Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Construction Of The Wall Has Started
(04-11-2018, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly, Mexico is the 15th largest economy in the world ahead of such countries as:

Turkey
Netherlands
Switzerland
Sweden
Poland
Belgium
Egypt

and numerous others.

But if you buy into the rhetoric from the left:These poor folks are just trying to escape the mass genocide and 3rd world conditions of a country that has no future. 

Meh, if you buy into the rhetoric from the right this country was a communist fascist hell hole until Trump got elected.  But I digress, there has to be a reason people are willing to illegally come here to work for someone like Trump for a fraction of what an honest American would make if someone like Trump wanted to hire him.  Mexico can't be that swell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-11-2018, 09:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I make my opinions based on reason and logic not unfounded nativist fears.

It’s not our job to take care of everyone else’s poor and helpless. Sorry but USC got priority. Unless you are willing to cut all social safety nets for everyone. You certainly can’t have open borders plus a safety net.
(04-11-2018, 11:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: When we start building walls in places where there weren’t already walls, we can start talking about his promise.

Once again, there weren't walls anywhere else.  There was fencing that wasn't stopping anything.

Like always, though, you ignore the facts to fit your agenda.
(04-11-2018, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly, Mexico is the 15th largest economy in the world ahead of such countries as:

Turkey
Netherlands
Switzerland
Sweden
Poland
Belgium
Egypt

and numerous others.

Yeah well, but that's just because Mexico is a way larger country than these states. Especially Belgium, Netherlands, Siwtzerland... they are tiny, how big can the economy get. In GDP per capita, Mexico ranks around place 60 (according to wikipedia). Same for average net salary. I guess that would give a more accurate picture of Mexican wealth.
(04-12-2018, 04:35 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah well, but that's just because Mexico is a way larger country than these states. Especially Belgium, Netherlands, Siwtzerland... they are tiny, how big can the economy get. In GDP per capita, Mexico ranks around place 60 (according to wikipedia). Same for average net salary. I guess that would give a more accurate picture of Mexican wealth.

Yes but if we insist on looking at the bigger picture that doesn't allow for trying to make political points based off cherry picked facts.  That doesn't work in America.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-12-2018, 01:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, there weren't walls anywhere else.  There was fencing that wasn't stopping anything.

There was a vehicle barrier that kept people from driving across the border.

The new fence will not stop any more than the old fence because people can buy ladders. 

It is nothing but a huge waste of money to please a few rubes who don't know any better.
(04-12-2018, 01:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, there weren't walls anywhere else.  There was fencing that wasn't stopping anything.

We were promised increased coverage. We don't have that.

I don't know why I need to repeat that.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-12-2018, 04:35 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah well, but that's just because Mexico is a way larger country than these states. Especially Belgium, Netherlands, Siwtzerland... they are tiny, how big can the economy get. In GDP per capita, Mexico ranks around place 60 (according to wikipedia). Same for average net salary. I guess that would give a more accurate picture of Mexican wealth.

That and 48% of Mexicans live below the poverty line.

(04-11-2018, 11:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It’s not our job to take care of everyone else’s poor and helpless.   Sorry but USC got priority.   Unless you are willing to cut all social safety nets for everyone.   You certainly can’t have open borders plus a safety net.

That's a cute straw man.

(04-12-2018, 10:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There was a vehicle barrier that kept people from driving across the border.

The new fence will not stop any more than the old fence because people can buy ladders. 

It is nothing but a huge waste of money to please a few rubes who don't know any better.
It's not a new fence, it's a wall, as I've pointed out.

You lose credibility when you continuously ignore facts.
(04-12-2018, 11:15 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We were promised increased coverage. We don't have that.

I don't know why I need to repeat that.

Yes, we do have that.

And the existing coverage wasn't working.

Don't know why I need to repeat that.
(04-12-2018, 04:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't know why I need to repeat that.

Probably because what you're saying is wrong but you're emotionally invested in it so you feel a need to defend the falsehood. 

Will you guys please stop making Brad repeat himself all the time. Mad
(04-13-2018, 05:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Probably because what you're saying is wrong but you're emotionally invested in it so you feel a need to defend the falsehood. 

I’ve pointed out how what I’ve said is right, but tell me what you think I’m wrong about.

(04-13-2018, 05:38 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Will you guys please stop making Brad repeat himself all the time. Mad

It’s typical of Steelers and Ravens fans to just keep throwing out the same bullshit, even when they’ve been corrected in their false statements.

It’s related to them living in the past and trying to ride their teams’ past glories, even though it’s irrelevant to the present.
(04-13-2018, 06:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I’ve pointed out how what I’ve said is right, but tell me what you think I’m wrong about.

You told me a net gain of 0 miles of barriers along the border is fulfilling a promise of 2,000 miles of barriers.

(04-13-2018, 10:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You told me a net gain of 0 miles of barriers along the border is fulfilling a promise of 2,000 miles of barriers.

The "barriers" now aren't stopping anything, so the wall itself will be a gain, and then natural borders or cameras will cover the rest, meaning we go from an immigration problem to having it a lot more under control.
(04-14-2018, 12:23 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The "barriers" now aren't stopping anything, so the wall itself will be a gain, and then natural borders or cameras will cover the rest, meaning we go from an immigration problem to having it a lot more under control.

Like I said, upgrading existing isn't adding 2,000 new miles worth. No one is contesting that these new walls are better walls, but it's not fulfilling the promise of 2,000 miles worth. There's been no appropriation of money towards that goal.

(04-14-2018, 12:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Like I said, upgrading existing isn't adding 2,000 new miles worth. No one is contesting that these new walls are better walls, but it's not fulfilling the promise of 2,000 miles worth. There's been no appropriation of money towards that goal.

It's replacing existing, and 2,000 miles will be either very hard to get through (impossible), covered with cameras, or the actual wall.

You're bitching just to *****.
(04-14-2018, 02:06 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's replacing existing

Which is what I keep saying, thanks.

Quote:, and 2,000 miles will be either very hard to get through (impossible), covered with cameras, or the actual wall.

But that was what was promised.

Quote:You're bitching just to *****.

No, I'm correcting your inaccuracies because facts matter. I understand that when you become emotionally invested in someone who lies constantly, facts no longer matter, but they will always be important. 

(04-14-2018, 02:06 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're bitching just to *****.

Exactly.  Shut up and take your medicine, taxpayers!  The government is your boss, well, at least until a democrat gets elected again and it becomes patriotic to protect the government again.
(04-11-2018, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/mark-browne/report-visa-overstays-more-common-illegal-border-entries-mexicans-most
According to the report, more undocumented residents in the U.S. arrived with a visa and then overstayed, than crossed the U.S.-Mexico border illegally in every year since 2007.

It said that illegal southern border crossings made up less than 40 percent “of all undocumented arrivals since 2010, and just one-third of arrivals in 2014,” 

So? Are you only in favor of solutions if they're 100% effective? I'm not saying the border wall is or isn't a good idea, but 30-35% effective is still better than doing nothing. If you're against the border wall, okay, but you should come up with better rationale than 'it won't stop all illegal immigration.'
[Image: giphy.gif]