Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congratulations Evan McPherson
He was week 4 AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

I had some hopes for Vonn Bell to be Defensive Player with his 2 interceptions but alas they gave it to someone else

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 09:34 AM)pally Wrote: He was week 4 AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

I had some hopes for Vonn Bell to be Defensive Player with his 2 interceptions but alas they gave it to someone else

Poyer saw Bell's 2 INT and raised him more tackles and more Pdef. Poyer is absolutely going off this season.

Good for McPherson, though. Deserves a nice statistical bounce-back after a rough start to the season with all the long snapper problems.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Crap, does this mean we will have to pay him more???
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 09:50 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Crap, does this mean we will have to pay him more???

yep.....this is his 3rd time winning the award in 21 games.  Doug Pelfrey won 4 in his 7 year career

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 01:02 PM)pally Wrote: yep.....this is his 3rd time winning the award in 21 games.  Doug Pelfrey won 4 in his 7 year career

Crap, at this rate, we aren't even gonna be able to afford our kicker, guess we better prepare to draft another next year.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 02:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Crap, at this rate, we aren't even gonna be able to afford our kicker, guess we better prepare to draft another next year.  Ninja

Nah. They can just start selling naming rights to all the bathrooms on the different levels. People are in those things all the time. Perfect advertising spot.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 02:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. They can just start selling naming rights to all the bathrooms on the different levels. People are in those things all the time. Perfect advertising spot.

Whew, thought you were gonna suggest they charge for tp..
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 02:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Whew, thought you were gonna suggest they charge for tp..

Already built into the price of the ticket.  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The 57 yarder he made in the 4th quarter was as clutch as it comes.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Glad he's a Bengal !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
So important for this team.
Reply/Quote
Congratulations Evan
Reply/Quote
It's so nice not to have to reach the opponent's 30 yard line to feel good about a field goal try. What he does for the team is invaluable. And if it's the last play of a half or game, being at midfield is a potential 3. As others have said, so glad he's a Bengal. He would have easily been worth a third rounder (at this point that is) in retrospect, probably even a second.
Reply/Quote
McPherson is a great weapon to have. Don't recall a time where the Bengals had arguably the 2nd best kicker in the nfl. Unfortunately can't rate him over tucker.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 11:33 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: McPherson is a great weapon to have. Don't recall a time where the Bengals had arguably the 2nd best kicker in the nfl. Unfortunately can't rate him over tucker.

I whole heartedly agree that Tucker is the best in the business due to his body of work. However, are we sure that to be true?

It’s so darn close, which is impressive considering McPherson was a rookie.

McPherson a average made FG is 39.9 yards
tucker average is slightly better at 40.5

Average fg made in nfl history is 36.6 yards.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 02:56 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: considering McPherson is a rookie.

McPherson isn't a rookie.  This is his second season. That said yes I'm very happy with him. He is indeed a great kicker so far in his career and was a big factor in the Bengal's path to the Super Bowl last year.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 02:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. They can just start selling naming rights to all the bathrooms on the different levels. People are in those things all the time. Perfect advertising spot.

Yep - Put small advertising screens like at gas stations on the stall door so your brainwashed into buying a $10 beer, $9 Coney and $150 in the proshop while pooping. We can call it the shitter transmitter. 

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 03:03 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: McPherson isn't a rookie.  This is his second season. That said yes I'm very happy with him. He is indeed a great kicker so far in his career and was a big factor in the Bengal's path to the Super Bowl last year.

That was a typo. “ Was” a rookie.
Reply/Quote
Damn..does this mean I gotta buy roses for him too?
I might have to have a stern talking to with my FTD florist.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
He is a fantastic kicker! He will win this award so many times.
Reply/Quote