Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Construction Of The Wall Has Started
(04-10-2018, 07:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you're mad that we're spending money in the country to help protect our country?

I also can't believe that people don't see the principle behind securing our borders and not allowing illegal immigrants to take advantage of us.

To the bold: I'm livid. I'm furious. I'm incensed at the stupidity of the wall. But don't misunderstand, it's got nothing to do with helping protect our country. It's like when I get mad, livid, furious and incensed at the stupidity of spending $500 billion in "defense" every year. Or that the government spends about as much on healthcare and tens of millions of people still have no affordable healthcare.

Yes I'm mad we're even contemplating spending a tenth of what we're likely to spend on the wall, much like I'd be mad if we brought back other outdated wastes of money. Building the wall for $70 billion is like the Department of Health and Human Services lobbying Medicaid to spend $70 prescribing everyone who is ill leeches or heroin. We have technology that can track people in the middle of the desert at night, but we're going to spend billions on a method that can't keep rabbits out of a garden?

Seriously, why are you not mad?

As far as the rest, I've said it a jillion times: fund existing agencies, encourage wage increases and enforce existing laws.... BAM, immigration will fix itself in less than a decade. No shit. It will be solved if we start funding agencies to process applications and regulate the process. Why? Because the 200-300,000 people estimated crossing will have an incentive to come here legally. Or not. Either way, they'll have an answer. And if you enforce existing laws requiring employers to check status, you'll have a lot fewer immigrants. Why? Because then there's no incentive. They come here for work, not that nonsensical picture Trump painted of hordes of Mexicans raping and robbing their way across the country. No, the overwhelming majority are here because you can make $8 an hour cash from the right employer, who is super happy to not pay taxes on you provided he's getting your labor at half off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-10-2018, 06:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yes. I'm not ok with actual invasions. 

The good, decent, normal, hard working blue collar American citizen would disagree.
(04-10-2018, 11:21 PM)Benton Wrote: To the bold: I'm livid. I'm furious. I'm incensed at the stupidity of the wall. But don't misunderstand, it's got nothing to do with helping protect our country. It's like when I get mad, livid, furious and incensed at the stupidity of spending $500 billion in "defense" every year. Or that the government spends about as much on healthcare and tens of millions of people still have no affordable healthcare.

Yes I'm mad we're even contemplating spending a tenth of what we're likely to spend on the wall, much like I'd be mad if we brought back other outdated wastes of money. Building the wall for $70 billion is like the Department of Health and Human Services lobbying Medicaid to spend $70 prescribing everyone who is ill leeches or heroin. We have technology that can track people in the middle of the desert at night, but we're going to spend billions on a method that can't keep rabbits out of a garden?

Seriously, why are you not mad?

As far as the rest, I've said it a jillion times: fund existing agencies, encourage wage increases and enforce existing laws.... BAM, immigration will fix itself in less than a decade. No shit. It will be solved if we start funding agencies to process applications and regulate the process. Why? Because the 200-300,000 people estimated crossing will have an incentive to come here legally. Or not. Either way, they'll have an answer. And if you enforce existing laws requiring employers to check status, you'll have a lot fewer immigrants. Why? Because then there's no incentive. They come here for work, not that nonsensical picture Trump painted of hordes of Mexicans raping and robbing their way across the country. No, the overwhelming majority are here because you can make $8 an hour cash from the right employer, who is super happy to not pay taxes on you provided he's getting your labor at half off.

The wall is a defense mechanism. It’s should be all military for home defense. Time we pulled back from the world and set up shop on the southern border. At least our money can be spent here.
Follow the money.
(04-10-2018, 11:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The good, decent, normal, hard working blue collar American citizen would disagree.

I make my opinions based on reason and logic not unfounded nativist fears.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-10-2018, 11:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Except if you'd look at it, you'd realize that there's mountains, rivers, and other natural obstacles that cover a lot of the border, meaning that the wall isn't needed in those areas, and other areas (that aren't covered by the 700 to 900 miles of wall) will have tech-based solutions.

Sounds like pretty close to a fulfillment of a campaign promise (and one that will get the job done) and working to make it all happen.

Adding 0 miles isn't "pretty close" to his downgraded promise of 700. It sure as hell isn't in the ballpark of the original 2,000. 

(04-11-2018, 09:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I make my opinions based on reason and logic not unfounded nativist fears.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-10-2018, 11:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The good, decent, normal, hard working blue collar American citizen would disagree.

If they're so good, decent, normal, hard working why did Trump choose to hire law-breaking invaders instead of them?  
(04-10-2018, 11:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Except if you'd look at it, you'd realize that there's mountains, rivers, and other natural obstacles that cover a lot of the border, meaning that the wall isn't needed in those areas, and other areas (that aren't covered by the 700 to 900 miles of wall) will have tech-based solutions.

Sounds like pretty close to a fulfillment of a campaign promise (and one that will get the job done) and working to make it all happen.

VERY close.  In fact, once the existing wall is repaired and replaced, as scheduled before Trump, I will consider his campaign promise fulfilled and America finally safe.
(04-11-2018, 12:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If they're so good, decent, normal, hard working why did Trump choose to hire law-breaking invaders instead of them?  

Morals  and ethics don't count on the bottom line!   Smirk
(04-11-2018, 09:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I make my opinions based on reason and logic not unfounded nativist fears.

