Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Marvin Lewis
The team he’s an assistant coach on just got a huge win and knocked #6 Oregon out of the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 01:15 AM)Trademark Wrote: The team he’s an assistant coach on just got a huge win and knocked #6 Oregon out of the playoffs

Never too old to learn. Maybe Herm teaches him how to coach in a big game. I’m sure Marv had a heart attack when they kept throwing the ball while leading
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've always said Marvin is a good coach and an excellent teacher especially on defense, but he needs a great Offensive Coordinator to work with to be successful.

I think he will thrive more at the college level.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Not to praise Marvin too much but the guy had a winning record with the Bengals...that indicates he might know some stuff.
Reply/Quote
Dude brought the Bengals out of football Siberia. I wish him nothing but the best in his future. It was just time for a fresh start, although that fresh start has been smelling like Satan farted in a sulphur pit on taco night.
Reply/Quote
He's not an assistant coach. He's a "Special Advisor". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 01:31 AM)Synric Wrote: I've always said Marvin is a good coach and an excellent teacher especially on defense, but he needs a great Offensive Coordinator to work with to be successful.

I think he will thrive more at the college level.

Bengals defensive rankings under Marvin W/O Zimmer...

2003: 28th
2004: 19th
2005: 28th
2006: 30th
2007: 27th
2014: 22nd
2015: 11th
2016: 17th
2017: 18th
2018: 32nd

In 10 years, that's....
0x Top 10
1x Above Average
9x Below Average
4x Bottom 5

- - - - - - - - - - -

I think Marvin's supposed defensive genius is awfully overblown compared to the reality. Not to mention 3 playoffs in 10 years without Zimmer, 4 playoffs in 6 years with Zimmer. Meanwhile Zimmer is looking at his 3rd playoffs in 6 years in Minnesota, and actually won a playoff game, and was a missed 27 yard FG from a second.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Congratulations, M. Lewis.
Reply/Quote
I've come to the conclusion that a statue of Marvin should be built outside PBS given what he managed to do here with this ownership group.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 03:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's not an assistant coach. He's a "Special Advisor". 

Yep, it’s a fancy name for jock washer. He has a tongue like a cat.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 05:00 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals defensive rankings under Marvin W/O Zimmer...

2003: 28th
2004: 19th
2005: 28th
2006: 30th
2007: 27th
2014: 22nd
2015: 11th
2016: 17th
2017: 18th
2018: 32nd

In 10 years, that's....
0x Top 10
1x Above Average
9x Below Average
4x Bottom 5

- - - - - - - - - - -

I think Marvin's supposed defensive genius is awfully overblown compared to the reality. Not to mention 3 playoffs in 10 years without Zimmer, 4 playoffs in 6 years with Zimmer. Meanwhile Zimmer is looking at his 3rd playoffs in 6 years in Minnesota, and actually won a playoff game, and was a missed 27 yard FG from a second.

Yep

Another narrative I disagree with - Marvin is this great evaluator of talent. Pair that up with ML being the LBer whisperer and then take a hard look at our LBers over 16 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:47 AM)Fullrock Wrote: I've come to the conclusion that a statue of Marvin should be built outside PBS given what he managed to do here with this ownership group.

Definitely agree. I miss Marv man Sad
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis will get another shot in the NFL. He brought the Bengals back from the dead in 2003 and any team who needs to rebuild should take a serious look at Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:23 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Marvin Lewis will get another shot in the NFL.  He brought the Bengals back from the dead in 2003 and any team who needs to rebuild should take a serious look at Marvin.

I know a team in Cincinnati that's ready for a rebuild.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 01:15 AM)Trademark Wrote: The team he’s an assistant coach on just got a huge win and knocked #6 Oregon out of the playoffs

was that the game they let that injured dude do the final kneel down?
Reply/Quote
I wish Marvin Lewis all the luck in the world. I hope he has much success with whatever and wherever he ends up. I do not want him back here though, at all.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 11:58 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wish Marvin Lewis all the luck in the world. I hope he has much success with whatever and wherever he ends up. I do not want him back here though, at all.

Not even as GM?... With ol Mikey taking a seat?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 12:53 PM)jason Wrote: Not even as GM?... With ol Mikey taking a seat?

There’s only one other person I believe would be a better GM than Marvin Lewis: Carson Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 01:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There’s only one other person I believe would be a better GM than Marvin Lewis: Carson Palmer.

I do believe he's chillin' somewhere in Montana... And thinks very little of Mike Brown and the Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote