Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Jessie Bates
Man balled out tonight and had some huge plays. Hope the Bengals bring this man back.
Reply/Quote
Sure hope the Bengals can find a way to keep Awuzie, Hendrickson, Bates, Hilton, among others. The FA pickups have been key and I hope they choose to stay. This defense is actually enjoyable to watch now (typically). Hope Bates will choose to stay as well and we dont have to franchise tag him.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:19 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Sure hope the Bengals can find a way to keep Awuzie, Hendrickson, Bates, Hilton, among others. The FA pickups have been key and I hope they choose to stay. This defense is actually enjoyable to watch now (typically). Hope Bates will choose to stay as well and we dont have to franchise tag him.

All those guys are under contract next year except for Bates.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:57 AM)Trademark Wrote: Man balled out tonight and had some huge plays. Hope the Bengals bring this man back.

He had a down year but was fantastic tonight. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All those guys are under contract next year except for Bates.

I read here in JN several days ago that Awuzie and Hendrickson both have contracts that are voidable by the player after year one.  I can't vouch for the accuracy of the statements, as I neither recall the source nor know how to validate the accuracy.

Regardless, I hope to see all of them on this roster for years to come.

Also would love to see free agency utilized to boost the offensive line and secondary so that the draft can be used to go BPA in round 1.
Reply/Quote
Sometimes hard to tell from end zone seats, but I was thinking he was making some plays tonight
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Still not worth a lofty contract.

Let it play out until the off season.

If he gets it done throughout the playoffs... perhaps.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:30 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I read here in JN several days ago that Awuzie and Hendrickson both have contracts that are voidable by the player after year one.  I can't vouch for the accuracy of the statements, as I neither recall the source nor know how to validate the accuracy.

Regardless, I hope to see all of them on this roster for years to come.

Also would love to see free agency utilized to boost the offensive line and secondary so that the draft can be used to go BPA in round 1.

That’s not correct. The team has an out, not the players. Pretty sure the source was someone misunderstanding something they heard on the radio.

Anyway, they even touched on it during the broadcast tonight how much players want to play with Burrow. Mike Hilton is the most recent one to cite that as the reason he chose Cincinnati.

Reply/Quote
About time
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:22 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He had a down year but was fantastic tonight. 

He stepped up when it counted the most.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:36 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Still not worth a lofty contract.

Let it play out until the off season.

If he gets it done throughout the playoffs... perhaps.

I disagree, maybe not on play alone, but this dude is loved by his teammates, they have been calling for a contract for him. I think keeping him is valuable for the locker room and morale amongst the others. These guys are brothers now. And they play like.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:44 AM)Cosmokramer Wrote: I disagree, maybe not on play alone, but this dude is loved by his teammates, they have been calling for a contract for him.  I think keeping him is valuable for the locker room and morale amongst the others.  These guys are brothers now. And they play like.

I didn't say they shouldn't keep him.

Just don't overpay him.

If keeping him breaks the bank then let him walk.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s not correct. The team has an out, not the players. Pretty sure the source was someone misunderstanding something they heard on the radio.

Anyway, they even touched on it during the broadcast tonight how much players want to play with Burrow. Mike Hilton is the most recent one to cite that as the reason he chose Cincinnati.

Ricardo Allen is the one they referenced on the broadcast about choosing the Bengals because of Burrow.  Nonetheless, I'm sure you're right about the contract thing.  Like I said, I couldn't verify it, nor did I know how to do so, but it was stated those players had an out.  It really doesn't make sense that the team would give the players an out without the qualifier of winning a Championship or leading the leading the league statistically in a major category, and none of our guys have done that...yet!
Reply/Quote
Vintage Jessie Bates today!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote