Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations President Elect, Donald Trump!
(11-09-2016, 07:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The most surreal part of Trump winning is that I had to get up and schlep off to my job like any other day...the fact that I investigate the backgrounds of applicants for government positions for red flags and enchanced interview triggers such as "failure to pay taxes" and "sexual assault" made me chuckle bitterly to myself.

You can't make this stuff up, I tells ya!

Respect for the duty you hold.  However, take solace in the knowledge that you are now working for Government of all the people, rather than just Government for the kool kids..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
The bi-partisan elite's biggest fear is not that he'll do a bad job but that he'll do a good one. He may have changed the political climate for years to come.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(11-09-2016, 07:39 PM)McC Wrote: He beat two parties.

He sure did.  Now, I only hope that he holds true to his claims.  If not, at least we slowed the Leftist agenda by a few years, at least.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-09-2016, 03:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/stocks-bounce-back-from-nosedive-as-trump-victory-begins-to-sink-in/ar-AAk4Oju?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Seems that the market even made a rather speedy recovery.  Dow jumps 200 points.

Oh, no.  You mean the world didn't end?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(11-09-2016, 07:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Respect for the duty you hold.  However, take solace in the knowledge that you are now working for Government of all the people, rather than just Government for the kool kids..

I am not salty about the result, at least not as much as some. I just find this comment funny being that it is made about a candidate that failed to achieve a plurality of the votes, let alone a majority. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-09-2016, 08:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am not salty about the result, at least not as much as some. I just find this comment funny being that it is made about a candidate that failed to achieve a plurality of the votes, let alone a majority. Ninja

Apparently all the people are either working class whites or rich whites. Ninja
(11-09-2016, 08:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am not salty about the result, at least not as much as some. I just find this comment funny being that it is made about a candidate that failed to achieve a plurality of the votes, let alone a majority. Ninja

That's what I was going to say, but I think "THE PEOPLE" refers to people sans college education.  Nothing in America counts until "working class" people sanction it.  
(11-09-2016, 06:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The dude couldn't select a board of advisors to stop his multiple bankruptcies, but I'm sure he'll do a hell of a job picking people to run the country efficiently. As soon as he bans gay marriage or disrupts funding to Planned Parenthood, he'll be spitting in the face of the people, not enacting their will.

ahhh, yes, that's the kind of butthurt fear-mongering I'd hoped to see in the wake of a Trump win...thanks for lulz
--------------------------------------------------------

(11-09-2016, 08:39 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: ahhh, yes, that's the kind of butthurt fear-mongering I'd hoped to see in the wake of a Trump win...thanks for lulz

Meh, if it's fair to assume that Hillary was going to be 4-8 years of the same ol' corrupt status quo I think it's safe to assume that Trump may have a hard time changing his stripes, as well.
(11-09-2016, 08:39 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: ahhh, yes, that's the kind of butthurt fear-mongering I'd hoped to see in the wake of a Trump win...thanks for lulz

Stating facts isn't fear mongering unless those facts give people a legitimate reason to be afraid.

Put the shovel down before you hurt yourself.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(11-09-2016, 08:32 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Apparently all the people are either working class whites or rich whites. Ninja
Well we've been told for years that the middle class is disappearing. Perhaps they are gone now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(11-09-2016, 11:05 PM)jason Wrote: Well we've been told for years that the middle class is disappearing. Perhaps they are gone now.

Good riddance! *

*I'm assuming I'll magically be ascending to the ranks of the elite
Trump having been through bankrupcy may actually help us, since that is the very situation that we are presently in.

Debt can't expand forever, nor the servicing of that debt.

Don't believe for a second that this economy is in good shape because its not.

Trump is about to find out the depth of the pile of s@%$ he is standing in.

Trump brought up the terrible condition of the economy and bubbles within the economy but he's about to be given the whole picture. Yikers.

Congratulation President Elect Trump and here you go.
(11-09-2016, 11:33 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Trump having been through bankrupcy may actually help us, since that is the very situation that we are presently in.

Debt can't expand forever, nor the servicing of that debt.

Don't believe for a second that this economy is in good shape because its not.

Trump is about to find out the depth of the pile of s@%$ he is standing in.

Trump brought up the terrible condition of the economy and bubbles within the economy but he's about to be given the whole picture. Yikers.

Congratulation President Elect Trump and here you go.

Ehh, we just keep kicking the proverbial can down the road.  
(11-09-2016, 07:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Respect for the duty you hold.  However, take solace in the knowledge that you are now working for Government of all the people, rather than just Government for the kool kids..

As long as you're not gay and want to get married to another gay person, on welfare, want a legal abortion, etc...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-09-2016, 03:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's working out pretty well for me, so far.  I was tired, going into work this morning, from staying up to watch election results.  Turns out that the boss was so happy with Trump winning, he gave us the afternoon off today.

Thank you, Mr. Trump!

I hope things move in a positive direction.

For me it got started off in the opposite. As I mentioned in another thread, it's likely Trump will undo Obama's action on overtime laws. My company had planned to hire several dozen new workers because it would be cheaper than paying overtime. 

This morning they halted that plan "indefinitely." 

I end up having to put in a lot of overtime because my employees are already working over 60 hours, diluting their wages to ridiculous amounts. It's hard to convince someone with a degree to work for 70 hours at what figures out to about $12 an hour. One of the last sales managers I had quit after a month. She could make more as a waitress working four nights a week, she said, because at least she didn't have to pay taxes.
(11-09-2016, 03:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's working out pretty well for me, so far.  I was tired, going into work this morning, from staying up to watch election results.  Turns out that the boss was so happy with Trump winning, he gave us the afternoon off today.

Thank you, Mr. Trump!

With pay?
(11-09-2016, 11:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: As long as you're not gay and want to get married to another gay person, on welfare, want a legal abortion, etc...

Again, I'm starting to think "THE PEOPLE" means straight white men, their wives/gfs/baby mamas, who are uncolleged.  It's like listening to a good band with a crappy drummer and being like "YEAH, they drummer man, he plays simple.  No frills.  Keeps it in the pocket.  None of that fancy crap.  Subtle.  Rock solid!"

Anyways, it seems the hard working, blue collar American populace found another born-rich bazillionaire from the Northeast who was handed more money than they could ever make working dawn til dusk til they drop dead to represent them. Kudos.

(11-10-2016, 12:14 AM)Benton Wrote: I hope things move in a positive direction.

For me it got started off in the opposite. As I mentioned in another thread, it's likely Trump will undo Obama's action on overtime laws. My company had planned to hire several dozen new workers because it would be cheaper than paying overtime. 

This morning they halted that plan "indefinitely." 

I end up having to put in a lot of overtime because my employees are already working over 60 hours, diluting their wages to ridiculous amounts. It's hard to convince someone with a degree to work for 70 hours at what figures out to about $12 an hour. One of the last sales managers I had quit after a month. She could make more as a waitress working four nights a week, she said, because at least she didn't have to pay taxes.

Not paying taxes = genius
(11-10-2016, 12:31 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: With pay?

That is confidential information.  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-10-2016, 08:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is confidential information.  
Oh, Lord, slacking off and taking handouts!  LOL