Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to the Oline
This was the best Ive seen Oline operate at home, the Ravens were totally ravaged with covid and injuries at corner and safety, so our WRs were open most of the day no doubt but their defense line was in decent shape so if we did not give Burrow the time to throw, it could have been different ball game with hitting those open Wrs.. With that many drop backs to just give up 3 sacks is a very good job by our line .

Now the test comes put in two good performances in a row especially at home.. lets hope they can.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This was the best Ive seen Oline operate at home, the Ravens were totally ravaged with covid and injuries at corner and safety, so our WRs were open most of the day no doubt but their defense line was in decent shape so if we did not give Burrow the time to throw, it could have been different ball game with hitting those open Wrs.. With that many drop backs to just give up 3 sacks is a very good job by our line .

Now the test comes put in two good performances in a row especially at home.. lets hope they can.

While they did fine, the OL performance against the Steelers was far superior and the best I had seen in years, if ever. Remember, Mixon had almost 200 yards and JB pretty much threw at will.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:09 PM)higgy100 Wrote: While they did fine, the OL performance against the Steelers was far superior and the best I had seen in years, if ever. Remember, Mixon had almost 200 yards and JB pretty much threw at will.

I thought it was overall solid, but saw Spain get steam rolled into backfield on one of 1st couple plays which really looked bad 
Also, did Fred Johnson start again at T or was it Adeniji? 
I still want upgrades at G and T next yr.....Joe B looks unstoppable if you give him a top 10 O line
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:09 PM)higgy100 Wrote: While they did fine, the OL performance against the Steelers was far superior and the best I had seen in years, if ever. Remember, Mixon had almost 200 yards and JB pretty much threw at will.

I just looked at the gravity of this game a bit more than Steelers and since that game i don;t think they line has protected Burrow as well... to drop back that much compared to the Steelers game and the lack of pressure overall on Burrow was impressive
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:24 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I thought it was overall solid, but saw Spain get steam rolled into backfield on one of 1st couple plays which really looked bad 
I still want upgrades at G and T next yr.....Joe B looks unstoppable if you give him a top 10 O line

Johnson did not play due to non-covid illness.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:24 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I thought it was overall solid, but saw Spain get steam rolled into backfield on one of 1st couple plays which really looked bad 

Prince started at T

Spain got absolutely trucked oh JB's first drop back, but he was a stone wall the rest of the day.

To be honest I vacillate between "blow it up" and "let it gel" when talking oline.

If we do make changes; I want them to be vets.  I was a HUGE James Daniels fan in the draft the year we took Billy price. He's scheduled to be a FA this year and has started at all 3 interior positions
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

I thought I saw Hopkins get steamrolled
Reply/Quote
Spain was getting clapped on a few passing snaps. Like, bad.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping they spend some of that FA money this year on OL. They've spent quite a bit on the defense, but not as much on the offense. Get a couple of good interior linemen and I think that will be just what this team needs to become elite.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 03:31 PM)Earendil Wrote: I'm hoping they spend some of that FA money this year on OL. They've spent quite a bit on the defense, but not as much on the offense.  Get a couple of good interior linemen and I think that will be just what this team needs to become elite.

agreed. I dont know who will be there in FA this yr but a quality to top tier G, C and T would do wonders. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 03:27 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Spain was getting clapped on a few passing snaps. Like, bad.

He allowed a total of 2 pressures the entire day. In a game where Burrow threw 46 times, and was running around extending plays as much as possible to stick it to the opposing team.

Reply/Quote
thankfully Burrow was masterful in dodging pressure in the pocket
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 05:40 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: thankfully Burrow was masterful in dodging pressure in the pocket

Burrow definitely escaped more than he caused yesterday, but that hasn’t been the case much of the year. Especially earlier in the season before he had his mobility back.

Reply/Quote
Hope this keeps up and we just keep improving. That is a good DL of the Ravens and as the OP said with Burrow
dropping back that many times to pass 3 sacks ain't bad. Burrow was fantastic yesterday maneuvering the pocket.

Was his best day so far as a pro in many aspects. Spain had a couple bad plays but overall he was good. Prince
playing well surprised me and gives me more confidence for the entire Offense as Fred Johnson played well against
the Broncos. Pollack is doing a good job with the backups and young guys.
Reply/Quote
Adeniji got schooled coming out of a timeout for an almost free rusher sack.
Reply/Quote
Ravens are 20th in sacks and had Justin Houston on the COVID list for the game.

OL still needs a ton of work. Burrow is still leading the league in sacks and the run game is 26th in YPC.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 08:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ravens are 20th in sacks and had Justin Houston on the COVID list for the game.

OL still needs a ton of work. Burrow is still leading the league in sacks and the run game is 26th in YPC.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 08:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ravens are 20th in sacks and had Justin Houston on the COVID list for the game.

True, still needs to improve big time. But I thought we were done after the Reiff injury. We aren't.
Reply/Quote