But nativist fears are NOT unfounded.  Just drink some of this koolaid and then listen to these guys. 
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediadc.brightspotcdn...645507.jpg]
(04-11-2018, 09:36 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Adding 0 miles isn't "pretty close" to his downgraded promise of 700. It sure as hell isn't in the ballpark of the original 2,000. 

Hilarious how you ignore what I post because it doesn't fit your agenda even though it's right in front of you for you and everyone to see.

He's not adding on to what's not working, but he's building a wall of 700 to 900 miles (which, again, like I said, you just use the 700 because it fits better in your agenda) and the rest will be either covered by natural boundaries or video surveillance (which you ignored again).  
(04-11-2018, 04:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious how you ignore what I post because it doesn't fit your agenda even though it's right in front of you for you and everyone to see.

He's not adding on to what's not working, but he's building a wall of 700 to 900 miles (which, again, like I said, you just use the 700 because it fits better in your agenda) and the rest will be either covered by natural boundaries or video surveillance (which you ignored again).  

What you are ignoring Brad is that there is no "adding on" of anything.  Where there are currently structures in place they are being repaired or replaced.  Something long in the works.
(04-11-2018, 04:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious how you ignore what I post because it doesn't fit your agenda even though it's right in front of you for you and everyone to see.

I'm not ignoring anything. We are replacing existing walls. That's a net gain of zero mileage. 

So far there is no legislation to address his 2000 900 700 mile wall that Mexico is paying for we are funding through taxes.

Every time he pisses in a pot, you call it a bottle of champagne. There's nothing in this story that comes close to actually building his wall.

(04-10-2018, 07:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Delusional?  How many illegal immigrants come into this country a year and how much tax payer money does each of them use for things like hospitals, prisons, etc.?  

This site says that illegal immigrants cost taxpayers 113 billion, so slowing down that number from increasing seems worth it and like the wall will end up paying for itself.
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/mark-browne/report-visa-overstays-more-common-illegal-border-entries-mexicans-most
According to the report, more undocumented residents in the U.S. arrived with a visa and then overstayed, than crossed the U.S.-Mexico border illegally in every year since 2007.

It said that illegal southern border crossings made up less than 40 percent “of all undocumented arrivals since 2010, and just one-third of arrivals in 2014,” 
(04-11-2018, 05:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not ignoring anything. We are replacing existing walls. That's a net gain of zero mileage. 

So far there is no legislation to address his 2000 900 700 mile wall that Mexico is paying for we are funding through taxes.

Every time he pisses in a pot, you call it a bottle of champagne. There's nothing in this story that comes close to actually building his wall.

The existing "walls" are just fences that aren't stopping anything!

We're building a wall that is longer than the fencing that's there now.  

Quote:“It’s 18 feet high. The bollards are filled with concrete. You got rebar running up inside. It goes six feet underground and two feet of concrete on top of that,”

Quote:Eight prototypes of the border wall were completed in San Diego in October. The prototypes — four made of concrete and four of see-through steel — are about 30 feet high, much taller than existing barriers.
“It’s 18 feet high. The bollards are filled with concrete. You got rebar running up inside. It goes six feet underground and two feet of concrete on top of that,” says El Paso Sector Chief Aaron Hull. “A wall isn’t designed to stop everybody. But you would have to be one of the more determined illegal aliens to scale it, get through it or dig under it.”

Who can imagin the amount of determination it would require to go to Wal Mart and buy a couple of 18 foot ladders?

But at least the high tech video surveillence will catch them when they try that.....oh wait.....never mind.
(04-11-2018, 07:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: “It’s 18 feet high. The bollards are filled with concrete. You got rebar running up inside. It goes six feet underground and two feet of concrete on top of that,” says El Paso Sector Chief Aaron Hull. “A wall isn’t designed to stop everybody. But you would have to be one of the more determined illegal aliens to scale it, get through it or dig under it.”

Who can imagin the amount of determination it would require to go to Wal Mart and buy a couple of 18 foot ladders?

But at least the high tech video surveillence will catch them when they try that.....oh wait.....never mind.

Wait, they have Wal Marts in Mexico?  Why can't those Mexicans just stay in their own country and work there, then?  Anyways, I don't see why we are settling for an 18 foot wall when we can make it more like 80 feet high.  

Here are the reasons we should make an 80 foot high wall:
1. it will stop more illegals
2. the bigger the wall is the more people will remember Trump for building it
3. the bigger the wall is the more butthurt liberals will get
4. Mexico is paying for it anyways, so why settle for anything but the best?  Who cares how big the bill we send them is?
(04-11-2018, 10:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, they have Wal Marts in Mexico?  Why can't those Mexicans just stay in their own country and work there, then? 

Exactly, Mexico is the 15th largest economy in the world ahead of such countries as:

Turkey
Netherlands
Switzerland
Sweden
Poland
Belgium
Egypt

and numerous others.

But if you buy into the rhetoric from the left:These poor folks are just trying to escape the mass genocide and 3rd world conditions of a country that has no future. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-11-2018, 06:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The existing "walls" are just fences that aren't stopping anything!

We're building a wall that is longer than the fencing that's there now.  

When we start building walls in places where there weren’t already walls, we can start talking about his promise.