Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Marvin Jones !
Much deserved! Happy that he finally got a playoff win in his career. Hopefully the Jags meet up with us in the AFC championship game.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Good for him
He’s still a solid WR in this league
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 08:55 AM)Housh Wrote: Good for him
He’s still a solid WR in this league

Yeah, he's a FA this coming offseason. He actually might be an interesting bridge signing if Higgins gets into a hold-in/extend-me-or-trade-me type situation.

Side note... how rare is it for a player to be able to say they had a winning season with the Bengals, Lions, AND Jags in their career? Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely. He is a clutch player who will give up his health to make catches sometimes. I still remember his head bouncing off the ground.

Also, Jordan Willis played yesterday with the 49ers. Of course he has been with them long enough to get a playoff win already and was never a big name here or anything.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 09:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, he's a FA this coming offseason. He actually might be an interesting bridge signing if Higgins gets into a hold-in/extend-me-or-trade-me type situation.

Side note... how rare is it for a player to be able to say they had a winning season with the Bengals, Lions, AND Jags in their career? Lol

Dude has played for the holy trinity of unfortunate clubs... and forged a decent career out of it. Fair play to that man haha.

Glad for Jones, I really liked him when he was a Bengal and was disappointed when we had to let him go. What a way to win a playoff game too.
Reply/Quote
Good for Mr. Jones and hope his good fortune continues until the Bengals snatch it away.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 09:29 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Absolutely. He is a clutch player who will give up his health to make catches sometimes. I still remember his head bouncing off the ground.

Also, Jordan Willis played yesterday with the 49ers. Of course he has been with them long enough to get a playoff win already and was never a big name here or anything.

[Image: 1pldv7.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
always liked Marvin Jones and what a bargain as 5th rounder. He added the speed element we lacked. That was a great group of WRs we had , with Him, AJ and Sanu back in the day
Reply/Quote
There was no reason to let him go.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:04 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: There was no reason to let him go.

We didn’t let him go. He chose to leave.

It was rumored he wanted to go somewhere where he could be a teams #1 wr option. It was also rumored the Bengals matched the salary offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 09:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, he's a FA this coming offseason. He actually might be an interesting bridge signing if Higgins gets into a hold-in/extend-me-or-trade-me type situation.
He just needs to play for the panthers now and he will have played for all the big cat teams. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:10 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: We didn’t let him go.  He chose to leave.

It was rumored he wanted to go somewhere where he could be a teams #1 wr option.  It was also rumored the Bengals matched the salary offer.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I remember that tidbit. It was all about being #1.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 10:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: 1pldv7.jpg]

He's the guy that blocked the punt in the 49ers/GB playoff game last year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
yes was happy for him, was thinking does he have a playoff win as I was watching game and he played well so great for him
Reply/Quote