Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congratulations Clark Harris-World Record
At the Pro Bowl festivities, our own Clark Harris set a Guinness World Record for the World's longest snap. It went 36 yards 8 inches. A record I am sure means absolutely nothing to anyone but him and the Guinness people but fun all the same. And if anyone set it, I am glad it was Clark!! Sounds like he is having a fun time.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-long-snapper-breaks-world-record-longest-snap-022347288.html?src=rss

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Just read about it a few minutes ago. I wonder, is this the first time they've ever tried long snapping distance at the Pro bowl?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow, we do not suck at something !

There is hope.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Now we just need a kicker willing to kick from such a distance and a holder who can handle snaps from 114 feet away routinely . I'm no mathematics professor ,but I think it's 114 feet  .
I will hang my head in shame and sob into my pillow for X amount of days if I'm wrong. . I won't be convinced till it's mentioned in Ripley's Believe it or not , the only one true authority of oddities.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
You know that somewhere there's a squeeler fan bragging because THEIR head coach picked him and simultaneously calling for his head on a platter for selecting him.. 
I can't believe Hobson hasn't written 9 pages about it yet . 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 12:02 PM)pally Wrote: At the Pro Bowl festivities, our own Clark Harris set a Guinness World Record for the World's longest snap.  It went 36 yards 8 inches. A record I am sure means absolutely nothing to anyone but him and the Guinness people but fun all the same.  And if anyone set it, I am glad it was Clark!!  Sounds like he is having a fun time.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-long-snapper-breaks-world-record-longest-snap-022347288.html?src=rss

That is actually pretty awesome...I would bet that 80% of the posters on this board cannot even throw a football 36 yards.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 04:33 PM)spazz70 Wrote: That is actually pretty awesome...I would bet that 80% of the posters on this board cannot even throw a football 36 yards.

Tbh, probably not. That's a pretty long throw for Joe Average, considering the best NFL QB's can only throw around 60 yards.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
My yard is approximately 50ft across. I can throw it to a friend, but the ball goes a little bit higher than I would hope (meaning I am not able to rifle it there). If we do simple mathematics, that is a 16.66 yard repeating throw. Based on this, I believe with an NFL sized football, I can throw it a maximum ~20 yards, and it would appear as a long bomb for me.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 01:53 PM)grampahol Wrote: Now we just need a kicker willing to kick from such a distance and a holder who can handle snaps from 114 feet away routinely . I'm no mathematics professor ,but I think it's 114 feet  .
I will hang my head in shame and sob into my pillow for X amount of days if I'm wrong. . I won't be convinced till it's mentioned in Ripley's Believe it or not , the only one true authority of oddities.. 

Au contraire, Monsieur Grampahol!

This means if the kicker is not confident he can make the FG, Huber can stand wherever he feels he needs to down in out the one instead of the touch back.  Think about it.  We can now conceivably punt from inside the red zone without a touch back!
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 04:33 PM)spazz70 Wrote: That is actually pretty awesome...I would bet that 80% of the posters on this board cannot even throw a football 36 yards.
 Could throw it that far, but know I could not hike it that far. 

Of course at my age after throwing my arm will be in a sling for a week. 

He is one of the players that interacts with fans on sideline. Will have to ask him about this record. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
So, does he get anything for this? I mean, at least a Tim Horton's gift card or somethin'?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

I can't even see that far ....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
At 58 my throwing arm is toast although a few years ago I was still able to throw a pretty good knuckle ball, but that was before I decided to pick up a big ass rock and rip a tendon somewhere in the old shoulder early in the spring.. Probably not the best idea I ever had that year..

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 06:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Au contraire, Monsieur Grampahol!

This means if the kicker is not confident he can make the FG, Huber can stand wherever he feels he needs to down in out the one instead of the touch back.  Think about it.  We can now conceivably punt from inside the red zone without a touch back!

Damn. And Marvin thought he had all the bases of chicken shit calls covered . You've set the bar higher.  lol

Reply/Quote
Congrats Clark.....that's pretty cool.  I did some longsnapping in high school, that's quite a feat.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 12:02 PM)pally Wrote: At the Pro Bowl festivities, our own Clark Harris set a Guinness World Record for the World's longest snap.  It went 36 yards 8 inches. A record I am sure means absolutely nothing to anyone but him and the Guinness people but fun all the same.  And if anyone set it, I am glad it was Clark!!  Sounds like he is having a fun time.

been trying to think of a situation where someone lines up 35 yards behind the center...
Reply/Quote

Me and my buddies can launch it... Will have to get one of them measuring tools to figure out how far the yard is.... Pretty sure it will be less than we like to imagine lol
Reply/Quote
A record of throwing the ball while bend over. I'm not sure it'll be something I'd like to brag about.. lol
Joke aside, that is great! I'll be honest, I never know or pay attention to know who our long snapper is, and when that happens, it is a good sign. The name should only be mentioned when something bad happens. Keep it hush but pay the man his deserved $$$$.

PS. Can we replace FG kickers with snappers in some situations, like...snapping a FG?
Reply/Quote
I know he's not built for the OL, but could Harris be a better center than Bodine?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 12:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: been trying to think of a situation where someone lines up 35 yards behind the center...

Well with our woes at FG goal kicking, probably from the opponent's 30 yard line, that way Huber can give it a full ride.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote