Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conway Asks: Why Do You Believe What Trump Says ‘Rather Than What’s in His Heart’?
(01-12-2017, 12:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Typical Trump supporter:  It doesn't matter what was actually said its what they "think".

:paul:

Who you callin' a Trump supporter? :angry:
[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-12-2017, 01:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Who you callin' a Trump supporter? :angry:

The guy who keeps supporting him.   ThumbsUp
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
And the trumpeters start backtracking away from daddy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Phil voted for Johnson.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(01-12-2017, 01:42 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Phil voted for Johnson.

And?  
(01-12-2017, 01:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: And?  
And.... ?
I didn't quote anyone.
Can't a guy talk to himself ?
(01-12-2017, 01:47 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: And.... ?
I didn't quote anyone.

Can't a guy question a guy talking to himself? 

Cool
(01-12-2017, 01:47 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: And.... ?
I didn't quote anyone.

Sure.

Wait, was that rhetorical?
(01-12-2017, 02:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Can't a guy question a guy talking to himself? 

Cool

Apparently so.

(01-12-2017, 02:01 PM)Benton Wrote: Sure.

Wait, was that rhettorical?

What does Gone With The Wind have to do with this ?
Ninja

What kind of ass backward world are we living in?

How do you judge people to determine their motives? Through their actions and words. The same rules that apply for the rest of the world that isn't a cartoon character.

You can't just look inside somebody's heart. LOL What is this a kids show?

[Image: clip-art-care-bears-753178.jpg]

I knew Trump was trying to dumb down his crowd but if they can't see through this they need to just finish the job themselves with a lobotomy.

I hope if USA learns anything from the inevitable fiasco that is Donald Trump is that your vote actually counts and people take their obligation as citizens in a democracy more seriously. Voting and thinking with your heart isn't good enough. You actually have to use that thing between your ears.
(01-12-2017, 02:58 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: What kind of ass backward world are we living in?

How do you judge people to determine their motives? Through their actions and words. The same rules that apply for the rest of the world that isn't a cartoon character.

You can't just look inside somebody's heart. LOL What is this a  kids show?

[Image: clip-art-care-bears-753178.jpg]

I knew Trump was trying to dumb down his crowd but if they can't see through this they need to just finish the job themselves with a lobotomy.

I hope if USA learns anything from the inevitable fiasco that is Donald Trump is that your vote actually counts and people take their obligation as citizens in a democracy more seriously. Voting and thinking with your heart isn't good enough. You actually have to use that thing between your ears.

I honestly thought Trump would be the end of Christian conservative support for the GOP. I thought they would respond to someone so far from their agenda being elected with their support. It could still end up that way, but it shows you how far people are willing to go down the same road. And, three years from now when prayer in schools is as legal as it is now, abortion is still as legal as it is now and the 10 Commandments are still just as legal to display as any other document, I don't think they'll have the same blind turn out they did this year for a party that's most likely going to raise their retirement age, reduce their healthcare and make them pay more in taxes.

But who knows, I was wrong this go round.
(01-12-2017, 12:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Wow. Look at all the abelists in this thread that think able-challenged people are a special class of people and should be treated differently than "normal" people.

I just happen to think the guy who leads our country should be held to a higher standard than that jackass uncle we all have who has a few drinks during the holidays and starts "Telling it like it is" to everyone at the dinner table.

You have to admit it is interesting how Trump won the presidency after doing a whole bunch of things people would never dream about doing at a normal job interview.  It's mind-boggling how acting like him during an interview to flip burgers would be suicide, but he's applauded and given a position of unimaginable power.

What are your qualifications for this position? None. And the fact that I have no experience is a bonus. Also, I'm going to take this opportunity to insult veterans, the disabled, women, and I don't pay my taxes and don't care. So when do I start and what are my stock options? Also, when can I have sex with your wife and/or daughter?

This election has just blown my mind.  Seriously.
(01-12-2017, 01:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: The guy who keeps supporting him.   ThumbsUp

Defending him from criticisms based on false information is not supporting him. However, you'd think after all the fuss Democrats and liberals gave to conservatives who didn't want Obama to succeed, you'd think those same people would want Trump to succeed and support him as well. But, alas, when it comes to politics, hypocrisy rules the day. 

(01-12-2017, 09:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just happen to think the guy who leads our country should be held to a higher standard than that jackass uncle we all have who has a few drinks during the holidays and starts "Telling it like it is" to everyone at the dinner table.

You have to admit it is interesting how Trump won the presidency after doing a whole bunch of things people would never dream about doing at a normal job interview.  It's mind-boggling how acting like him during an interview to flip burgers would be suicide, but he's applauded and given a position of unimaginable power.

What are your qualifications for this position?  None. And the fact that I have no experience is a bonus.  Also, I'm going to take this opportunity to insult veterans, the disabled, women, and I don't pay my taxes and don't care.  So when do I start and what are my stock options?  Also, when can I have sex with your wife and/or daughter?

This election has just blown my mind.  Seriously.

To be honest, I think the reason Trump is president is because things were getting too out of control in regards to political correctness and SJWs and whatnot. I mean, we all know many Trump supporters like him because he "tells it like it is". There's clearly more to it than just that, but I can't help but think this was the biggest influence.
(01-13-2017, 01:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Defending him from criticisms based on false information is not supporting him. However, you'd think after all the fuss Democrats and liberals gave to conservatives who didn't want Obama to succeed, you'd think those same people would want Trump to succeed and support him as well. But, alas, when it comes to politics, hypocrisy rules the day. 

To be honest, I think the reason Trump is president is because things were getting too out of control in regards to political correctness and SJWs and whatnot. I mean, we all know many Trump supporters like him because he "tells it like it is". There's clearly more to it than just that, but I can't help but think this was the biggest influence.

...then denies he said it, claims he was taken out of context, says the media is a bunch of losers out to get him.
(01-13-2017, 01:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be honest, I think the reason Trump is president is because things were getting too out of control in regards to political correctness and SJWs and whatnot. I mean, we all know many Trump supporters like him because he "tells it like it is". There's clearly more to it than just that, but I can't help but think this was the biggest influence.

It was a large influence. the Democratic party playing identity politics made a large swath of those that used to be loyal Ds feel abandoned. Clinton only firmed up that feeling by not paying them much attention during the campaign. Trump capitalized on that and made people forget that he is a part of the problem as well.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-13-2017, 01:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be honest, I think the reason Trump is president is because things were getting too out of control in regards to political correctness and SJWs and whatnot. I mean, we all know many Trump supporters like him because he "tells it like it is". There's clearly more to it than just that, but I can't help but think this was the biggest influence.

I won't disagree that it was an effective talking point and campaign, but do you really think political correctness is one of the biggest threats facing our country?  That's even before we point out that Trump's popularity and support negatively correlates with an area's diversity, so the people who support him the most aren't exactly surrounded by people of races/creeds/orientations they need to embrace anyways.

Plus, today's old whiny "Kids these days are spoiled wimps compared to us" generation grew up being completely dragged through the muck and mocked by the WWII generation, so it's nice to see we just kick cans down the road and learn nothing when it comes to social development, too.

Trump and his marketing team, like any good infomercial, told us we had a problem (too much PC bs invading our lives) and then just happened to offer us exactly what we needed to fix the problem they told us we had.  What a coincidence!  Marketing 101...tell consumer they NEED something, sell them the something that fills that hole you just made them think they had and/or fixes the problem you just convinced them was threatening them.

I'm sure someone else has pointed out that Trump himself is going around telling everyone that he lied his ass off to get what he wanted, so we should drop the whole "he tells it like it is" delusion...seriously.

But hey, the guy is president so I can only hope the war on political correctness is more successful than the war on drugs, the war on terror, the war on poverty, or any other war politicians have decided to wage on our behalf and dime against abstract concepts.  On the plus side, Trump supporters have really started to respect me now that I tell them what uneducated morons they are.  Woah, just tellin' it like it is, man!
I couldn't help but laugh when he first did it.

I know. There's a special place in hell for people like me.
(01-13-2017, 11:03 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I couldn't help but laugh when he first did it.

I know. There's a special place in hell for people like me.

Meh, laughing at it is harmless, if tasteless.  My fascination lies with people who watch that clip and think "YES!  THAT is the guy who is going to make America work again!"

Seriously, if being an offensive d-bag is the key to fixing this country why don't we just put Howard Stern and that guy from Jackass who stapled his nutsack to his leg in office and sail right into the next golden age?
(01-13-2017, 11:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, laughing at it is harmless, if tasteless.  My fascination lies with people who watch that clip and think "YES!  THAT is the guy who is going to make America work again!"

Seriously, if being an offensive d-bag is the key to fixing this country why don't we just put Howard Stern and that guy from Jackass who stapled his nutsack to his leg in office and sail right into the next golden age?
Well....Stern IS a Libertarian.
So....let's give it a whirl !

to get Trump elected, Conway is clearly crazy talented.....and those crazy eyes are real - she would rock your world and then rip your heart out Species-style
--------------------------------------------------------