Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congratulations Kendric Pryor-Training Camp MVP
Will this prestigious reward translate into a slot on the 53? Maybe not, but for sure will earn him a spot on the practice squad. We on this board will spend the next year lamenting how much better the team would have been if only he was on the squad at WR 6 or 7.

I don't think any of us saw him coming and playing better than Lassiter.

Coming in as an UDFA, and not even the highest profile one, and doing everything right will keep him playing for the next season, even if on the PS.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 04:58 PM)pally Wrote: Will this prestigious reward translate into a slot on the 53?  Maybe not, but for sure will earn him a spot on the practice squad.  We on this board will spend the next year lamenting how much better the team would have been if only he was on the squad at WR 6 or 7.

Coming in as an UDFA, and not even the highest profile one, and doing everything right will keep him playing for the next season, even if on the PS.

Caught me by surprise. Never did that much for Wisconsin. Could be one of those gems that shine at the NFL level.

Taylor said he was one of the most improved players since springtime. This bodes well for his effort and attitude. If he doesn't make the Bengals 53, I hope he can make it onto the practice squad rather than some WR-needy team snatching him. I can see him getting playing time if any of those above him miss some games during the season.
Reply/Quote
The kid had a great camp / preseason for sure, and was fun to watch. Would love to see him make the roster.
Reply/Quote
I’ve been hoping that Pryor makes the 53.I saw where he ran a 4.38 in the forty,if that’s correct then this guy is a burner.4.38 in the 40 is super fast.But it’s not just the speed.This guy is very talented,and has a high ceiling IMO.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 04:58 PM)pally Wrote: Will this prestigious reward translate into a slot on the 53?  Maybe not, but for sure will earn him a spot on the practice squad.  We on this board will spend the next year lamenting how much better the team would have been if only he was on the squad at WR 6 or 7.

Where's the poll or article?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Believe he deserves to make the 53

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Be kind of idiotic to give him that award and not sign him to the roster. Basically announcing to the rest of the league, hey look at this player we really like that we’re trying to put on our practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 09:15 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Be kind of idiotic to give him that award and not sign him to the roster.  Basically announcing to the rest of the league, hey look at this player we really like that we’re trying to put on our practice squad.

Good point. Also makes him easy to sell to a team's fanbase. 
Reply/Quote

Awesome Pally, I really like this guy. Hope this isn't Nate's kiss of death as some have said to me, but I also wanted Jessie 
Bates, Logan Wilson, ADG, Evan McPherson before we drafted them....
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 09:15 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Be kind of idiotic to give him that award and not sign him to the roster.  Basically announcing to the rest of the league, hey look at this player we really like that we’re trying to put on our practice squad.

True that. I think Kendrick is a lock now.
Reply/Quote
Really glad we got Kendrick Pryor because the Bengals depth at WR was abysmal. He should be the first guy off the bench if one of the boundary guys goes down.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 11:12 PM)Synric Wrote: Really glad we got Kendrick Pryor because the Bengals depth at WR was abysmal. He should be the first guy off the bench if one of the boundary guys goes down.

Not me, Trent Taylor is the best 4th WR we have as far as route running and hands.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 11:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not me, Trent Taylor is the best 4th WR we have as far as route running and hands.

Taylor is a pure slot WR.  He wouldn't do well if asked to sub for Chase or Higgins.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 11:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: Taylor is a pure slot WR.  He wouldn't do well if asked to sub for Chase or Higgins.

Chase plays in the slot also. Taylor again is our best 4th WR when it comes to routes and hands.. that is what i want from a 4th WR..  I would not call Pryor a X Wr at 5'11 185
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 11:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Chase plays in the slot also. Taylor again is our best 4th WR when it comes to routes and hands.. that is what i want from a 4th WR.. 

Chase is an extraordinary talent a team will try to create mismatches for he can play any WR position on the field. Trent Taylor is a slot he is not going to blow by boundary corners or out muscle them. He survives with good routes, 2-way go, good quicks, and great hands. Pryor has the speed the play on the outside that Taylor lacks. He fits the Z role. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:04 AM)Synric Wrote: Chase is an extraordinary talent a team will try to create mismatches for he can play any WR position on the field. Trent Taylor is a slot he is not going to blow by boundary corners or out muscle them. He survives with good routes, 2-way go, good quicks, and great hands. Pryor has the speed the play on the outside that Taylor lacks. 

and Taylor has the better route and hands... i see that much more important as a 4th WR , Pryor does not have quickness that Taylor has... if Pryor makes the team, he comes in as 7th WR and see few reps.. taylor still won;t see alot either but will be more apt to be in on 3rd downs over pryor
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:07 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and Taylor has the better route and hands... i see that much more important as a 4th WR , Pryor does not have quickness that Taylor has... if Pryor makes the team, he comes in as 7th WR and see few reps.. taylor still won;t see alot either but will be more apt to be in on 3rd downs over pryor

You say because Pryor is 5-11 185-190 runs a 4.38 isnt fit on the outside but say 5-8 180-185 Trent Taylor who runs a 4.6 is? Yea No.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:10 AM)Synric Wrote: You say because Pryor is 5-11 185-190 runs a 4.38 he isnt fit on the outside but say 5-8 180-185 Trent Taylor who runs a 4.6 is? Yea No
I never said Taylor was an X,, but i would say pryor is a bit short as a X.. but again i stated Taylor is what i like as a 4th WR.. good routes, good hand, good to come in on 3rd down... he is the better WR as I see it and bengals seem to think the same with the depth chart... taylor has made the team i feel, pryor is still hoping to make the team.. I really don't think we need a 7th WR over other positions.. 7th WRs are a dime a dozen, of the last 3 WRs battling for 7th spot, 1 or 2 will make our practice squad and be an easy call up.. I rather have an extra Dline, Oline or LB than a 7th WR
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I never said Taylor was an X,, but i would say pryor is a bit short as a X..

Pryor is about the same size as guys like OBJ, Antonio Brown, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs etc...He's a rookie and needs to put on some muscle but he's tall enough to line up at any position at WR. Taylor on the other hand is not a guy your gonna put at X or Z on the boundary.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:19 AM)Synric Wrote: Pryor is about the same size as guys like OBJ, Antonio Brown, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs etc...He's a rookie and needs to put on some muscle but he's tall enough to line up at any position at WR. Taylor on the other hand is not a guy your gonna put at X or Z on the boundary.

Taylor is my guy to come in as 4th WR to give any of the top 3 a rest.. i want most dependable, best route runner in that position and I feel Taylor is it....  the NFL today is really less set on proto X Y Z anyway.... 

Im glad Pryor has a nice camp, but we can go back to many of these WRs playing against 2 to 4th strings and had solid camps that never amounted to much so im not going overhype the guy.. maybe he make it maybe he does not but in the end his position will not mean much for the success of this team.
Reply/Quote