Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contract Restructure
We see a flurry of these across the league every year. We all know AJ green should be a Bengal for life. And the front office does nothing but say Dalton is our franchise QB.

Teams convert base salaries into signing bonuses every year to free up cap space. If we did that with Dalton and AJ this year we could have another 15 million to spend.

Whyyyyy not go for broke? All these comp picks have yet to win us a playoff game
Reply/Quote
All it does is push the big cap hits down the road it doesn't make them disappear.
Reply/Quote
This.

Also, as much hate as Dalton gets, I'm a HUGE fan of his contract. I don't see really any necessity to change those. I'd rather cut Johnson, LaFell or others to make cap space

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: All it does is push the big cap hits down the road it doesn't make them disappear.

(03-15-2018, 04:40 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: This.

Also, as much hate as Dalton gets, I'm a HUGE fan of his contract. I don't see really any necessity to change those. I'd rather cut Johnson, LaFell or others to make cap space

I agree with both of you.  They can make cap space, but they should go about it the right way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Dalton's deal is great value. He is better than what he is getting paid. He is at the very least a middle of the pack QB.

He is getting paid like he is on the back half, he is better than that.

Cutting or atleast restructuring MJ's contract would be a better move. We can bring him back or bring in another player that
can bring about the same thing to the table as an End. He is being overpaid.

With Lafell we better have a player here to take his spot before we cut him. While i think Ross or Malone could be the answer
we don't know for sure yet. Now if we cut MJ, brought in a player like Marquis Lee then we could cut Lafell...
Reply/Quote
We can say an awful lot bad about out front office but one thing they do well is write contracts. We don't have a whole lot out there that restructuring would regain.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Dunlap, Geno, and MJ are all free agents after this year.

AJ is getting older Burfict is getting older.

I guess i am the only one who wants to win now.

Dalton and AJ are not going anywhere. By restructuring on those two their caps hits in the following years would pay them like the players they are. Upper mid teir QB and top notch WR. The salary cap has been steadily going up.

I understand the MJ argument but he isnt breaking the bank and after losing Chris smith and what is available at DE in the draft I would rather let him play out his final year.

Im sure after the eifert deal we will be talking about how we have no money to spend. But we still have some set aside for Atkinss/Dunlap.

Making some cap room by kicking the can down the road on players who are not going anywhere would allow us to add a couple more starters and open up the draft.

We have 11 picks. What was it like 4 or 5 of our drsft picks from last year didnt do jack. So all 11 this year wont make an impact.

Use the new money. Reinforce the roster with proven NFL talent. And then be aggressive in the draft with all the ammo we have.

Ignoring free agency so we can get comp picks isnt win now. It is for draft picks next year. Chances are a 5th and two 6ths wont be putting us over the top to a championship in 2019.

Restructure on two of your best players meaning we pay them more in the coming years and go get more talent now to help win NOW. Not next year. Not the year after. NOW!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 06:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dunlap, Geno, and MJ are all free agents after this year.

It might be a different type of situation, if this team were loaded and only 1 or 2 players away from being able to claim "King of the Mountain".  Honestly, 2015 would have been the best year to go "all in", had they brought in a Center that could handle a 3-4 NT one on one, and top notch LB to pair with Burfict, this team could have gone the distance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 06:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dunlap, Geno, and MJ are all free agents after this year.

Dalton and AJ are not going anywhere. By restructuring on those two their caps hits in the following years would pay them like the players they are. Upper mid teir QB and top notch WR. The salary cap has been steadily going up.

I understand the MJ argument but he isnt breaking the bank and after losing Chris smith and what is available at DE in the draft I would rather let him play out his final year.

Im sure after the eifert deal we will be talking about how we have no money to spend. But we still have some set aside for Atkinss/Dunlap.

Making some cap room by kicking the can down the road on players who are not going anywhere would allow us to add a couple more starters and open up the draft.

We have 11 picks. What was it like 4 or 5 of our drsft picks from last year didnt do jack. So all 11 this year wont make an impact.

Use the new money. Reinforce the roster with proven NFL talent. And then be aggressive in the draft with all the ammo we have.

Ignoring free agency so we can get comp picks isnt win now. It is for draft picks next year. Chances are a 5th and two 6ths wont be putting us over the top to a championship in 2019.

Restructure on two of your best players meaning we pay them more in the coming years and go get more talent now to help win NOW. Not next year. Not the year after. NOW!

If Dalton and AJ were for it, i am all for it Nati. I just don't see this happening.

Doesn't mean we cannot win now though. We can still bring in a WR or LB in in FA if we don't bring back anymore of our FA's.

Draft a Center and speedy cover LB early, a RT and we will be a tough team THIS year.
Reply/Quote