still was very disruptive this season even if he didn't stack up the sacks.

Congrats to Geno. Dunlap deserves it more though this season IMO.

Brandon Wilson should make it as a Returner...
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed, he still was very disruptive this season even if he didn't stack of the sacks.

Congrats to Geno. Dunlap deserves it more though this season IMO.

Brandon Wilson should make it as a Returner...

Wilson was I think 2nd alternate. Agreed he should have made it.

Mixon was I think 5th alternate.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 03:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wilson was I think 2nd alternate. Agreed he should have made it.

Mixon was I think 5th alternate.

Last I heard Wilson was the best Kick Returner in the NFL, should be the #1 in the Pro Bowl.

Mixon is on a roll right now, will be interesting how the last couple games go if he can go over 1000 yards again.

Think he will.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Last I heard Wilson was the best Kick Returner in the NFL, should be the #1 in the Pro Bowl.

Mixon is on a roll right now, will be interesting how the last couple games go if he can go over 1000 yards again.

Think he will.

He's at 925 yards now.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 07:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's at 925 yards now.

Easy Peezy. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I'd be surprised if he doesn't go past 1000
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 12:00 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I'd be surprised if he doesn't go past 1000

Could by halftime against the Phins.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 01:15 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Why do fans seem to strictly grade DT’s on the sack stats?

Cause most of us just follow the ball.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Honestly...1000 yards isn't some great achievement in 16 games. Don't get me wrong...it's nice...but it's 62.5 yards a game over 16 games.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 04:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...1000 yards isn't some great achievement in 16 games. Don't get me wrong...it's nice...but it's 62.5 yards a game over 16 games.

True, especially when you are the main back that gets all the carries but...

Behind this Line it is an accomplishment.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 04:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...1000 yards isn't some great achievement in 16 games. Don't get me wrong...it's nice...but it's 62.5 yards a game over 16 games.

You’re something else lol

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 07:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re something else lol

It isn't. It's 62.5 yards a game.

In Mixon's case, it's impressive because he did it all in basically 8 games and behind a bad line. Had he ran at this pace all year, he might have had 1600 yards.

I'd love to see him go to an actual good team with a good offensive line and see what he was capable of. But, he'll waste his prime years here...like so many others.

But, 1000 yards in a season for a back isn't some great barometer. This year, there are already 10 guys over 1000 yards. Chubb has 1408 yards.

Mixon is averaging 66.1 ypg and 4.0 yards per carry. 31st in yards per carry.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 08:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It isn't. It's 62.5 yards a game.

In Mixon's case, it's impressive because he did it all in basically 8 games and behind a bad line. Had he ran at this pace all year, he might have had 1600 yards.

I'd love to see him go to an actual good team with a good offensive line and see what he was capable of. But, he'll waste his prime years here...like so many others.

But, 1000 yards in a season for a back isn't some great barometer. This year, there are already 10 guys over 1000 yards. Chubb has 1408 yards.

Mixon is averaging 66.1 ypg and 4.0 yards per carry. 31st in yards per carry.

1000 yds is a good season for a RB in the modern pass happy NFL. No one is saying it’s “great.”

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 08:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 1000 yds is a good season for a RB in the modern pass happy NFL. No one is saying it’s “great.”

I agree with that.
Reply/Quote