Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connor Williams in round 2?
I think this would be a safe pick that still has high upside. We could try him at RT and if it doesn't pan out we slide him over to RG and still get a solid player. I am not sure he makes it to us but I'd be pumped to get him here in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think this would be a safe pick that still has high upside. We could try him at RT and if it doesn't pan out we slide him over to RG and still get a solid player. I am not sure he makes it to us but I'd be pumped to get him here in the 2nd.

I still see him as a risk even if he's healthy.  I understand your thought process though he could probably play Right Guard or right tackle.  I wouldn't be upset with the pic unless somebody else is there like Hernandez, Hurst, Phillips, even Ronnie Harrison.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:49 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I still see him as a risk even if he's healthy.  I understand your thought process though he could probably play Right Guard or right tackle.  I wouldn't be upset with the pic unless somebody else is there like Hernandez, Hurst, Phillips, even Ronnie Harrison.

Yea, my thought is he is a possibility to actually reach us. I think Hernandez goes to the Giants at 34.
Reply/Quote
I would actually love Connor Williams in round 2. High upside that could be a starting RT and insurance at LT in a pinch. Could also be our starting RG if Jake Fisher/OGB can play RT this year.
Reply/Quote
I drafted him in my final mock draft in the 2nd round. I'd definitely take the chance there. This time last year, he was considered a top 10 lock. I know that doesn't mean anything now, with more information, but he has a lot of really nice qualities about him.
Reply/Quote
Would like it. Guy was on pace to be a Top 10 pick before this season and I think he could be a starter at RG or RT. Think the Browns would take Williams with one of there two picks but you never know.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Hurst is gone
Reply/Quote
I think Williams would do well on the Right side. He's a strong run blocker, and fits the "mean streak" mold just like Billy Price.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 05:07 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Hurst is gone

No, Maurice Hurst the DT isn’t.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 07:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, Maurice Hurst the DT isn’t.

Rumors are that some teams completely removed him from their boards. I guess it depends if our doctors cleared him.

I’d have no complaints with Williams in the second. He’d add something to that right side of the line.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 07:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, Maurice Hurst the DT isn’t.

“I was checking the inline specs on the rotary grdrrrrrr I’m ********” -Chris Farley Tommy Boy
Reply/Quote