Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to the site/mods
Lost in the hubbub of a devastating loss is the fact that the old boards NEVER would have held up against what I'm sure was an absolute onslaught of posting/refreshing/other technological buzzwords I don't know.

It's been hella hectic, and the site is still here. So I'll take a second to thank the Mods and the Site for making sure we all have still a place to vent our frustrations over last night.
Reply/Quote
Rock On
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:55 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Lost in the hubbub of a devastating loss is the fact that the old boards NEVER would have held up against what I'm sure was an absolute onslaught of posting/refreshing/other technological buzzwords I don't know.

It's been hella hectic, and the site is still here. So I'll take a second to thank the Mods and the Site for making sure we all have still a place to vent our frustrations over last night.

The most users online at one time was 4,382 on Today at 01:56 AM

Booyah. Quadruple what the previous high was and my laptop never lagged once.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:55 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Lost in the hubbub of a devastating loss is the fact that the old boards NEVER would have held up against what I'm sure was an absolute onslaught of posting/refreshing/other technological buzzwords I don't know.

Yeah, the servers held up extremely well during a crazy time. Once the number of online users got to 3,000, then 4,000+, combined with the rapid fire posting and refreshing, I expected at least some lag or a little freezing at the very least, but it didn't happen at all. We're lucky to have a very good host with high quality servers, that can withstand that kind of action.
Reply/Quote