Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conway Asks: Why Do You Believe What Trump Says ‘Rather Than What’s in His Heart’?
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/conway-why-do-you-believe-what-trump-says-rather-than-whats-in-his-heart/

Quote:Donald Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway faced a grueling interview today where she was confronted by one of the mogul’s most enduring and controversial political moments.

During Meryl Streep‘s fiery speech against the president-elect at the Golden Globes, she brought up the moment in the 2016 election where Trump seemed to crudely mock the disability of New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski. Conway was asked about this by CNN’s Chris Cuomo, where he pressed her to explain why Trump couldn’t just admit to what he did, apologize for it, and move on.

“That is not what he did,” Conway said when asked if what Trump did was wrong. Cuomo brought up how Trump can deny mocking Kovaleski’s arthrogryposis as much as he wants, and yet, there’s a great deal of evidence to show that that is what he did.

“Why can’t you give him the benefit of the doubt…,” Conway asked, to which, Cuomo answered “because he’s making a disgusting gesture on video about Serge.”

The two of them continued to spar as Cuomo pointed out Trump’s actions, while Conway continued to insist that the mocking behavior was about Kovaleski “groveling.

“Why don’t you believe him? Why isn’t it taken at face value?” Conway said in exasperation. “You can’t give him the benefit of the doubt on this and he’s telling you what was in his heart? You want to go with what’s come out of his mouth rather than what’s in his heart.”

During this interview, Conway made the same argument she made on Fox about how if Streep really had a passion for disabled people, she would’ve talked about the man who was filmed being tortured in Chicago last week. As for Trump, he has chosen to respond to Streep’s slams by doing that thing he does on Twitter.

LMAO
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
It amazed me that he got a free pass for doing this. Not even as a Special Education teacher, but as a human being. Trump can make the little hand gesture that imitates his disability and people will defend him. It was one thing when he was just candidate Donald Trump, but now as President Elect he and one of the main voices of his transition team are doubling down on his comments.

Obama made an awful comment on Leno once about how his bowling was "like the Special Olympics". What did he do? He immediately called Maria Shriver's brother, who runs it, and apologized, even before it even aired. He still rightfully was trashed for it. At least he manned up.

Quote:During this interview, Conway made the same argument she made on Fox about how if Streep really had a passion for disabled people, she would’ve talked about the man who was filmed being tortured in Chicago last week. As for Trump, he has chosen to respond to Streep’s slams by doing that thing he does on Twitter.

This is a popular one that I have been seeing. It's an awful defense for your man's actions "At least he didn't torture him, he just made fun of him". It also ignores the point she was asking about him using his position as the soon to be leader of the free world to mock and humiliate people for the hand that life dealt them and it go uncheck.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-09-2017, 01:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It amazed me that he got a free pass for doing this. Not even as a Special Education teacher, but as a human being. Trump can make the little hand gesture that imitates his disability and people will defend him. It was one thing when he was just candidate Donald Trump, but now as President Elect he and one of the main voices of his transition team are doubling down on his comments.

Obama made an awful comment on Leno once about how his bowling was "like the Special Olympics". What did he do? He immediately called Maria Shriver's brother, who runs it, and apologized, even before it even aired. He still rightfully was trashed for it. At least he manned up.

This is a popular one that I have been seeing. It's an awful defense for your man's actions "At least he didn't torture him, he just made fun of him". It also ignores the point she was asking about him using his position as the soon to be leader of the free world to mock and humiliate people for the hand that life dealt them and it go uncheck.
Agreed. Hell I thought the comments about John McCain would do him in. When that didn't, I thought surely the "grab em by the *****" would be the end. I've since realized that he appeals to the LCD of humanity. He's tapped into the anger of white guys who drink a coupla Bud Lites and talk the same way. He's got four years to outdo himself on these kind of things. I'm sure that he will.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
i think we are better off believing what he says than whats in his heart

if he will willingly say that ivanka is a piece of ass and that if she wasnt his daughter he would date her, imagine what he doesnt say about her
People suck
When we make off the cuff comments and it is offensive, it is almost certainly what we intended. It is why there is so much effort to polish that image up for politics. Does that mean that someone can't see the error of their ways, go back and apologize, and what not? No. We're human. But you have to have the stones to admit you've screwed up, so admit your comment was in poor taste, you were in the wrong, and make amends. If you aren't polished enough to not do those things and you don't have the courage to admit when you are wrong, then you are a danger if you are a government official.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-09-2017, 03:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: When we make off the cuff comments and it is offensive, it is almost certainly what we intended. It is why there is so much effort to polish that image up for politics. Does that mean that someone can't see the error of their ways, go back and apologize, and what not? No. We're human. But you have to have the stones to admit you've screwed up, so admit your comment was in poor taste, you were in the wrong, and make amends. If you aren't polished enough to not do those things and you don't have the courage to admit when you are wrong, then you are a danger if you are a government official.

