Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continued Trump Administration Fallout
(05-26-2021, 01:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Carter won in 1980 and if you don't wear a mask you'll spontaneously combust. 

Carter won 2020
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 01:05 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Carter won 2020

True, it was going to be his 3rd term but Nokoli Volkoff hacked the voting machines and I've got absolute proof that I'll drop eventually. 
Reply/Quote
Turns out Trump weaponized the DoJ secretly subpoenaing Democratic Congress members cell records along with their families. What makes it even worse is he used gag orders they continued 3 times to make sure Apple couldn’t tell them he had done it while he was still in office.

Yea…that’s not normal. If it turns out it was in fact politically based as it appears that alone would be an impeachable offense. Not that it would ever matter, but we just keep finding more of this fallout each month and it becomes more obvious the dude was unhinged and surrounded by enablers.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 08:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: Turns out Trump weaponized the DoJ secretly subpoenaing Democratic Congress members cell records along with their families. What makes it even worse is he used gag orders they continued 3 times to make sure Apple couldn’t tell them he had done it while he was still in office.

Yea…that’s not normal. If it turns out it was in fact politically based as it appears that alone would be an impeachable offense. Not that it would ever matter, but we just keep finding more of this fallout each month and it becomes more obvious the dude was unhinged and surrounded by enablers.

BoTh SiDeS dO iT
Reply/Quote
Wasn’t sure where to throw it but I’ll throw it here. Trump is suing Twitter and Facebook…he filed in Florida however both companies TOS have a venue clause saying they must be filed in CA. The suit will be thrown out immediately on that, but the merits of his case don’t hold up any better as his own previous defense when blocking people on Twitter cited that as a private company they have all rights to run their service as they please.

….but that’s all secondary because within an hour Trump sent an email out to donors asking for money to fight the tech giants blah blah. Basically, dude did another publicity stunt to raise more money because people are stupid.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 09:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Wasn’t sure where to throw it but I’ll throw it here. Trump is suing Twitter and Facebook…he filed in Florida however both companies TOS have a venue clause saying they must be filed in CA. The suit will be thrown out immediately on that, but the merits of his case don’t hold up any better as his own previous defense when blocking people on Twitter cited that as a private company they have all rights to run their service as they please.

….but that’s all secondary because within an hour Trump sent an email out to donors asking for money to fight the tech giants blah blah. Basically, dude did another publicity stunt to raise more money because people are stupid.

In 5 years this dude is going to be doing Jim Bakker-style shows asking for money on TBN.  Guarantee he'll get it, too.  
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2021, 11:09 PM)samhain Wrote: In 5 years this dude is going to be doing Jim Bakker-style shows asking for money on TBN.  Guarantee he'll get it, too.  

People pay Trump to "fight for them" so the result or even if it goes to court are irrelevant.  They're paying a supposed billionaire to file a lawsuit he has no intention of actually filing.  

Like with the election fraud, they're paying him to complain about stuff until they pay him to run in 2024 and probably pay him to fight to have that election overturned. 

Side note, should people on assistance who donate to Trump have their benefits revoked?
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 11:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: People pay Trump to "fight for them" so the result or even if it goes to court are irrelevant.  They're paying a supposed billionaire to file a lawsuit he has no intention of actually filing.  

Like with the election fraud, they're paying him to complain about stuff until they pay him to run in 2024 and probably pay him to fight to have that election overturned. 

Side note, should people on assistance who donate to Trump have their benefits revoked?

People pay to watch people play games online. And not just the half naked ladies. People do a lot of dumb shit with their money.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2021, 11:09 PM)samhain Wrote: In 5 years this dude is going to be doing Jim Bakker-style shows asking for money on TBN.  Guarantee he'll get it, too.  

How's that different than what he was doing before he was president?
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 06:52 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: People pay to watch people play games online. And not just the half naked ladies. People do a lot of dumb shit with their money.

I'd say people watching people play games online is stupid, but it wasn't all that long ago where people eating spiders and raw bull testicles was prime-time television.  Hell, when I was growing up absolute tripe like Full House was ultra popular.  Blech.

