Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool Observation
I heard on the post-game show that the INT/TD for MJ was his first TD in his 10 year career.

Hubbard's was obviously the first one in his career, even spanning back to high school.

The cool fact is if you remember when Hubbard was selected in the third round, who was up there on stage announcing the selection? None other than Michael Johnson.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I heard on the post-game show that the INT/TD for MJ was his first TD in his 10 year career.  

Hubbard's was obviously the first one in his career, even spanning back to high school.

The cool fact is if you remember when Hubbard was selected in the third round, who was up there on stage announcing the selection?  None other than Michael Johnson.

It was a sign!   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
MJ just barely missed sack that rushed throw on his own TD.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I heard on the post-game show that the INT/TD for MJ was his first TD in his 10 year career.  

The cool fact is if you remember when Hubbard was selected in the third round, who was up there on stage announcing the selection?  None other than Michael Johnson.

Passing the baton.
Reply/Quote
that was a incredible 20 second sequence for MJ.
he showed when you give effort and resilance on a play good things happen.
hes getting less snaps but its equaling to more production
Reply/Quote
Wasn't he cut and then came back?
Reply/Quote
Old Cat - New Cat cool
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:39 AM)Go Cards Wrote: MJ just barely missed sack that rushed throw on his own TD.

I believe he even had 2 previous stops before that play. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:48 AM)impactplaya Wrote: that was a incredible 20 second sequence for MJ.
he showed when you give effort and resilance on a play good things happen.
hes getting less snaps but its equaling to more production

He was on FIRE yesterday.  Most intensity I've ever seen out of him.   Made me choke on my posts calling for him being cut.

And he has definitely been mentoring Hubbard.   I hope those two have a monster season.   Their engines are running all the time.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 11:04 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Wasn't he cut and then came back?

He was only "cut" for a day, then resigned for the same deal. It wasn't a cut, it was a roster ploy to shuffle people around. MJ was trustworthy enough the coaches could ask him to do it..... and MJ had enough trust in them to bring him back.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 11:53 AM)3wt Wrote: He was on FIRE yesterday.  Most intensity I've ever seen out of him.   Made me choke on my posts calling for him being cut.

And he has definitely been mentoring Hubbard.   I hope those two have a monster season.   Their engines are running all the time.

Something pissed him off with that personal foul called on him.  He was a man possessed after that play.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 08:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Something pissed him off with that personal foul called on him.  He was a man possessed after that play.

MJ is a very good man. He down played his TD and was more eager to talk about Sam's first TD. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 08:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Something pissed him off with that personal foul called on him.  He was a man possessed after that play.

We need to do whatever it takes to make him play pissed ALL the time. Quick someone insult his mother. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Michael Johnson has been a punching bag for Bengals fans for 3-4 years (some of it was deserved) but he is a huge presence for the pups on the d-line. Hubbard even said that MJ has taken him under his wing, and it sounds like they're already really good friends.

Some thought the writing was on the wall for MJ's departure when he announced the Hubbard pick at the draft, and that could still be the case after the season but for now, he's playing a decent role and I hope he can keep it up. It was great to see both of them score and the fact that they were happier for each other than the touchdowns added on their stats.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 02:02 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: Michael Johnson has been a punching bag for Bengals fans for 3-4 years (some of it was deserved) but he is a huge presence for the pups on the d-line. Hubbard even said that MJ has taken him under his wing, and it sounds like they're already really good friends.

Some thought the writing was on the wall for MJ's departure when he announced the Hubbard pick at the draft, and that could still be the case after the season but for now, he's playing a decent role and I hope he can keep it up. It was great to see both of them score and the fact that they were happier for each other than the touchdowns added on their stats.

My biggest knock on MJ was playing him at RDE, a position that he just was no longer suited for in a 4-3 alignment.  He was surprisingly effective, in a limited basis, rotating inside of the 4-3 on passing downs.  I am glad to see that the rotation is truly being utilized and they aren't wearing down just four guys week after week.  

We finally started to see the dividends of the rotation in the fourth quarter of the game.  Yes, Tunsil was out, but that pressure was coming from all angles.  They were blowing up the entire line in the fourth quarter.  

Maybe the defensive line, from a pass rush standpoint, just needed a few more snaps to get their moves down?  I saw Lawson and MJ cut inside the LT (something I hadn't seen this year) and I saw guys cutting, looping, stunting, etc.  You could see they were breathing fire and coming at Tannehill from every which way.

I sure hope they beat the ever-loving shit out of Piggy this weekend....or maybe holding will suddenly become legal again. 
Reply/Quote

Am I the only one that saw the humor in sending MJ up there to announce that selection?

Might as well have been, "MJ, get out there and announce your replacement".   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 06:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: My biggest knock on MJ was playing him at RDE, a position that he just was no longer suited for in a 4-3 alignment.  He was surprisingly effective, in a limited basis, rotating inside of the 4-3 on passing downs.  I am glad to see that the rotation is truly being utilized and they aren't wearing down just four guys week after week.  

We finally started to see the dividends of the rotation in the fourth quarter of the game.  Yes, Tunsil was out, but that pressure was coming from all angles.  They were blowing up the entire line in the fourth quarter.  

Maybe the defensive line, from a pass rush standpoint, just needed a few more snaps to get their moves down?  I saw Lawson and MJ cut inside the LT (something I hadn't seen this year) and I saw guys cutting, looping, stunting, etc.  You could see they were breathing fire and coming at Tannehill from every which way.

I sure hope they beat the ever-loving shit out of Piggy this weekend....or maybe holding will suddenly become legal again. 

Mine as well. He's just not effective playing RDE anymore.

Here's to hoping he can continue to be disruptive inside on passing downs.
Reply/Quote

He said he was pulled down by the offensive player to the turf, and was actually the one that should have drawn the PF.  He didn't even really retaliate.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 09:24 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mine as well. He's just not effective playing RDE anymore.

Here's to hoping he can continue to be disruptive inside on passing downs.

Yep.....this is where I am as well.  I'm sure some on here literally trashed him, but I just wanted them to limit his snaps or move him inside to increase his efficiency.  He's just not young enough to play that many snaps and be effective anymore.  That's ok too.  You do need vets like him around to help teach and be good locker room leaders.

I think the main issue with him with some fans is the salary, and could it be better spent else where.  As far as a teammate and leader in the community, you couldn't ask for a better person.  He's not a bad player either, he just needs rested more than they have.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This ^^^ They held them to a field goal after he got his personal foul and it gave the Fins 15 yards. That was the turning point in that game momentum changed then and it never switched back.
(10-09-2018, 01:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: We need to do whatever it takes to make him play pissed ALL the time. Quick someone insult his mother. ThumbsUp

I say we have Geno slap the crap out of MJ a few times before every game he plays so much better pissed off.
Reply/Quote