But Matt that's not what "real men" do.  "Real men" are tough guys who say whatever they want...not pansy politically correct liberal men.

They don't have to apologize because you should be man enough to take the insult.

Seriously, I've had my fill in my 47 years of "real men" telling me what "real men" are suppose to be like.  

Quick edit: I just got taken to task and asked if I needed a "safe place" because I defended what Streep said about Trump. Apparently "real men" on the right can ***** and complain but anyone on the left who gives it back to them is a sissy.
(01-09-2017, 02:37 PM)Griever Wrote: i think we are better off believing what he says than whats in his heart

if he will willingly say that ivanka is a piece of ass and that if she wasnt his daughter he would date her, imagine what he doesnt say about her

Watch what you say. Some around here will call you a pervert for illuminating the reality of this individual, then turn around and insult your family as well. It's a lot easier for these individuals to attack you then come to admit reality. Sound familiar?
(01-09-2017, 03:19 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Watch what you say.  Some around here will call you a pervert for illuminating the reality of this individual, then turn around and insult your family as well.  It's a lot easier for these individuals to attack you then come to admit reality.  Sound familiar?

i'll be the first to admit im a pervert, so that wont really phase me, lol
People suck
I started reading "We The People" and this text sums up where we are at.

Quote:The journalist Walter Lippmann worried that most citizens are unpre-
pared to play the role democracy assigns them. They live in the real world
but think in an imagined one. “While men are willing to admit that there
are two sides to a question,” Lippmann noted, “they do not believe that
there are two sides to what they regard as fact.”

In a self-governing society, citizens are expected to act on behalf of themselves and others.
But how can they govern themselves if they are out of touch with reality?

Trump supporters have bought into the concocted fantasy by the extreme right wing "news groups" and Trump himself that you can't trust anybody except Trump and other Republicans. College is deluded with false info, the mainstream media is full of dishonest liars and cheats and they just toss there extreme ideas back and forth and end up being even further removed from reality. There in the midst of being manipulated and it's not hard to see if you take a step back and see.

How would you control a mass group of sheep? You discredit every source except a handful that are propping up your message. You dumb them down. This is how Trump gets away with the laundry list of awful things he has said, refusing to show his taxes and so on.
I must admit I'm quite intrigued how Trump supporters are going to spin "Likes getting pissed on" into some sort of world-conquering trait as they did with every other insane thing he's done/said for the past 30 years.
That whole thing was blown a bit out of proportion. He's made the same gestures when mocking anyone, including himself.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(01-11-2017, 09:05 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That whole thing was blown a bit out of proportion. He's made the same gestures when mocking anyone, including himself.

Wait, the fact that he routinely mocks the disabled is supposed to exonerate him, here?  Lordy, the rulebook is just being tossed right out the window on this guy, eh?
(01-11-2017, 09:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, the fact that he routinely mocks the disabled is supposed to exonerate him, here?  Lordy, the rulebook is just being tossed right out the window on this guy, eh?

Ha; it took me a few seconds but I got it (shut up I've been up since 5am).
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(01-12-2017, 12:14 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I've been up since 5am

How many of those pills did you take ?
You're supposed to see a doctor, after 4 hours.
Ninja
(01-12-2017, 01:10 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: How many of those pills did you take ?
You're supposed to see a doctor, after 4 hours.
Ninja

Look up the treatment if that happens. Not for the weak of faint hearted!
I like the Donald because unlike politicians he always tells it like it is instead of being a slave to political correctness.
Wow. Look at all the abelists in this thread that think able-challenged people are a special class of people and should be treated differently than "normal" people.
(01-12-2017, 12:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Wow. Look at all the abelists in this thread that think able-challenged people are a special class of people and should be treated differently than "normal" people.

That's weird.  I read a bunch of people saying he shouldn't be mocked and the POTUS shouldn't be mocking anyone.

Might wanna check your specs.
(01-12-2017, 12:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: I read a bunch of people saying he shouldn't be mocked

Like I said, people who think handicap people should be treated differently. Thanks for verifying what I said. ThumbsUp
(01-12-2017, 12:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Like I said, people who think handicap people should be treated differently. Thanks for verifying what I said. ThumbsUp

Typical Trump supporter:  It doesn't matter what was actually said its what they "think".

:paul: