Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Congrats to Jessie Bates
Jessie was named the NFLPA Community MVP for week 15. Jessie hosted his 3rd annual Single Mom's Initiative. He hosted 5 single mothers and their children treating the moms to dinner and salon visits while he took care of the kids at a movie, bowling, and Top Golf. The weekend ended with box seats at the Cleveland game

Also, our own fashionista Joey Burrow was named one of NY Times most stylish of the year. He was the only football player named. His rose colored glasses and flower suit were specifically mentioned.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Bengals appear to have a roster full of good citizens. Gotta feel there's a correlation between that and the change of culture that has allowed winning to flourish.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Man, where pacman when you need him!!
Reply/Quote
Oh Snake in the Grass
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Out there helping those single moms.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 04:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Out there helping those single moms.

Ninja
Reply/Quote

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 04:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Out there helping those single moms.

Dude I can't be the only one out there who thought this. What about the single dads, won't he do anything for them?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 11:47 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Dude I can't be the only one out there who thought this. What about the single dads, won't he do anything for them?

Think he was raised by a single mom so it prob has more of a connection with him. Regardless, it's a good thing. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 02:01 PM)pally Wrote: Jessie was named the NFLPA Community MVP for week 15.  Jessie hosted his 3rd annual Single Mom's Initiative.  He hosted 5 single mothers and their children treating the moms to dinner and salon visits while he took care of the kids at a movie, bowling, and Top Golf.  The weekend ended with box seats at the Cleveland game

Also, our own fashionista Joey Burrow was named one of NY Times most stylish of the year.  He was the only football player named.  His rose colored glasses and flower suit were specifically mentioned.

He joined Lapham and Wayne "box" Miller for Bengals Pep Rally last night and I guess they had a huge turnout.  

They were talking about Thursday Night's Christmas Party for the team and that with families and such there were over 450 attendees.  Sounds like a great night for everyone.  Well done, Brown Family. 

And, well done, Jessie!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 11:47 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Dude I can't be the only one out there who thought this. What about the single dads, won't he do anything for them?

I guess he just HATES single dads.

(We shouldn’t engage in whatabouts, it’s good that he’s doing anything at all)
Reply/Quote
I'd say a lot of these guys were raised by single moms. Probably Jessie , as well. It's a nice gesture. If it was Joe Burrow helping single moms there would have calls for a statue to be erected for the greatest humanitarian the league has ever seen. lol Good job, Jess.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote

Like Nick Cannon?
Reply/Quote
Random update

Falcons' Jessie Bates leads NFC free safeties in Pro Bowl voting
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:38 PM)Whacked Wrote: Random update

I miss Jessie. That play where he sprinted full speed clear across the field to knock the Ravens' QB out of bounds to save the TD sticks with me to this day.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:41 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I miss Jessie. That play where he sprinted full speed clear across the field to knock the Ravens' QB out of bounds to save the TD sticks with me to this day.

A handful do for me. He was special

As usual - money and contacts at this level - can wreck the fun.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:38 PM)Whacked Wrote: Random update

he's having a great season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 04:05 PM)pally Wrote: he's having a great season

Playing in the NFC and specifically NFCS, arguably the worst division in the NFL, probably helps a bit too as well as a weaker strength of schedule.   But good for him. Good player and he earned the payday he took to go to the Falcons and be on a team that won't accomplish anything. Given how short and fragile NFL careers can be I'll never blame a player getting paid instead of taking a shot at a trophy.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I always liked Bates, but have to admit his season of pouting over his contract still irks me.
Reply/Quote
We clearly miss Bates this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote