Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations Money Mac
(11-24-2021, 02:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Numbers don't lie, Cards; he kicked 16 FGs in 16 games last year: it's been 10 and Evan has 18 kicked this year.

Again, as I wrote in the other thread, it's the most-baffling thing that he's stuck around so long, 'cause he isn't as good as his contemporaries in terms of consistency (Gould played in just as bad conditions in Chicago and he has a 5% higher percentage), he isn't as accurate from 50+ at 56.7%(Tucker has made more, while attempting less, Butker, Boswell, Gostowski, I can go on, all have better percentages from 50+) and alarmingly, he's 73rd all-time for XP% and that's even with playing the majority of his career when it was at the 2 yard line.

I would have to think he's a great locker room guy and a solid citizen (plus he would make Rodgers happy), but outside of that, EVERY team in the league has had a better kicker at some point, since he came in the league and I just can't figure out why he's stuck around so long.

It's a mystery and when it comes down to a position that is almost entirely based on numbers and efficiency (as opposed to a role player or 6th OL or something), the Packers could have done better for all of the 2010s.

A position solely based on numbers but does not take in account whether one is kicking in a Dome, beautiful southern weather or in the frozen tundra or factor in the distances attempted on stats given. 

Don't think there are any kickers active that stand up to Tuckers numbers either so that is no shocker. 

Gostkowski was drafted in the 4th round, he had better be great. Plus he is a baseball player too, and I dig that. 

Boswell is already on his 3rd team in 7 years but seems to have settled in at Pittsburgh finally.

Randy is not as good as you claim plain and simple and coaches seem to agree and move on quickly from him.  

Guessing you think Evan McPhearson is merely average only having a 83% success rate ? Let's just rule out that he attempts way more long ones than Fat Randy.

Plus if we look closer we see that Crosby has attempted 32 more FG's from 50 plus yards than Gostkowski in less seasons even ?
But that does not muddy stats up at all.  

Fat Randy went 7 seasons straight without making a 50 yard FG ? Has only attempted 28 in his career even. 
McPhearson has already attempted 25% of Randy's career attempts in only 10 games verse 9 and a half freakin seasons.  When Evan kicks his next 50 plus he will equal exactly half of what Randy has made in 9 plus seasons 

Boswell has only made 17 FG's of 50 plus yards  in 7 seasons and played in a Dome for a season even. Wow !

Butker is doing much better than the rest by comparison if you prorate out his numbers to Crosby's though. 

Crosby has made ...................42 out of 74 FG's of 50 plus yards,  ... 32 more attempts than anyone you've listed accept Tucker. 

Butker would prorate out at .....50 out of 74 FG's of 50 plus yards, ....  and is the only one I will concede to you except Tucker who nobody active matches up to really. 

Tucker we can probably all agree that he is the GOAT presently. He is the only one to make more than Crosby and in 5 less seasons even. Dude is a freak.

Maybe you think being forced to punt when 50 yard FG's comes up more often than not is what is best for success in the NFL yet I disagree and stand by my claim. 

Believe Crosby is way more than Rodgers friend or a great locker room presence myself, and Evan too. Not even going to bring up that strong legs are a nice luxury on kickoffs when needed as well. 

Lots of variables factor into what makes a great kicker and why some you listed get passed around from team to team like a drunk stripper in a frat house. 

We will not come eye to eye on this apparently and that's ok, so giving you the last word on this subject. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 07:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He didn't say anything and probably wouldn't. But when I see kickers knocking through consistently from distance in a game, them miss an extra point, I almost have to think it was a bad snap and hold. Kickers have bad days, but that usually shows itself throughout a game. One missed Xtra point, and I'm thinking bad hold. It happens.

He said it was his fault. Hit it late, hips open etc.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 10:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He said it was his fault. Hit it late, hips open etc.

And to think, usually in life those are good things.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2021, 10:48 AM)pally Wrote: Evan McPherson was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for the 2nd time this year

Let's see....you could argue that this 5th round player won the Vikings opener (really, it was the strip by Pratt), the Jags game in the final seconds, and helped solidify the win against the Raiders.  Sure, it would have been amazing to win that GB game (which probably would have been investigated as theft, because they probably shouldn't have even been in position to win that one, but I would have gladly taken it).  

Seriously, if he won that GB game...and one more big game kick of like 60 yards...Is there a special teams rookie of the year?  He should win it anyways.  

Love Money Mac (his choosing, but I love McFearless)!
Reply/Quote
money mac?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2021, 02:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: money mac?

The Money Mac will make ya Jump Jump

[Image: 0.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Well deserved.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote