Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congratulations Steelers
Well played. Your team came through for you. They didn't do anything particularly special, just took advantage of mismatches to due injuries. I'm pretty confident, that had Dalton not broke his thumb, that this game was shaping up to be a shootout of epic proportions. As it stands, our teams are even with each other on the season, thus setting the table for a grudge match in the playoffs. Should the Steelers make the playoffs, of course.

Anyway, enjoy the day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well played.  Your team came through for you.  They didn't do anything particularly special, just took advantage of mismatches to due injuries.  I'm pretty confident, that had Dalton not broke his thumb, that this game was shaping up to be a shootout of epic proportions.  As it stands, our teams are even with each other on the season, thus setting the table for a grudge match in the playoffs.  Should the Steelers make the playoffs, of course.

Anyway, enjoy the day.

Enjoying the day for sure. Steelers control their own destiny by winning out. A tough road indeed, but its been done before. In 2005 they were 7-5 and ran the table all the way to the SB.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: Enjoying the day for sure. Steelers control their own destiny by winning out. A tough road indeed, but its been done before. In 2005 they were 7-5 and ran the table all the way to the SB.

OMG...will living in the past ever end? 

I'm gonna have a good chuckle the next time some Steelers fan complains about a Bengals fan bring up Kimo V Palmer.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well played.  Your team came through for you.  They didn't do anything particularly special, just took advantage of mismatches to due injuries.  I'm pretty confident, that had Dalton not broke his thumb, that this game was shaping up to be a shootout of epic proportions.  As it stands, our teams are even with each other on the season, thus setting the table for a grudge match in the playoffs.  Should the Steelers make the playoffs, of course.

Anyway, enjoy the day.

The Bengals D held its own given the injuries.

When the other team is short handed I always wonder how that affects the play calling. for example would the Steelers have tried to force more deep balls if they needed to score more?

However it worked out it is certainly shaping up to be a nail biter down the stretch!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Anyway, enjoy the day.

This^

Also, I had sex with all of your mothers and most of your wives. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Ugly game by the Bengals. Congrats on your team ending the game with the W. God, I hate you all...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: OMG...will living in the past ever end? 

I'm gonna have a good chuckle the next time some Steelers fan complains about a Bengals fan bring up Kimo V Palmer.

My bringing up the past wasn't just for the sake of bringing up the past Rfaulk. I brought it up because the situation the Steelers are in now is identical to that situation.

I suspect you're upset at me bringing up the past because you're afraid that these Steelers could very well repeat the past. Am I wrong?
Reply/Quote

Anyway, enjoy the day.

I agree, the better team won today. Oh and hopefully Mitchell gets his as a real cheap shot on Eifert today
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 09:01 PM)Vlad Wrote: My bringing up the past wasn't just for the sake of bringing up the past Rfaulk. I brought it up because the situation the Steelers are in now is identical to that situation.

I suspect you're upset at me bringing up the past because you're afraid that these Steelers could very well repeat the past. Am I wrong?

Your offense is great and your defense blows beyond blowing

This is funny how every time the Steelers are playing well, but their back is up against the wall some delusional Steeler's fan thinks of 2005. I assure you this Steeler's defense sucks too bad to get close to a Super Bowl, we had guys running wide open all day, but our back up QB does not see the field well yet
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 09:01 PM)Vlad Wrote: My bringing up the past wasn't just for the sake of bringing up the past Rfaulk. I brought it up because the situation the Steelers are in now is identical to that situation.

Yes. 

I'm fearless.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Oh thanks Sunset. I didn't say congrats, and I do try to be a good sport. Congrats Steelers. No excuses. I wasn't thrilled with our chances before Andy was hurt so not going to act like they would have won. Kind of a cheap shot by your d lineman running into Andy's thumb with his knee though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 10:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh thanks Sunset.  I didn't say congrats, and I do try to be a good sport.  Congrats Steelers.  No excuses.  I wasn't thrilled with our chances before Andy was hurt so not going to act like they would have won.  Kind of a cheap shot by your d lineman running into Andy's thumb with his knee though.

Are we even?

Let's see the Steelers took out Carson and Dalton, the Bengals took out Heath Miller and LaVeon Bell.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 10:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, the better team won today. Oh and hopefully Mitchell gets his as a real cheap shot on Eifert today
Better team won today, but might have gone different if Andy hadn't gotten hurt.

Like I recently started a thread about, Mike Mitchell is a straight-up punk.  He's tarnishing the Steelers' "good name," but no one will say anything because it's the Steelers.
(12-13-2015, 10:37 PM)Vlad Wrote:  Are we even?

Let's see the Steelers took out Carson and Dalton, the Bengals took out Heath Miller and LaVeon Bell.

Really?!  You think taking out two franchise quarterbacks, versus taking out a running back (granted that he's one of the best, but QBs are more important and both of ours were/are pretty damn good) and taking out a 33-year-old tight end is the same?
Reply/Quote
Dude, Bell's tackle was legal. It's not even close with Palmer and Eifert. No, the better team did not win today.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Mooning

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Injuries finally got the best of us. Steelers took advantage as they should have. That's what good teams do.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 04:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Better team won today, but might have gone different if Andy hadn't gotten hurt.

Like I recently started a thread about, Mike Mitchell is a straight-up punk.  He's tarnishing the Steelers' "good name," but no one will say anything because it's the Steelers.

Really?!  You think taking out two franchise quarterbacks, versus taking out a running back (granted that he's one of the best, but QBs are more important and both of ours were/are pretty damn good) and taking out a 33-year-old tight end is the same?

Yes, hitting that guy who had just caught the ball was something that should never happen in the NFL.   :angry:

"Taking out" two franchise QB's? 

Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 10:37 PM)Vlad Wrote:  Are we even?

I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm. Typical steeler fan. No offense to the 2 or 3 that are community residents.  Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 04:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Better team won today, but might have gone different if Andy hadn't gotten hurt.

Brad pretty sure they didn't take Dalton out. Freak accident like the bell tackle. Eifert? Frig yea it was dirty :angry:
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 10:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yes, hitting that guy who had just caught the ball was something that should never happen in the NFL.   :angry: 

"Taking out" two franchise QB's? 

Hilarious
Yes, hitting a defensiveness receiver in the head shouldn't ever happen, especially from a piece of trash like Mitchell.

You didn't take out Dalton (he is a franchise QB, though), but you did take out one of the best TEs in the league and he's one of the keys to our offense this season.
Reply/Quote