Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congrats to Jake Elliott
For making the super bowl, he definitely wouldn’t of been in a super bowl playing for this team unfortunately.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Cool story...NOT :paul:
Reply/Quote
Hell he didn't even miss an XP in the game; quite rare for him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad he is enjoying the playoffs. He tried his best here and got cut. Not upset he is with a winner now.

Reply/Quote
He dodged a bullet with the Bengals that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
Pity we couldn't keep him.

At least our kicker now is reliable, if not a bit weak legged.

It's better than what we had in Nugent, at least.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 05:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Pity we couldn't keep him.

At least our kicker now is reliable, if not a bit weak legged.

It's better than what we had in Nugent, at least.

How is Bullock "weak legged"? 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000897862/Randy-Bullock-hits-51-yard-field-goal-to-give-Bengals-the-lead

That FG would've been good from 60.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Really couldn’t have worked out much better for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 06:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How is Bullock "weak legged"? 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000897862/Randy-Bullock-hits-51-yard-field-goal-to-give-Bengals-the-lead

That FG would've been good from 60.

Well, he's 6 for 12 career in 50+ yard field goals and has only attempted 2 in the last 3 years.

That tells me that when his team is in a 50+ field goal situation, they normally just punt it, as they don't believe he has the leg to consistently hit those kicks.

Maybe he has been on teams that just, for whatever reason, never ended a drive between the 33 and the 43 yard line.

But that seems kind of unlikely.
Reply/Quote
Who?
Reply/Quote
Now we’re congratulating players who never even played a single meaningful down for the Bengals?

Reply/Quote
Screw that bum, he should have kicked better in preseason.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He sucked at in the preseason. Lucky they gave him a chance because he was shitty here
Reply/Quote
Was 17-19 from 40 plus this year including a long from 61.

Didn't he make a fg in the last preseason game but had to re-kick due to a penalty and missed. I wonder if there was no penalty if he would have made the club.
Reply/Quote
Somewhere out there a Bengals fan has a shrine in their bedroom for Jake Elliot.

[Image: th?id=OIP.QhWmWBnEAVl7Y7cZ5-PKKQHaFw&pid...=216&h=169]
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mr9zk5gepy1s7fmy8o1_250.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 10:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Somewhere out there a Bengals fan has a shrine in their bedroom for Jake Elliot.

Yep, nothing says pathetic, quite like a thread dedicated to a draft pick that didn't even make the team..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 10:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, nothing says pathetic, quite like a thread dedicated to a draft pick that didn't even make the team..

.....and one that 99% were pissed that we took instead of Zane Gonzales. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: .....and one that 99% were pissed that we took instead of Zane Gonzales. 

Jake's a fine kicker, glad that he caught on with the Eagles and had a great season.  Just wish he could have turned it on in the kicking showdown.  Bullock is...  well, boring.  If he were a baseball player, they'd call him "no-stick".  Heck, that 51 yarder this season was so shocking that I'm surprised he didn't tear a hip flexor.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 10:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Somewhere out there a Bengals fan has a shrine in their bedroom for Jake Elliot.

THAT'S IT! I'm making a MAN CAVE dedicated to every ex Bengal who ever didn't actually make the team.. That'll show em! They'll be sad when my nobody Bengals man cave is finally gone!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 10:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Jake's a fine kicker, glad that he caught on with the Eagles and had a great season.  Just wish he could have turned it on in the kicking showdown.  Bullock is...  well, boring.  If he were a baseball player, they'd call him "no-stick".  Heck, that 51 yarder this season was so shocking that I'm surprised he didn't tear a hip flexor.

He is boring on the sideline as well. Usually Huber, Harris, and whoever the kicker is ham it up a little but he rarely talks to anybody and kicks way less practice kicks into the net than any kicker I have ever seen. 

But he did fine this season. Yet still mad we wasted a draft pick on a kicker just to cut him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote