Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump team attacks the media for accurate stories; give false rebuttal
In case you missed it, Press Secretary Sean Spicer was upset that the media accurately reported on the crowd size at the inauguration. His first press conference as the White House spokesman consisted of him spending 5 minutes without taking questions giving outright lies about the inauguration, at times yelling at the crowd and telling them what they should be reporting on.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/21/media/sean-spicer-press-secretary-statement/

Media outlets quickly fact checked him.

Kelly Anne Conway appeared on Meet the Press today. When asked by Chuck Todd to justify this blatant disregard for facts, she first suggested that it was ok because one reported incorrectly stated that an MLK Jr bust was removed from the Oval Office (they later corrected themselves) and that the one reported speaks on behalf of the whole press corp. She then later said that Spicer's lies were "alternative facts".

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/-alternative-facts-kellyanne-conway-defends-press-secretary-860186691666

This all comes after Trump referring to critics as his "enemies" and blasting the "dishonest media" multiple times in the last two days. He took a speech in front of the CIA meant to discuss his relationship with the intelligence community and talked about the crowds at his inauguration and the media, something that made former CIA chief John Brennan speak out against.

Reince Preibus suggested that the media was working to "de-legitimize" Trump and said that they will work to fight the media "every day and twice on Sunday" because they are "attacking" Trump.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Maybe I need to get with the times, but are we now calling "alternative facts" what used to be known as "blatant lies?"

Surely Spicer just meant to say they were record numbers for January 20th, 2017 inaugurations. Ninja
(01-22-2017, 03:22 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Maybe I need to get with the times, but are we now calling "alternative facts" what used to be known as "blatant lies?"

Surely Spicer just meant to say they were record numbers for January 20th, 2017 inaugurations. Ninja

ALTERNATIVE FACTS!!! 

How I love the term--now emblematic of the new administration's version of reality.

I think we have all grown weary of demanding accountable reporting and government and will find the option of choosing between "true" and "alternative" facts makes the world a far more interesting place.
It's a lot easier to eschew reality when you're dictating the agenda at hand in front of a bunch of illiterate bigots. Different story when people have a vocabulary informed by books and more than a GED.

Maybe that's why attendance was so low. His supporters couldn't get to the end of a choose your own adventure book. How can they be asked to navigate the federal hwy system?
I honestly love that crowd size is an issue. Especially when the left keeps downplaying the importance of the first black president. Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
kellyanne says we need to focus on the issues.

Trump is tweeting about the TV ratings of his inauguration. Only the really important stuff. Crowd size and TV ratings are extremely important to the American people.

The majority of the country would like to see the presidents tax returns. A petition got over 200,000 signatures asking to see them. Trump has said since the beginning he would release them. Day 3 Kellyanne says they will not be released and nobody cares.

Trump is a lying sack of shit. After the audit he says...

He is obviously hiding something.
(01-22-2017, 06:57 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I honestly love that crowd size is an issue. Especially when the left keeps downplaying the importance of the first black president. Mellow

Seems to be a pretty big issue to Deep Throat Daddy. He was talking about a bunch of bikers that apparently ran out of gas on their way. Maybe ol DT should have lowered his hotel rates that weekend.
Watching the interview between Chuck Todd and Conway was awful. The way she blatantly spins everything and poorly dodges questions should leave Trumps supporters feeling insulted with all of the straight shooter garbage spewing from his campaign. Sometimes she just goes on endless rants taking up all of the airtime.

Pretty much went down the same way for George Stephenopolis.
Old Kellyanne is a lot smarter than Trump looks.

Getting the "alternative facts" narrative trending served its purpose. Take the focus off of the global protest of Trump. Good way to totally steal the attention. Just go out there and lie. Make people forget about the massive crowds.

This is a group of professional fraudsters really really good at fooling people.
(01-23-2017, 07:21 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Old Kellyanne is a lot smarter than Trump looks.

Getting the "alternative facts" narrative trending served its purpose. Take the focus off of the global protest of Trump. Good way to totally steal the attention. Just go out there and lie. Make people forget about the massive crowds.

This is a group of professional fraudsters really really good at fooling people.

I'd like to give them that much credit.

Sometimes I feel like it really was just Trump's Ego at work and the rest trying to cover for him.  They (KellyAnn, Spicer) look so harried that you can see the struggle to keep up with his demands to make him look good the best.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.