Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consumers win NFL Sunday Ticket case
The NFL is being fined $4.7 billion for anti-trust violations surrounding Sunday ticket.

How that gets distributed after the lawyers share hasn’t been announced.

What this means going forward for Sunday ticket is still unknown. At minimum, I can see them adding an ala carte option for this upcoming season but that is pure speculation

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
An ala carte option by team or even by specific game(s) could/would be awesome depending on price.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 08:00 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: An ala carte option by team or even by specific game(s) could/would be awesome depending on price.

Love it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Our former Beat Writer (Joe Reedy) responded to me on Twitter, stating that this only affects you guys in the US, which is BS as we also have to pay a large amount here in Canada.

But Sunday Ticket doesn't fall under the same provisos here as it does down by you guys...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2024, 10:31 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Our former Beat Writer (Joe Reedy) responded to me on Twitter, stating that this only affects you guys in the US, which is BS as we also have to pay a large amount here in Canada.

But Sunday Ticket doesn't fall under the same provisos here as it does down by you guys...

Cross the river and quite bitching. 
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2024, 11:25 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Cross the river and quite bitching. 

it's a lake, actually Wink
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2024, 11:55 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: it's a lake, actually Wink

I was thinking the crossover between Detroit and Windsor or some shit like that.
Reply/Quote
Detroit River indeed, my mistake!
Reply/Quote
The 4.7 million can be tripled. I had Sunday ticket for a long time. They NFL says they will appeal. I agree with others, this could have impact with You Tube as well in 2024 being the only option.

This could also impact the salary cap. The league allocates a percentage of its income towards the salary cap. If the NFL loses, it may result in a reduction in TV income (paying settlement) for the year they pay for the loss and also reduce TV revenue for the future.

I am not an attorney, but I do believe the NFL has a case to reduce their TV income from the settlement amount. So, it is not just the NFL that would lose, players would lose as well. It would be a huge expense to offset some of the TV revenue.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote