Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congratulations Jake Browning-AFC Offensive Player of the Week
Love this for him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good for him.  He's had a a good few days for sure.  Hopefully he continues what he started Monday, maybe grabs a few Fedex Air Player of the week awards along the way as well.  :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Remember when the team was stupid for letting that QB from WVU get claimed.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 03:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Remember when the team was stupid for letting that QB from WVU get claimed.

I remember that lol

Seriously Jake deserves it. Great game by him, accurate all night and played very smart with the ball. Keep it up Jake.

Let's go and grab a Playoff spot and anything can happen. Smirk
Reply/Quote
86.5 completion %.

5 incompletions
2 Drops
2 throw away
1 tipped pass

That’s legit.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 03:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I remember that lol

Seriously Jake deserves it. Great game by him, accurate all night and played very smart with the ball. Keep it up Jake.

FS1 (1)

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 04:11 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: 86.5 completion %.

5 incompletions
2 Drops
2 throw away
1 tipped pass

That’s legit.

Highest ever by any NFL QB in their first or second start.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 04:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: FS1 (1)

I looked at this for like 2 minutes trying to find Jake... only to realise he's at the top LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 05:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I looked at this for like 2 minutes trying to find Jake... only to realise he's at the top LOL

I did the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 03:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Seriously Jake deserves it. Great game by him, accurate all night and played very smart with the ball. Keep it up Jake.

Here's the thing. With Burrow injured, he can spend all his time with Jake and teaching him situational football. I bet he is doing that because Jake just looked too cool. Yes, he took a few hard sacks but again, not even Burrow has mastered avoiding the mistakes of the OL. Both also hold on to the ball too long. And no, I'm not comparing the 2 talent-wise, but damn, Jake looked great and I bet Burrow is helping him.

Reply/Quote
Well deserved. Very happy for him. Never gave up on himself, even though stayed in another player's house because not sure if he would even have a job. Worked hard during each offseason to improve. Shined under the brightest light of MNF and in an away game.

Going to be wild when greeted by the hometown fans on Sunday. He brought hope to a demoralized fanbase.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 05:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here's the thing. With Burrow injured, he can spend all his time with Jake and teaching him situational football. I bet he is doing that because Jake just looked too cool. Yes, he took a few hard sacks but again, not even Burrow has mastered avoiding the mistakes of the OL. Both also hold on to the ball too long. And no, I'm not comparing the 2 talent-wise, but damn, Jake looked great and I bet Burrow is helping him.

Browning was a 4.0 student who is very smart and knows the system. He HAS played a lot of football being a 4-year starter in college and a Heisman candidate. Burrow said he's there to help him any way he can, but looking at the tablet Browning sees the same things Burrow sees. What Burrow did tell him last year was to go see Jordan Palmer and work on his footwork, which he did. 
Reply/Quote
He deserved it, what a game. Shocked me for sure.
Reply/Quote
Amazing achievement and legitimately really happy for Browning here. Played his heart out and got league-wide recognition. That was an astounding win in Jax and Browning had an incredible game. Glad to see him get the nod for this.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 05:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here's the thing. With Burrow injured, he can spend all his time with Jake and teaching him situational football. I bet he is doing that because Jake just looked too cool. Yes, he took a few hard sacks but again, not even Burrow has mastered avoiding the mistakes of the OL. Both also hold on to the ball too long. And no, I'm not comparing the 2 talent-wise, but damn, Jake looked great and I bet Burrow is helping him.

Oh yeah, Burrow is helping him, the entire team is clearly behind him as well. Nice to see in what I thought was a lost season 
before this game. Things just got interesting with this game that our backup Jake Browning played. Dude is smart and I really 
like his personality, always have.
Reply/Quote
Lawd have mercy... What a turnaround for this dude.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 06:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh yeah, Burrow is helping him, the entire team is clearly behind him as well. Nice to see in what I thought was a lost season 
before this game. Things just got interesting with this game that our backup Jake Browning played. Dude is smart and I really 
like his personality, always have.

Honestly I was in the lose out and climb the draft board column. But I was thinking before the game that I would feel bad for the players if they just suffered thru the last bit of the season. Really good team win and that was the best part just seeing everyone rally together and alot of different guys making plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 07:01 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Honestly I was in the lose out and climb the draft board column. But I was thinking before the game that I would feel bad for the players if they just suffered thru the last bit of the season. Really good team win and that was the best part just seeing everyone rally together and alot of different guys making plays.

Yeah, I thought we would lose out myself, but Browning and the team have other ideas, good for them.
Reply/Quote
Jeff Blake:
6th in Heisman voting in 1991
Afterthought in the draft, fell to 6th round
Replaced an injured 1st overall pick QB for his 1st start
Initials J.B.
Threw for 354 yards in a 34-31 win in his 3rd start

Jake Browning:
6th in Heisman voting in 2016
Afterthought in draft, went undrafted
Initials J.B.
Threw for 354 yards in a 34-31 win in his 2nd start

Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 07:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Jeff Blake:
6th in Heisman voting in 1991
Undrafted
Initials J.B.
Threw for 354 yards in a 34-31 win in his 3rd start

Jake Browning:
6th in Heisman voting in 2016
Undrafted
Initials J.B.
Threw for 354 yards in a 34-31 win in his 2nd start

Mellow

That's trippy....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote