Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Zimmer!!!
(01-15-2018, 04:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: glad he got the monkey off his back, he was also DC for 3 of those losses here at Cincy and be honest his defense was not very good in the playoffs.. the lucky pass or we would be talking about 2nd half meltdown by Vikings defense and soft coverage late against Brees.

Pppppffffttttt.....it's Drew Brees.  It's not if he's gonna mount a comeback, it's when.

The offense is what shit the bed in the 2nd half for the Vikes.  Too much pressure allowed.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 04:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: Pppppffffttttt.....it's Drew Brees.  It's not if he's gonna mount a comeback, it's when.

The offense is what shit the bed in the 2nd half for the Vikes.  Too much pressure allowed.

i disagree.. Saints dominated Vikings in 2nd half on offense also.. they gave up over 23 points in 2nd half.. Brees was hardly touched in 4th quarter, threw three TDs.. .. as I said.. if it was not for the lucky pass.. we would be talking about 2nd half meltdown by Vikings.. and reminded of how Zims defenses have not shown up well in the playoffs as the DC of Bengals or head coach of Vikings majority of the time.... I like  Zim but this is plain truth
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 05:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i disagree.. Saints dominated Vikings in 2nd half on offense also.. they gave up over 23 points in 2nd half.. Brees was hardly touched in 4th quarter, threw three TDs.. .. as I said.. if it was not for the lucky pass.. we would be talking about 2nd half meltdown by Vikings.. and reminded of how Zims defenses have not shown up well in the playoffs as the DC of Bengals or head coach of Vikings majority of the time.... I like  Zim but this is plain truth

Right....like I said, Drew Brees.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 10:27 PM)WildCat Wrote: congrats to zim! been pulling for him. could also be the first team to host a superbowl. that would be sweet af!

People keep saying this, but in a way it has already happened.

People seem to forget that the 49ers played in a SB at Stanford.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 10:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: People keep saying this, but in a way it has already happened.

People seem to forget that the 49ers played in a SB at Stanford.
w
That's like 20 miles away......
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 09:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right....like I said, Drew Brees.

He was not facing Drew Brees last time his Vikings blew a two score lead in the fourth quarter of a playoff game.

He was not facing Drew Brees when his defenses folded in the second half of three playoff games with the Bengals.

I love Zim.  I am rooting for him to win the Super Bowl.  But the fact is that it took one of the worst plays by a defensive player I have ever seen in my life to save him from another huge choke job in the postseason.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was not facing Drew Brees last time his Vikings blew a two score lead in the fourth quarter of a playoff game.

He was not facing Drew Brees when his defenses folded in the second half of three playoff games with the Bengals.

I love Zim.  I am rooting for him to win the Super Bowl.  But the fact is that it took one of the worst plays by a defensive player I have ever seen in my life to save him from another huge choke job in the postseason.  

True. And it's equally as frustrating that it happened to a former coordinator, on another team, but can't seem to happen to the Bengals. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was not facing Drew Brees last time his Vikings blew a two score lead in the fourth quarter of a playoff game.

Totally the same sentiment ... im glad he won but he did not walk on water here as a DC in the playoffs for sure.... 
Reply/Quote

That's true, but he still has one before ol Mervy has......after 15 tries. Ninja

Still, Brees usually has the Saints in just about any game.....no one can deny that.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 11:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Totally the same sentiment ... im glad he won but he did not walk on water here as a DC in the playoffs for sure.... 

No one has in the playoffs here.  No one.

Reply/Quote