Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contract extension Unlikely
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/1/1/14138532/marvin-lewis-expected-back-2017-without-contract-extension

It appears that while GIggles McClapClap is going to be giggling and clapping in 2017, reports say another extension is unlikey.

Which makes sense. If Brown were more confident in Lewis, why not give him a multi-year extension instead of a year by year?
Reply/Quote
I don't think Marvin wants an extension. I think he's ready to retire, but won't quit with a year left on this contract.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
There's no reason for a lame duck year form Lewis. MB must be confident we'll get back to losing wildcard weekend next season. Just prolonging the inevitable. I see another extension coming. After 14 years, you just don't do a lame duck year. One more year doesn't make that bif of difference. Just makes our "stars" one year older and out of their prime.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think next season is basically a chance to buy the team time to make Guenther the next HC. I'm not sure such a move would go over well at the moment. An internal promotion after the season they just had would have attendance skip the toilet and go straight to the sewer. It would be the most "low energy" move since Jeb Bush's primary run. Culture change would be near zero. If the promotion was followed by a season worse than or equal to 2016, they'd be well on the way to having a lost fan base.

All that said, it seems that people who know and cover this team believe that they still hold Guenther in a very high regard. Add that to a front office that hates unknowns, and you have what I believe is a strong candidate to be the heir apparent to Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 03:28 PM)samhain Wrote: I think next season is basically a chance to buy the team time to make Guenther the next HC.  I'm not sure such a move would go over well at the moment.  An internal promotion after the season they just had would have attendance skip the toilet and go straight to the sewer.  It would be the most "low energy" move since Jeb Bush's primary run.  Culture change would be near zero.  If the promotion was followed by a season worse than or equal to 2016, they'd be well on the way to having a lost fan base.

All that said, it seems that people who know and cover this team believe that they still hold Guenther in a very high regard.  Add that to a front office that hates unknowns, and you have what I believe is a strong candidate to be the heir apparent to Marvin.

This is what I fear as well......ugh.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 03:28 PM)samhain Wrote: I think next season is basically a chance to buy the team time to make Guenther the next HC.  I'm not sure such a move would go over well at the moment.  An internal promotion after the season they just had would have attendance skip the toilet and go straight to the sewer.  It would be the most "low energy" move since Jeb Bush's primary run.  Culture change would be near zero.  If the promotion was followed by a season worse than or equal to 2016, they'd be well on the way to having a lost fan base.

All that said, it seems that people who know and cover this team believe that they still hold Guenther in a very high regard.  Add that to a front office that hates unknowns, and you have what I believe is a strong candidate to be the heir apparent to Marvin.

Vance Joseph is waiting on the sidelines down in Miami. Based on all the praise he got from the front office the past couple of years I would have to think (well, hope) he is the top choice.

Even if it is Guenther, I won't be that upset. At this point they could bring in Rex Ryan and I'd see it as an improvement. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 06:48 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Vance Joseph is waiting on the sidelines down in Miami. Based on all the praise he got from the front office the past couple of years I would have to think (well, hope) he is the top choice.

Even if it is Guenther, I won't be that upset. At this point they could bring in Rex Ryan and I'd see it as an improvement. 

The Vance Joseph ship has sailed.  Reports indicate that he's the favorite for the Denver job.  Another opportunity wasted. 
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 11:40 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: The Vance Joseph ship has sailed.  Reports indicate that he's the favorite for the Denver job.  Another opportunity wasted. 

Shocking   Whatever

But like I said, at this point it's ABM: Anybody But Marv
Reply/Quote
Marvin couldn't get the Colerain job if he wanted it.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 06:48 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Vance Joseph is waiting on the sidelines down in Miami. Based on all the praise he got from the front office the past couple of years I would have to think (well, hope) he is the top choice.

I'd be fine with guenther, my biggest knock is all the opening possession scores his D gave up showing they weren't 100% prepared. At least he's shown the ability and willingness to make in game and halftime adjustments to fix their shit and they usually play very solid for us. 

I also think all the assistant turnover on the defensive coaching staff hurt us a lot more than most people realized. I believe we had new secondary, LB, and D line coaches this season. That combined with the loss of Reggie and I think our d performed pretty well overall. They had some very weak moments but kept us in most games
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 04:49 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/1/1/14138532/marvin-lewis-expected-back-2017-without-contract-extension

It appears that while GIggles McClapClap is going to be giggling and clapping in 2017, reports say another extension is unlikey.

Which makes sense. If Brown were more confident in Lewis, why not give him  a multi-year extension instead of a year by year?

2017 will be the end. I think, I hope....

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 02:08 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I'd be fine with guenther, my biggest knock is all the opening possession scores his D gave up showing they weren't 100% prepared. At least he's shown the ability and willingness to make in game and halftime adjustments to fix their shit and they usually play very solid for us. 

I also think all the assistant turnover on the defensive coaching staff hurt us a lot more than most people realized. I believe we had new secondary, LB, and D line coaches this season. That combined with the loss of Reggie and I think our d performed pretty well overall. They had some very weak moments but kept us in most games

I feel the exact same way. I think you nailed it why the D sucked before the bye. The new coaches and the loss of Reggie.

Geunther like you said actually makes in game adjustments.

I would rather the Titans OC Robiskie stayed for another year in Tennessee and we pick him up but all things considered i like Guenther.
Reply/Quote