Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations
Good for Allen. Always have to be happy for a journeyman fringe guy when he gets his moment in the spotlight and does well.

Atkins is really bittersweet. I know he toughed it out and whatnot, but they REALLY should have just convinced the guy to get surgery. Playing with one arm wasn't really helpful and he's gotten surgery anyway. I just don't see how that was ever a good plan to keep him around as limited as he was when he clearly needed to go under the scalpel and just get it fixed.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 07:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Brandon Allen had been on the practice squad all season while Finley was on the active roster as the #2 QB.

If Brandon Allen had been the #2 QB he would have been on the active roster so he could have played when Burrow got injured.

I guess I don’t know if he was on the practice squad or the active roster. From what I could tell it sounded like Hobson was saying he was their backup in case of a Burrow injury, but was being quarantined to protect him. Then once the Washington game was over he was immediately named the starter. That seemed to prove this line of thinking. You can argue about whether they should have kept him on the PS or roster. It’s all good though. It worked out. Nothing to get too bent out of shape about.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 07:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand?  Wasn't BA always in the QB room anyway?  Don't all the practice squad players attend meetings and practice just like all the other players?

What is the point of having your best back up QB not available to play if the starter gets injured?

They kept BA out of the building. Pretty sure they are currently doing the same with Kevin Hogan. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 07:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Brandon Allen had been on the practice squad all season while Finley was on the active roster as the #2 QB.

If Brandon Allen had been the #2 QB he would have been on the active roster so he could have played when Burrow got injured.

Only you could turn a thread congratulating a couple players into an argument.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 01:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Only you could turn a thread congratulating a couple players into an argument.

Wasn't me.  It was this guy.

(12-30-2020, 05:58 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: He must have some great coaching this year allowing him to succeed like he did....  

And I still say there is a huge difference between "emergency quarantine QB" and "#2 QB".  I did some research and found that some other teams also had protocol for "emergency quarantine QBs", but NONE of them were the #2 QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 01:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Only you could turn a thread congratulating a couple players into an argument.

He's just salty Andy didn't win. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I love this. As Fred mentioned, for a guy who's been shuffled around to keep grinding and play with the heart BA has for the Bengals this year is just awesome.

I also think it's pretty funny that Taylor brought this guy in to be the super special quarantine QB who wasn't allowed around the guys, wasn't ever supposed to see the field unless the team was totally screwed with COVID and then ended up playing lights out compared to Zac's golden boy Finley.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He's just salty Andy didn't win. 

Well... He did kinda win the head to head matchup.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 05:41 PM)pally Wrote: 1) Brandon Allen won FedEx Air Player of the week over our ex-own Red Rifle and the GOAT

Congrats to BA, at the risk of getting the thread back on track.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean the coach who thought Ryan Finley was better than him?   Hilarious 

Houston's defense ranks 31st in passer rating allowed.  I think that had more to do with it than anything else.

Weren’t you saying Finley was Tobins pick or some other unnamed source

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

It must feel pretty humiliating to be replaced by a practice squad player.
Reply/Quote