Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats
(09-18-2016, 08:03 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Check out the gameday thread. Wow. It's worse. 
Were they wrong?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So many excuses for why the Bengals lost but shouldn't have.

Enjoy 3rd place

The Ravens had to come back from potential one of the worst teams in NFL history, I don't think you will have to worry about us sitting in 3rd place for too long.

This league is Steelers and Bengals. Ravens might have a chance to be .500, but you are not a concern to anyone on these boards.

Congrats on beating the Bills and the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Were they wrong?

For the most part, yes. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:20 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: For the most part, yes. 

I didn't get to watch the whole game, and Iknowof at least 4 times the announcers pointed out a missed call.  Fans complain about that stuff.  All fans.  Even fans of Steeler fotball.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:02 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: About as I expected.   No yellow bitches man enough to admit they were helped by the refs.  Even some of their purple slaves coming to their defense.

Sad

Absolutely no one I have spoken with or interacted with today thinks that was a fumble at the end of the game.

Happy?

For the rest of the game the Steelers pretty much took it to the Bengals.  You can't keep kicking field goals and expect to win when the other team is scoring touchdowns.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:03 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Check out the gameday thread. Wow. It's worse. 

Anything in there about the one play where there were two DPI calls that could have been made against the Bengals in the end zone?  I bet not...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Anything in there about the one play where there were two DPI calls that could have been made against the Bengals in the end zone?  I bet not...

But I'll bet I could find something about that in a Steelers gameday thread.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Absolutely no one I have spoken with or interacted with today thinks that was a fumble at the end of the game.

Happy?

For the rest of the game the Steelers pretty much took it to the Bengals.  You can't keep kicking field goals and expect to win when the other team is scoring touchdowns.

"Took it to the Bengals"? What game were you watching?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Took it to the Bengals"? What game were you watching?

The one where the Bengals couldn't score touchdowns.  The one where the Steelers were leading the entire time.  The one where the Bengals showed no guts on a 4th and goal late in the game and kicked ANOTHER field goal.  The one where the Bengals *might* have scored but either it was too close to call or the brilliant coaching staff decided not to waste a challenge in a game where they hadn't scored a TD all game.

Bengals hung in there, but never had the advantage.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But I'll bet I could find something about that in a Steelers gameday thread.

Probably.  It was very obvious and occurred in front of one of those "best officials in the world" the NFL employees...part time.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: The one where the Bengals couldn't score touchdowns.  The one where the Steelers were leading the entire time.  The one where the Bengals showed no guts on a 4th and goal late in the game and kicked ANOTHER field goal.  The one where the Bengals *might* have scored but either it was too close to call or the brilliant coaching staff decided not to waste a challenge in a game where they hadn't scored a TD all game.

I actually agree with this here. I do think the Bengals were robbed of an 'opportunity' - key word - but still stings a little not being able to see the conclusion. We would have had to score and then also get the 2 point conversion. The fans lost out on an incredible ending as well.

The main reason we lost was red zone inefficiency. We absolutely stalled on the two drives in which we were moving the ball with ease. Also, I cannot stand that Marvin didn't challenge that CJ TD catch..Blown opportunity. 

Pittsburgh played better today - and TBH I was just happy we had a chance at the end with how poorly we were executing. We'll come ready to play week 15  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: The one where the Bengals couldn't score touchdowns.  The one where the Steelers were leading the entire time.  The one where the Bengals showed no guts on a 4th and goal late in the game and kicked ANOTHER field goal.  The one where the Bengals *might* have scored but either it was too close to call or the brilliant coaching staff decided not to waste a challenge in a game where they hadn't scored a TD all game.

You mean the one where the Bengals had more first downs, one less play, more total yards, more first downs more yards per play, and pitt had more rushing yards and 5 more minutes TOP? 

That game that came down to the wire as usual?

If that's the game you were watching, then we're on the same page. 

EDIT: I can't dispute the "no guts" part. It's a Marv staple. Sad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You mean the one where the Bengals had more first downs, one less play, more total yards, more first downs more yards per play, and pitt had more rushing yards and 5 more minutes TOP? 

That game that came down to the wire as usual?

If that's the game you were watching, then we're on the same page. 

EDIT: I can't dispute the "no guts" part. It's a Marv staple. Sad

5 more minutes TOP is enormous.

117 of those yards and 5 of those first downs came in garbage time against a prevent with the Steelers up by 15.  

Thats 25% of their first downs and 28% of their total yards in a little less than 5 minutes (8% of game time). 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:28 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: 5 more minutes TOP is enormous.

117 of those yards and 5 of those first downs came in garbage time against a prevent with the Steelers up by 15.  

No such thing as "garbage time" when you're playing 2 deep 'prevent' the whole game. 

Garbage time is when you're up two scores and there's 5 or less to go. 

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No such thing as "garbage time" when you're playing 2 deep 'prevent' the whole game. 

Garbage time is when you're up two scores and there's 5 or less to go. 

Garbage time. You know that clown was chewing on his nails in "garbage time". These people are just the worst. Steel City Mafia, homie. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:28 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: 5 more minutes TOP is enormous.

Thats 25% of their first downs and 28% of their total yards in a little less than 5 minutes (8% of game time). 

No it isn't.  That's 32:30 to 27:30.

I don't think you know what garbage time is.  The Bengals were down one score with the ball and over 3 minutes left.  When exactly was garbage time?

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No it isn't.  That's 32:30 to 27:30.

I don't think you know what garbage time is.  The Bengals were down one score with the ball and over 3 minutes left.  When exactly was garbage time?

yes 5 minutes TOP is big. Pay attention to differential in other games. 

The possession before that. With 5 minutes left and down by two scores. The one where they moved the ball 75 yards. You think the Bengals getting 28% in their total offensive yards in five minutes was solely their play? Then why didn't they do that the other 55 minutes of the game? 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:18 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Too bad you can't play Cincinnati 16 times in Pittsburgh.  Your d-line is terrible at pass rush and we didn't even need to hold.  Andy played like absolute garbage and we couldn't run worth of shit.  Yet when spotted 14 points and a missed review on a fumble you guys won by one score at home.  If I were you I'd be worried about how much longer before your luck runs out.  

Despite what any of you clowns say I KNOW you all KNOW you were gifted calls today, I also know you all lack any sense of integrity to admit it, even when it doesn't change a thing.  That'd be too much of a hit to your egos.  

I have never nor will I ever play Cinci in Pitt or anywhere else. Its not my D-line. I didn't win anything. Just saying. I didn't get to watch the game. Everyone at a Steeler board I visited said that definitely was not a fumble and the officiating was bad. They did say that the Bangles got some calls their way. Will you have any any sense of integrity to admit that? From the little I seen on the Red Zone, both teams played poorly. Not the end of the world.
Reply/Quote
Basically the Steelers were too tough Sad

Everyone else had easier schedules Sad
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 04:11 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: yes 5 minutes TOP is big. Pay attention to differential in other games. 

The possession before that. With 5 minutes left and down by two scores. The one where they moved the ball 75 yards. You think the Bengals getting 28% in their total offensive yards in five minutes was solely their play? Then why didn't they do that the other 55 minutes of the game? 

OK here they are:

39:12-20:48
30:51-29:09
30:59-29:01
32:51-27:09
34:07-25:53
35:54-24:03
36:46-23:14
33:59-26:01
30:03-29:57
30:57-29:03
34:52-25:08
32:45-27:15
30:41-29:19

8 of the other 13 games had a differential higher than 5 minutes. Last week, 9 of 15 games had a TOP differential of more than 5 minutes, and one of 4:46.
  And you still don't know what garbage time means.

Reply/Quote