Back to my initial point, Trump is asking for money to "fight" fraud that doesn't exist and now he's asking for money to "fight" via a lawsuit he almost certainly will not file.  That's like paying to watch someone play video games and then they just use your money for their own personal expenses and don't even bother to do what you paid for.

Side note...all the Bengals fans should pay me to "fight" the NFL rigging games for the Steelers and against the Bengals. 

Oh and back to my point, if you are on public assistance and you give money to a dumbass politician (not just Trump) should you lose your benefits?  If you have enough money to blow on political donations you don't need hard working Americans like me paying your bills. 
Reply/Quote
I’m certainly being hypocrite, but I do wish people who have done no investigating outside of reading some news which is almost all opinion pieces these days would stop walking around preaching what they believe to be the gospel truth to hell with whoever disagrees with them.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 06:38 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’m certainly being hypocrite, but I do wish people who have done no investigating outside of reading some news which is almost all opinion pieces these days would stop walking around preaching what they believe to be the gospel truth to hell with whoever disagrees with them.

This is 80%+ of people these days (number is probably low) and certainly the majority of those on the far left or right.  People seek out content they want to hear, and call it truth, regardless of where that content comes from and then don't bother to check the truth of what they're reading or the motivations of those generating the content.

Our daughter (24) is horrible about this.  We won't talk politics with her any more unless she wants to discuss topics from primary sources instead of liberal blogs sharing opinion.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 10:26 PM)Stewy Wrote: This is 80%+ of people these days (number is probably low) and certainly the majority of those on the far left or right.  People seek out content they want to hear, and call it truth, regardless of where that content comes from and then don't bother to check the truth of what they're reading or the motivations of those generating the content.

Our daughter (24) is horrible about this.  We won't talk politics with her any more unless she wants to discuss topics from primary sources instead of liberal blogs sharing opinion.

Well at least she picks a side. My daughter can come up with some far left stuff one day, and then some far right stuff the next. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 12:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well at least she picks a side. My daughter can come up with some far left stuff one day, and then some far right stuff the next. LOL

This is because the vast majority of Americans don't tend to hold a political ideology. They form ad hoc opinions on topics as they are brought to them.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 12:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is because the vast majority of Americans don't tend to hold a political ideology. They form ad hoc opinions on topics as they are brought to them.

That's pretty much her.  I would say she certainly leans left (she's 25), but she can come up with some crazy stuff from anywhere.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 12:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That's pretty much her.  I would say she certainly leans left (she's 25), but she can come up with some crazy stuff from anywhere.

Maybe I'm even crazier than i thought, but I was more conservative when i was younger and got more liberal/libertarian as I aged.  
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe I'm even crazier than i thought, but I was more conservative when i was younger and got more liberal/libertarian as I aged.  

I was talking with someone else who went through that same thing. They just started questioning things, more.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 01:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was talking with someone else who went through that same thing. They just started questioning things, more.

When I was a kid I just assumed people were homeless because they were lazy, were in jail because they we're bad/guilty, protested because they were ungrateful and had too much free time, women and minorities were getting special treatment, calling mentalky slow kids special was stupid, the USA could take on the rest of the workd if it wanted to and so on.  

I never identified with Republicans and my parents were super liberal but didn't talk politics much.  If Trump would have run in 2000 I would have been all in on the guy.  
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe I'm even crazier than i thought, but I was more conservative when i was younger and got more liberal/libertarian as I aged.  

It happens more often than you'd think. The talking point from the right is that schools indoctrinate kids into liberalism. I personally think it has more to do with easier access to information.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2021, 02:06 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It happens more often than you'd think. The talking point from the right is that schools indoctrinate kids into liberalism. I personally think it has more to do with easier access to information.

In my case I just matured and realized that crying unfair and looking for excuses wasn't going to fix things.  It wasn't political for me, I voted for Gore when I was still in this mindset. 
Reply/Quote